WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm not surprised it's not over. I know Georgia was never set up to count millions of mail in ballots. I figured there'd be other states in the same boat. Georgia is use to a couple of thousand absentee ballots, not millions.

I'm surprised it's this close. According to the early exit polls, Hispanics/Latino's have increased their support for Trump from 28% to 32%, Blacks from 8% in 2016 up to 12%. Trump's white vote so far 56% vs. 57% in 2016, Biden is getting 42% of the white vote, up from 37% for Hillary.

Early exit polls, numbers will change. No break down as far as party ID. senate is listed as a 47-47 tie. The Democrats flipped Arizona and Colorado, totally expected as well as Alabama going to the Republicans for a net gain of one so far. James leading in Michigan is a complete surprise, Peters the Democrats had a solid lead there. Collins in Maine was also suppose to go down fairly easily, she also leads at the moment. But who knows how Maine's ranked voting will come into play. Georgia 1 while not called, GOP Purdue leads, Georgia 2 will go to a runoff on 5 Jan 2021. Tillis lead in NC, very close. Alaska while not called is solid GOP. So at the moment the Republicans have a 48-47 lead. If Peters doesn't pull out Michigan, the Republicans will once again control the senate.

Now who would have thought that while whites moved some toward Biden, Blacks and Hispanics would move toward Trump. Very interesting. That is unexpected.

Last edited by perotista; 11/04/20 02:55 PM.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
veteran
veteran
gee from .9 probability to .5

Looks like non-scientific rendering of what i saw, read and heard will turn out closer than the 538 folks.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Schlack Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
No more votes to count in Wis, Biden +20K

MI, 100k votes left to count, Biden currently + 31K.

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
(Philip K.Dick)

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I think that Biden may actually win. I have never been sure from the getgo and there is absolutely no reason to believe polls (one would think we would learn that lesson by now). I also noticed that the talking heads were talking to a lot of folks that didn't vote. I am for mandatory voting. If somebody doesn't want to vote for anything/anybody on the ballot submit a blank ballot! (but vote!) Australia, I think, was the last to impose mandatory voting and it changed thing. I think we could use a change to and mandatory voting just might do it. Right now the lazy don't vote and have all sorts of excuses. I particularly like the one that goes something like; "Its my right not to vote!". Its also an opportunity to vote for Donald Duck!!

Voting is where we get to tell them that would govern what we think. It has little to do with rights and a lot to do with doing what needs to be done to send a message.

veteran
veteran
If you have to talk about scenarios .... then it is a jump ball

I have to wonder ... Mr Trump can lie about working for the common man ... how come that doesn't work for Democrats? Maybe the Dems need a serial killer, who claims he is reborn, who will publicly steal the money and claims he does it for his supporters, etc etc

I dunno ... if anyone sees some redeeming features left in America please advise. I think I am seeing the real decline of America ... half the population wants to open up an economy and "cull the herd" of people who are drag on the economy and the other half believes it is the mandate of government to protect its citizenry ... I don't even want to type any more words I am so depressed

ignorance is the enemy

Schlack Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
Nates Cohen and Silver both think that PA should turn blue.

Biden is getting closer in GA - within 1% now but may come up just short. Trump just launched legal action there to stop the count.
Then theres this sh!t

And this

And this

I recall the amusement of the trumpers at the 2016 disappointment.....

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
(Philip K.Dick)

Schlack Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran

(Philip K.Dick)

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
This political realignment sure is a bumpy ride.
Not much headway in the Senate. Regression in the house. The Hamptons look to have their girl in the Oval Office so that group should be happy with this outcome. The left has no political party. Let’s face it, it hasn’t in decades but the open hostility from the right wing of the party and chasing the suburban republicans has left no doubt.

I wonder if it will be a marriage of convenience with the ‘never Trumper’s’’? If not, where will that leave the liberals down the road? If the stamp of trump on the Republican Party fades and the never Trumpers drift back to their home will the left drift back to the Democrats? Is the radical center right party a lasting coalition? Can they make enough money on the arrangement to make it so.

Lotta questions.

Personally, I find it silly to think that forcing people to vote will somehow allow better outcomes. It smells of authoritarianism and stupidity. Here’s two corporate hand picked candidates. VOTE!! Ok, Trump wasn’t handpicked but he’s the exception that proves the rule (and, no, Putin didn’t pick him for you liberal Qanon types).

Hell, both parties are committed to shrinking voter participation. Did Biden even have a voter registration drive as part of his campaign strategy? If he did it was well hidden. Kinda like himself during the campaign.

Might be premature but I think they’ll manage to drag Biden over the finish line. Looks like I’m loosing money on this one. Unless Trump goes full Iowa. There may be hope yet.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 11/05/20 02:59 AM.
veteran
veteran
Sen McConnell has already signaled, should VP Biden win, he, Sen McConnell, will not allow a pres Biden to implement Biden's agenda unless it is Republican agenda.

What the frak is wrong with these Republicans!!!!!!!

Enter the slow strangulation of America.

McConnell's Obstruction deuxième acte

ignorance is the enemy

Schlack Offline OP
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
US elections: Day 374.

Count ongoing.

(Philip K.Dick)

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Doug Thompson, Greger, NW Ponderer 

Link Copied to Clipboard