WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#30181 09/08/07 12:32 PM
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Did anyone at CHB Reader Rant read "Imperial Hubris" by Anonymous? I did when it first was published. Having been banned from this forum I was unable to discuss/debate the reason we were attacked on 9/11. Anonymous has been given a chance to discuss his book and is now doing the talk shows under his real name of Michael Scheuer. The reason that OBL attacked America was clearly exposed by this brilliant book and tried to tell the world to get American troops out of the Middle East after the first War in Kuwait. Our troops were stationed on Muslim holy land and we were warned over and over to move them! This was also mentioned in Michael Ruppert's book "Crossing the Rubicon" but even at CHB, the readers are selective in their points of view of the how and why of 9/11. We must not expose the truth!!!

Ron Paul pointed out on several debates that Bush brought on 9/11 when he refused to move our troops and continued to pursue the oil that was not his! So here we sit on Saturday, 3 days before the anniversery 9/11 date that would not have been necessary had Bush acted in a moral and ethical way. He wanted that damn oil and sacrificed a million innocent victims.

Scheuer's book was mentioned in the OBL tape and anyone who read the book at the time it came out knows who is responsible for the war on terror. I read that book in 2004 and immediately saw who carried responsibility of the deaths of our people on 9/11 and all the deaths in Iraq. I remember when Scheuer was interviewed right after the book came out. He was in silhouette as he was still working for the CIA. However he presented the White House with a copy before it went to press and they never responded. They probably could not find anyone who could read. He is the famous Anonymous of 2004.

How anyone could continue to praise and back Presidents Bush 41 and 43 must be brain dead. If Clinton had read the book why didn't he expose this mess? Probably because because he too understood the desire for oil. Is America now declared a corrupt nation as bad as any Communist nation on this planet? Do we even deserve to recognize the Constitution that we allowed to be used as toilet paper by our last 3 Presidents?

When will America revolt against these corrupt neocons and Democrats who are too lazy to move for correction? How many more books about Bush/Clinton/Bush need to be read before Americans wake up to what they have allowed to happen?

Several more Republicans are retiring due to the disgust they feel about the Bush 43 Administration. Is Paul the only one with courage? The Democrats can't do anything as they handed Bush the Authority! Thay all should be ashamed of themselves.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I read most of the latest transcript from Osama, and the thing that struck me is how much he sounds like a lot of the gibberish one reads on the extreme Left & Libertarian blogs such as Wonkette, Daily Kos, Truthout, Common Dreams, Lew Rockwell, etc.

According to OBL we should read Chomsky and Scheuer now if we wish to save ourselves from further attacks. Never mind those thinly-veiled threats about what will happen to us if we don’t convert to Islam, or restore Europe to the borders of the former Caliphate. According to those who are trying to find a rational reason for “why they hate us”, no sane person in the world ever wants to attack Americans, Spaniards, Germans, Filipinos, Indians, Thais, Australians, Israelis, British, French, Danish, etc. strictly because of concept’s called “liberty” and “secularism”. It’s all about that evil western hegemony. In the mindset of Bin Laden, the west should have left the peaceful, progressive Islamic empire alone during the 9th century, and if it would have done so - 9/11 would have never happened.

My question is who made Osama Bin Laden spokesperson for the Islamic world?

Last edited by Mal'; 09/08/07 02:40 PM.

I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.
-Ayn Rand
Mal' #30190 09/08/07 02:47 PM
veteran
veteran

the gibberish one reads on the extreme Left & Libertarian blogs
What about the gibberish of the right?

Why not say it correctly ... the gibberish of extremists.

what will happen to us if we don’t convert to Islam, or restore Europe to the borders of the former Caliphate

How would 1000 AQ holed up in Pakistan make any of this happen?

According to those who are trying to find a rational reason for “why they hate us” ... evil western hegemony
Talk about extremists!!!

The reason is simple and people such as yourself keep marginalizing it as a real reason. They hate us for what our government does. And what does our government do that is so heinous? Ask your self this question and answer honestly, what Right does America have in the ME?

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Mal' #30192 09/08/07 02:52 PM
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
We're allowed to express all the doubt and misgivings we want about an enemy's trustworthiness, clarity and purpose. We're allowed an awful lot of latitude with regard to anything and everything as far as our dealings with enemies are concerned. We're not allowed by law, we're allowed by simple common sense.

Intelligence gathering asks only that we deduce the simplest path between several points when determining the validity or accuracy of purported facts.

Point "A": It IS THEIR oil.

Point "B": We DO WANT IT and have shown a remarkable propensity
over the last SIX DECADES to do maximum damage to other people's freedom in order to get it.

This isn't left wing or right wing, Mal, it's BUSINESS.
BIG SWEATY BUSINESS, and it's conducted by BIG "multinational" corporations who couldn't give a rat's ass about political affiliations, just stay the hell out of their way or watch your political career come to a screeching halt.

Questioning Osama's "packaging" is an amusement best carried out in the salons and smoking rooms of the political press.
No common sense is required however...in fact, common sense might just get in the way.

But no matter how much I dislike Osama's packaging or his PR, the fact remains that we have been warned since the 1950's that we risk our national security by continuing to increase our dependence on a mineral that comes from countries run by pirates.
We were warned by the best and the brightest in our military, in the halls of our foreign policy, and even by top energy spokesmen themselves.

All we needed to do to render this entire discussion moot was to carefully devote equal time to securing our energy independence and we shirked this duty for THIRTY YEARS.
Little boys show more common sense with hot stoves.

We're ONE cubic mile from freedom, and Osama's message is clear, but it's irrelevant. Why should it carry any relevance when we so blithely ignore the more important warnings from our own most revered sages and prophets?
Don't worry about their holy lands, nuke em and take the oil!
Oil makes US holy!

JeffH in Occupied TX

Last edited by Checkerboard Strangler; 09/08/07 02:53 PM.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
old hand
old hand
JeffH said:
All we needed to do to render this entire discussion moot was to carefully devote equal time to securing our energy independence and we shirked this duty for THIRTY YEARS.

The generally accepted wisdom is that Jimmy Carter was/is a weenie and that Ronald Reagan was/is one of the Greatest Presidents Ever.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Good post, Jeff. One question:
Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler
This isn't left wing or right wing, Mal, it's BUSINESS.
BIG SWEATY BUSINESS
It seems to me that there is a distinct weighting of business, especially what you describe as "big sweaty business", on the right-hand side of the political balance beam. It seems to me that it is the right wing that most frequently comes to the defense of "business" and the left that most often attacks it.

Can you describe your perception of "big sweaty business" being neither left wing nor right wing?

Steve
Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love,
to respect and be kind to one another,
so that we may grow with peace in mind.

(Native American prayer)

stereoman #30198 09/08/07 03:28 PM
veteran
veteran
Amazing how the degeneration into political camps has the immediate effect of keeping us from discussing whether there in information in the tape and whether it is important; what effect it will have on the citizens and/or the government of this country; how it will be seen in Arabic nations.

All of that becomes unimportant as we sit and throw stones at each other.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
old hand
old hand
this is the political issues forum. it's OK.

"I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct." J. Coleman (Founder of the Weather Channel poo-poos Globwarm)
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rporter314
the gibberish one reads on the extreme Left & Libertarian blogs
What about the gibberish of the right?

Why not say it correctly ... the gibberish of extremists.

rporter314,

I agree. In my opinion, an extreme Libertarian ideology is a convergence of extreme left & right wing viewpoints.

Originally Posted by rporter314
According to those who are trying to find a rational reason for “why they hate us” ... evil western hegemony

Talk about extremists!!!

The reason is simple and people such as yourself keep marginalizing it as a real reason. They hate us for what our government does. And what does our government do that is so heinous? Ask your self this question and answer honestly, what Right does America have in the ME?

I’ve read this question from you before, but I didn’t answer it as I considered the question rhetorical. As an example one could ask what right America had in England, France, Germany, Somalia, or Bosnia? What right would she have in Darfur? Similarly, what right does any Arab nation have getting involved in the politics of nation that has been historically Hebrew? What right does any Persian nation have in getting involved in the domestic policies of an Arab nation?

I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.
-Ayn Rand
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Fermi paradox
this is the political issues forum. it's OK.

It's okay. It's just not resulting in new information about the tape. I know it's not a problem; I was commenting, more than critiquing.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard