WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Common sense tells me that people will be killed, women will be raped, disease will take some and car crashes others Thousands upon thousands of cases are tried every day, some I might agree with, some not. You needn't fear an army of Ritterhouses in the streets or that suddenly conservatives start gunning for libruls and claiming self-defense in a sudden bloodbath due to this kid's luck in drawing a sympathetic judge.

A Kansas City cop just got convicted of murdering a black man. A black man just got his death sentence commuted too. There's good and bad in the world, Yin and Yang. But if you focus your gaze only where the media wants you to focus your gaze you will become hypnotized by this one politically charged case which serves no purpose other than to drive another wedge between the factions.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Greger
..You needn't fear an army of Ritterhouses ....
You're confusing fear with loathing. I'm not Conservative. I'm simply don't appreciate who they are. Hmm

Every single day of my life, I am confronted by what Conservatives think of me and what laws they want to enact to silence me or make me invisible. I certainly didn't form my opinions of Conservatives in an unthouightful way. I stand by my opinion of Consevatives.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

veteran
veteran
Rick, I'm not afraid of conservatives carrying guns around. Are you?

Greger, you didn’t ask me but that’s never stopped me answering before:

Hell, yes, I’m afraid of conservatives carrying guns around. Ditto liberals, libertarians, old farts from Maine, duck hunters from Minnesota, nuns, toddlers, soldiers, and yes, police officers.

Every and any time I see a gun in public I know that a responsible gun owner has been taught not to carry unless prepared to use.

Therefore every time I see a gun in public I know it’s there to intimidate and to endanger.

Scares the daylights out of me.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
1 member likes this: pdx rick
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
...a responsible gun owner has been taught not to carry unless prepared to use....

Bow

Rittenhouse was prepared to use his AR-15 which was gotten for him because he knew he was too young to purchase one himself, and he knew what he was going was illegal. Kyle went looking for trouble.

mad

#FederalWeaponsChargesForKyle

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Conservatives won't wear masks, because God will protect them. Yet, they open-carry guns because God won't protect them? Conservative logic. crazy

veteran
veteran
Ritterhouse was walking the streets taking in the sights, the crowd saw he was armed, determined that he was the enemy and attacked him, tried to disarm him. He feared for his life and discharged his weapon.

In the case of Arbery vs McVeigh the black guy was unarmed jogging through the neighborhood taking in the sights, white guy came at him with a gun and the black guy feared for his life and tried to disarm the white guy to save his life. See the difference?

The guy who didn't use his(illegal) weapon probably should have.
I certainly do see the difference.

Travis McMichael cried in the courtroom and declared he feared for his life.

We'll see how it goes. What Travis and partners were doing was legal at the time.
In Ahmaud Arbery's Name, Georgia Repeals Citizen's Arrest Law
Travis is white, Ahmaud was black.

Greger, I know what that boy did was legal, except for the part about it being illegal for him to carry an AR15 the charge of which was thrown out by the judge.
And his mother was not charged, why?

It's really hard for me to accept the argument that if everybody had just left him alone.
Seeing a child with a big gun struting through the crowd is scary as hell.
A Kansas City cop just got convicted of murdering a black man. A black man just got his death sentence commuted too. There's good and bad in the world, Yin and Yang.
Oh ok. So we don't really have a race problem. It's just the natural way of things.

I'm sorry this sh*t just hurts my soul.

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
1 member likes this: pdx rick
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm sorry this sh*t just hurts my soul.

As well it should.
I don't know why his mother wasn't charged, did she kill somebody too?

Murder 1 was never gonna fly. Remember Trayvon Martin? They couldn't even pin a murder 2 charge on Zimmerman, and Ritterhouse had witnesses who saw the crowd attacking him and proving his self-defense claim.

If anyone is to blame for this it is overzealous prosecutors who want more than the judge and jury are liable to deliver.

Similar to Democrats in real life.

old hand
old hand
Good Morning. I understand the emotion of this thread, I even understand the misplaced sympathy for the victims, but I believe that your reaction is based on entitlement, misinformation and party loyalty.
First, Rittenhouse should have stayed home. His mother should have talked him out of traveling to Kenosha to protect his grandparents. What good is being a lone gunman in the middle of hundreds of violent people? Even a 17 year old mind can conjure up the potential for disaster. But the blame, the real blame, rests on the protesters (criminal trespassers). Where is it written that because you are part of a “mostly peaceful” protest it is OK to burn police cars and buildings? Where does the law allow people to break windows and loot, which is just another word for rob, private businesses? And, when the police refuse to protect these businesses, or are prohibited from doing so, what do you expect people to do?

Look, I know it is all PC to respect BLM, to make excuses for their bad behavior and criminal activities during their “mostly peaceful” protests, but the vast majority of people want to live a safe and totally peaceful life. When the illusion of that safe and peaceful life is torn away, violence usually follows. It is the reason that the police forces were formed.
I sympathize with the victims families, and the loss of life. I can honestly say that I wish it never happened. But in this case, justice was correctly applied. For all of you people out there who are concerned that this will happen again, I suggest that the police be allowed to handle the situation sooner rather than after the fact.

This is America and we are an entitled group of people. WE feel it is our right to … For some it is to protest, rob and burn private property, for others it is trying to protect private property. When the police allow that to happen, the entitled masses will do what they feel is necessary. Defund the police, encourage vigilantism. There are always more armed citizens than there are protesters.
Tim

A proud member of the Vast Right-wing Conspiracy, Massachusetts Chapter

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Morning, Tim!

I believe that your reaction is based on entitlement, misinformation and party loyalty.

My take is that it's mostly party loyalty. That your sentiments go the way they do demonstrates that your own party loyalty requires you to take the other side.

It seems almost universal in these politically charged events. Half the country takes one side and the other half the other side...

And the other half just doesn't really give a feck one way or the other. Three strangers died in Wisconsin because a black man died and white people rioted. And I'm supposed to take sides why? The cop that killed George Floyd is in jail. BLM succeeded and I don't think they owe any thanks to the rioters.

The entire sordid tale from "I can't breathe" to "not guilty" is stupid from its start to its finish.

Media theater meant to divide and control the viewing public.

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Ma_Republican
Good Morning. I understand the emotion of this thread, I even understand the misplaced sympathy for the victims...
...because losing one's life after throwing a plastic bag at a 17 year old trigger happy teen who happens to be illegally carrying an AR-15 and who traveled to another state looking for trouble is a misplaced emotion. That's really sick thinking. mad

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard