WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 06:25 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/19/24 03:27 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1 guest and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,397 my own book page
5,016,220 We shall overcome
4,192,796 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,478 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,284
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,782
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I am very concerned that a significant segment of the electorate is so divorced from reality and that Fox News can't be sued for false advertising. Not only are they unfair and unbalanced, their masquerade as a "news" organization is blatantly false. While MSNBC has a lineup of leftwing talking heads and shows, I have not seen the level of "news" manipulation there as on the purported "news" segments on FOX. MSNBC relies on a legitimate news organization, NBC, for its information, whereas FOX creates its propaganda first, then shapes information to suit its story line, occasionally just making stuff up when there are no outside sources (i.e. facts) that support its story. They are also the propaganda organ of the RNC.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Even News Corp Board of Directors recognize that Fox News isn't to be taken seriously because they put FNC into the "entertainment" division of 21st Century Fox while its Australian news units are with the WSJ. Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
NWP are you still going to put up that thread?

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yes, I've been working on it but some personal issues have kept me mostly away from my computer (posting from my Nook). Should be able to get to it today. smile

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Speaking of "separation from reality" - I was struck that TEA party candidate Chris McDaniels "declined to concede", as Politico put it, after the run-off election in Mississippi. I find it typical of the TEA pity candidates to be whineful, spiteful, uncooperative and small. Mayhaps they will decide to create a third party?

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Speaking of "separation from reality" - I was struck that TEA party candidate Chris McDaniels "declined to concede", as Politico put it, after the run-off election in Mississippi. I find it typical of the TEA pity candidates to be whineful, spiteful, uncooperative and small. Mayhaps they will decide to create a third party?
Or, in the vernacular, a Turd Party.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Logtroll said:
Or, in the vernacular, a Turd Party.

Oh, Loggy, I'm all a-flush.

Just a Missouri school teacher ... stubborn as a mule and addicted to logic.
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
OP Offline
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
A woman was at her hairdresser's getting her hair styled for a trip to Rome with her husband..

She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser, who responded:" Rome ? Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded and dirty. You're crazy to go to Rome . So, how are you getting there?"

"We're taking Continental," was the reply. "We got a great rate!"

"Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late. So, where are you staying in Rome ?"

"We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome 's Tiber River called Teste."

"Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks it’s going to be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump."

"We're going to go to see the Vatican and maybe get to see the Pope."

"That's rich," laughed the hairdresser. "You and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."

A month later, the woman again came in for a hairdo. The hairdresser asked her about her trip to Rome .

"It was wonderful," explained the woman, "not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked, and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.. And the hotel was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job, and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"

"Well," muttered the hairdresser, "that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."

"Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican , a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder, and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors, and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me. Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me.."

"Oh, really! What'd he say?"

He said: "Who f*cked up your hair?"

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

J
veteran
veteran
J
LOL

J
veteran
veteran
J

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard