WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Ma_Republican
This is America and we are an entitled group of people. WE feel it is our right to … For some it is to protest...
Now Rightwingers claim that protest, which is enshrined in the Constitition is an etitlement. Your Facism is showing Tim. rolleyes

Contrarian, extraordinaire

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pdx rick
This is America and we are an entitled group of people. WE feel it is our right to … For some it is to protest...
Now Rightwingers claim that protest, which is enshrined in the Constitition is an etitlement. Your Facism is showing Tim. rolleyes
A protest is holding signs, marching, chanting pithy slogans, maybe even sitting inside a building and refusing to leave. A riot is general lawlessness with violence, looting and, in this case, firebombing police cars and buildings. One is protected by the Constitution and the other is not.

Rittenhouse exhibited a severe lack of judgement, the victims were just morons who decided to attack an armed man. The police refused to stop it, so people came out to support the lawful side of the equation.

Last edited by Ma_Republican; 11/22/21 07:48 PM.

A proud member of the Vast Right-wing Conspiracy, Massachusetts Chapter

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
My wife told me that one of the dead (by Rittenhouse) was not a lefty and was spouting a lot of racism stuff before getting killed. If that is true it seems to be ignored. Just thought that was interesting. Then, again, perhaps my wife was wrong (unlikely)

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Greger
Morning, Tim!

I believe that your reaction is based on entitlement, misinformation and party loyalty.

My take is that it's mostly party loyalty. That your sentiments go the way they do demonstrates that your own party loyalty requires you to take the other side.

It seems almost universal in these politically charged events. Half the country takes one side and the other half the other side...

And the other half just doesn't really give a feck one way or the other. Three strangers died in Wisconsin because a black man died and white people rioted. And I'm supposed to take sides why? The cop that killed George Floyd is in jail. BLM succeeded and I don't think they owe any thanks to the rioters.

The entire sordid tale from "I can't breathe" to "not guilty" is stupid from its start to its finish.

Media theater meant to divide and control the viewing public.

As I have said on this forum many time before, I am a Republican because they let me keep more money in my pocket. Their politics are confusing, at best. In this case I will default to law and order; the protesters were allowed to riot, encouraged even, so anything bad that happened to them is the local government's fault and their own. The fact that a child was allowed to be there is equally wrong, but not illegal. Sometimes, life just sucks. Had anybody tried to do the right thing early in this process, this wouldn't have happened. I place the majority of the blame on the Dems, they pandered and pampered and gave lip service to the cause celeb and it flew out of control. Anybody with any judgement could have predicted violence, hell, I am surprised that there wasn't more. So now two children are dead one is maimed and another has had at least a life altering experience, all in the name of politics.

This just sucks all the way around!

Tim

A proud member of the Vast Right-wing Conspiracy, Massachusetts Chapter

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
I place the majority of the blame on the Dems, they pandered and pampered and gave lip service to the cause celeb and it flew out of control.

The Dems pandered to Kyle Rittenhouse?
Yeah, I'm thinking "NOT".

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
veteran
veteran
As I have said on this forum many time before, I am a Republican because they let me keep more money in my pocket. Their politics are confusing, at best. In this case I will default to law and order; the protesters were allowed to riot, encouraged even, so anything bad that happened to them is the local government's fault and their own. The fact that a child was allowed to be there is equally wrong, but not illegal. Sometimes, life just sucks. Had anybody tried to do the right thing early in this process, this wouldn't have happened. I place the majority of the blame on the Dems, they pandered and pampered and gave lip service to the cause celeb and it flew out of control. Anybody with any judgement could have predicted violence, hell, I am surprised that there wasn't more. So now two children are dead one is maimed and another has had at least a life altering experience, all in the name of politics.

This just sucks all the way around!

Tim

I have to call you on the out of control violence, etc blamed on the BLM movement. That's another piece of fake news for the most part.
Despite the media focus on looting and vandalism, however, there is little evidence to suggest that demonstrators have engaged in widespread violence. In some cases where demonstrations did turn violent, there are reports of agents provocateurs — or infiltrators — instigating the violence. During a demonstration on 27 May in Minneapolis, for example, a man with an umbrella — dubbed the ‘umbrella man’ by the media and later identified as a member of the Hells Angels linked to the Aryan Cowboys, a white supremacist prison and street gang — was seen smashing store windows (Forbes, 30 May 2020; KSTP, 28 July 2020). It was one of the first reports of destructive activity that day, and it “created an atmosphere of hostility and tension” that helped spark an outbreak of looting following initially peaceful protests, according to police investigators, who believe the man “wanted to sow discord and racial unrest” (New York Times, 28 July 2020). In another example on 29 May in Detroit, a number of non-residents reportedly traveled to the city to engage in violent behavior during a demonstration, leading to multiple arrests (MLive, 2 June 2020).
Demstrations & Political Violence in America: New Data for Summer 2020

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by pdx rick
...riot is general lawlessness with violence, looting and, in this case, firebombing police cars and buildings. .
Please link to anywhere that states the above is protesting. Thank you in advance. smile

CHB-OG
OP Offline
CHB-OG
Of corse those on the Right conveniently ignore these realities:

Proud Boys claim they will attend J...black to blend in with antifa protesters

White nationalist group posing as antifa called for violence on Twitter

...and of course this comment from Breitbart yesterday:

And appeasing them is worthless because they openly want supremacy. But conservatives still try. (And though it accomplishes nothing since BLM will only move the goalposts, still it speaks volumes about this young man's character in at least trying to extend an olive branch)

Society can't have black folks thinking their superior because that the job of white folks - at that is the thinking of at least one poster at Breitbart is concerned. Pretty sure that's a common thought at Breitbart, however. coffee

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I don't go to Bitebart for my news or for information on what the Republican Party is up to. Places like that are mostly for fools to hang out with other fools. That you spend so much time among them seems fitting since your vendetta against 150 million Americans seems a might foolish to me.

I don't like conservatives so I don't go where they go. Conservatives don't like me so they don't come around here much. It works out okay for all of us.

Maybe you enjoy being angry all the time, maybe it helps you get through your dreary life having someone to hate, someone to look down on, someone to feel superior to.

That's the basis of racism y'know. The ruling class divides us, gets us at each other's throats, and then is free to exploit us.

Folks like you who are easily triggered make their job easier.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard