Capitol Hill Blue
Posted By: Mellowicious I’ll Buy That - 11/29/21 10:27 PM
The Christmas season always leaves me slack-jawed at the extraordinarily high levels of consumerism, and consumption of pure crap, in this country. Billy Bass. Truck nuts. Need I say more?

NPR did a nice story this afternoon on consumerism this afternoon. It’s about 8 minutes. When’s the last time you heard a reference to the Kitchen Debate?

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/29/1059861668/why-americans-buy-so-much-stuff
Posted By: Mellowicious Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/29/21 10:34 PM

Thanks, Steve.
Posted By: logtroll Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/30/21 12:50 AM
[quote=Mellowicious] Truck nuts. Need I say more?/quote]
Yeah... where'd you get yours? I got some in camo for Black Friday - 20% off!
Posted By: Mellowicious Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/30/21 03:12 AM
Got no truck, got no nutz. Got $12 I didn’t spend on ‘em, though.
Posted By: logtroll Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/30/21 04:09 AM
Filthy lucre?
Posted By: pondering_it_all Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/30/21 05:18 AM
Those always me think of the expression "tits on a bull".
Posted By: logtroll Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/30/21 02:05 PM
Your intuition appears to be spot on!
https://www.danyabanya.com/tits-on-bull/

But more importantly, a bulls nipples are indeed on it’s testicles. Isn’t that such a wonderful visual. I’ve mentally filed this under “things you can never unknow.”
[Linked Image from danyabanya.com]
Posted By: TatumAH Re: I’ll Buy That - 11/30/21 03:48 PM
I often rely on phrases that evoke mages that are in the "bells that can't be unrung" catagory.
I have considered ordering a set of the truck lugs, as a prank to hang on my gay step sisters relevant others large red pickup, with the custom license plate "IBEBUBBA", which is her nickname for their rugby team, but now universally used in the family as a term of endearment.
I always seem to get hung up making the appropriate selection on their webs sight between a rainbow motif vs red, white, and blue stars and bars, that does not have a glitter option.
And then there's the fact that they are both championship Rugby players who, though aging, could still do serious harm if teased more than my usual baseline.

TAT
Posted By: Greger Re: I’ll Buy That - 12/01/21 03:49 AM
I saw a truck once with a pair of very large hex nuts wired to the hitch. Much more apropos than those plastic things.

The Christmas season always leaves me slack-jawed at the extraordinarily high levels of consumerism, and consumption of pure crap,

I guess I know that it goes on but I don't see it or see much sign of it. All that's really required of me is to smudge the house on Yule. And if I forget, it's okay.
Posted By: TatumAH Re: I’ll Buy That - 12/01/21 06:44 PM
Some Pagans are saying that adequate smudging can be achieved by passive smoke, if appropriate herbs are used regularly. crazy The DIY smudging movement is taking off due to the shortage of Shamans. grin

TAT
Posted By: Greger Re: I’ll Buy That - 12/01/21 07:22 PM
I use the four sacred medicines for ritual purposes. Daily smudging is done through passive means using cannabis vapors filtered through my lungs.
© ReaderRant