WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#313995 08/19/19 06:29 PM
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You may know about this... if so, consider yourself in the top 1% of all Americans. IMHO, as important to our lives and freedom as environmental dangers.

Since there is so much to this, I won't try to do an overview. Suffice it to say, I believe there is enough "tracking" in the US today, to allow implementation in our lives in a matter of years, not decades.

Some links and quotes:

The Communist Chinese government is bragging about its social credit system preventing 2.5 million “discredited entities” from purchasing plane tickets and 90,000 people from buying high speed train tickets in the month of July alone.

“China restricted 2.56 million discredited entities from purchasing plane tickets, and 90,000 entities from buying high-speed rail tickets in July,” tweeted the Global Times, a Chinese government mouthpiece.

Over 3.59 million Chinese enterprises were added to the official creditworthiness blacklist last year, banning them from a series of activities, including bidding on projects, accessing security markets, taking part in land auctions and issuing corporate bonds, according to the 2018 annual report released by the National Public Credit Information Centre.

Wiki Social Credit System

Millions stopped from flying

Millions of businesses under the controls

Last edited by itstarted; 08/19/19 06:36 PM.

Life is Good!
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by itstarted
You may know about this... if so, consider yourself in the top 1% of all Americans. IMHO, as important to our lives and freedom as environmental dangers.

Since there is so much to this, I won't try to do an overview. Suffice it to say, I believe there is enough "tracking" in the US today, to allow implementation in our lives in a matter of years, not decades.

Some links and quotes:

The Communist Chinese government is bragging about its social credit system preventing 2.5 million “discredited entities” from purchasing plane tickets and 90,000 people from buying high speed train tickets in the month of July alone.

“China restricted 2.56 million discredited entities from purchasing plane tickets, and 90,000 entities from buying high-speed rail tickets in July,” tweeted the Global Times, a Chinese government mouthpiece.

Over 3.59 million Chinese enterprises were added to the official creditworthiness blacklist last year, banning them from a series of activities, including bidding on projects, accessing security markets, taking part in land auctions and issuing corporate bonds, according to the 2018 annual report released by the National Public Credit Information Centre.

Millions of business interferences

Unfortunately I suspect that there will be an enormous effort to bring this to the West, particularly the United States.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
I have a feeling that posting this on a separate thread would get me kicked off the forum... In some ways, it's connected with the Social Credit System... if only the means by which china will protect against their own technology.

Learn the word "QUANTUM" because you'll be hearing it for the coming decade.

Quantum Tech in China

The Chinese are bringing back home, the Techs that we have educated at our finest schools...

Am trying to merge the two subjects, Quantum Tech and the Social Credit System... looks like we're getting behinder. frown

Life is Good!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas

Some links and quotes:

Millions of business interferences

Unfortunately I suspect that there will be an enormous effort to bring this to the West, particularly the United States.
I think we're already there, although it is largely commercial (so far). Credit scores, which are often arbitrary and inscrutable, are used in loans, credit card, housing and employment already. The only missing step is government applications - but DID is working on it.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I have a feeling that posting this on a separate thread would get me kicked off the forum...

Why would you think that?

In some ways, it's connected with the Social Credit System... if only the means by which china will protect against their own technology.

Learn the word "QUANTUM" because you'll be hearing it for the coming decade.

Quantum Tech in China

The Chinese are bringing back home, the Techs that we have educated at our finest schools...

Am trying to merge the two subjects, Quantum Tech and the Social Credit System... looks like we're getting behinder. frown

deepfreezefilms.com
old hand
OP Offline
old hand

Jeffery

Sorry... a bit of carryover. I've been posting on various forums, and have gotten used to having thoughtful subjects disappearing after 5 or 6 members make their 10 word reply, and figure they know all there is to know about the subject.

I enjoy discussions... (not arguments, but discussions). Two sides to most subjects, and I like learning... not winning or losing, but learning. Am afraid it's becoming old-fashioned. Diogenes is dead.

tonbricks

Life is Good!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Jeffery

Sorry... a bit of carryover. I've been posting on various forums, and have gotten used to having thoughtful subjects disappearing after 5 or 6 members make their 10 word reply, and figure they know all there is to know about the subject.

I enjoy discussions... (not arguments, but discussions). Two sides to most subjects, and I like learning... not winning or losing, but learning. Am afraid it's becoming old-fashioned. Diogenes is dead.

tonbricks

Oh please, rest assured, I cannot for the life of me imagine anything you might do that would set off the fire suppression system at the Rant. You're not known for starting flame wars.

You're at home! laugh

deepfreezefilms.com
L
veteran
veteran
L
I object!! It started it!!!

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
L
veteran
veteran
L
Diogenes is dead...
No, no, no,
He’s outside, looking in.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Will add one last thread, and let this one go... frown

A first person look at the Chinese Social Credit System

(use the free "mercury reader" to avoid the many ads)

What really makes me think, is the idea that the entire process could be transferred into a U.S. Government operated system almost overnight. Today, the emphasis is on the hacking of our military intelligence, but that is only the tiniest tip of the iceberg. Imagine members of government seeing the Social Credit System as being a protective arm of our own government. Indeed, what part of our population would disagree with being provided with a safer and more honest future?

Last edited by itstarted; 08/25/19 07:06 PM.

Life is Good!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard