WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
SkyHawk Offline OP
Admin Emeritus
old hand
OP Offline
Admin Emeritus
old hand
Good morning everyone. Today is Saturday, October 13, 2007.

It is Autumn.
Turn off your computer, go outside and enjoy the leaves.

[Linked Image from image.weather.com]

autumn
the kitchen scents
of mulled wine

waiting
for a Zen lecture to start
wind in the reeds

after rain
the gutters run gold
autumn leaves

between our words
the chilled silence
of falling leaves

autumn dusk
children's laughter
skims the lake

………Dawn Bruce

[color...leaves.[/size]
[/color]

Autumn Leaves

Behold that tree in autumn's dim decay,
Stripped by the frequent chill and eddying wind;

Where yet some yellow lonely leaves we find
Lingering and trembling on the naked spray,

Twenty, perchance, for millions whirled away!

It is Autumn.

It is Autumn.

Dead leaves spring to life,
flying from their tree branches…
Nymph Leaf Butterflies!

Could our perception of death
be just such an illusion?
……………….James Chase

[Linked Image from victorianweb.org]

...oy the leaves.[/color]

[color... leaves.[/size]
[/color]

Have a safe day, everyone.

Sky

SkyHawk
old hand
old hand
Things I Learn From Fox News:

1. Wearing a $5 American flag lapel pin is the highest form of patriotism.

2. Winning the Nobel Peace Prize is a meaningless political sham.

h/t Hunter @ kos

"I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct." J. Coleman (Founder of the Weather Channel poo-poos Globwarm)
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Attended a wonderful concert performance tongight at the Disney Concert Hall; two of my most favorite compositions:

Finlandia - Sibelius listen
2nd Symphony in D - Sibelius Wikipedia

Our conductor is Esa Pecka Salonen who like sibelius is Finnish which must have informed the evening because the playing was inspired.

Between the two sibelius pieces was Salonen's own "Wing on wing" written for the opening of the Disney Hall and which features performers appearing in various places in the hall. A spectacular piece in its own right, it was a perfect contrapoint to the two more romantic Sibelius. link

And this year my seats put me about 20 feet from the orchestra which made the entire event seem very intimate.

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Sky, awesome opening! Very pretty pictures. I really like the doggie pic.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Question:

How do you tell your boss that jumping thru hoops for a 3% raise which basically amounts to two dollars a day is not only laughable, it's insulting and completely demoralizing.

This week my M - F job had it's annual department meeting. Since us worker bees work in specific geographical areas, we only get together once a year since it costs the department so much to bring us all together: flights, hotel stays, food, etc.

At our annual meeting this week, my boss said to us that we need to start thinking about what we contributed to the company this past year in order to justify an increase in our salary.

Note to boss:

I've already given myself a raise. I have a 2nd job. I make $12K a year over your salary. I can't be bothered with your stupid little nothing raise nor can I be bothered jumping thru hoops to earn an extra $2 per day so that I can "super size" my lunch - calories I don't need anyway.

So there!!

P.S. So thank you for five years of training and work experience in our specialized niche and job training in my specialized duties, because I hear thru the grapevine that our organic competitor, which is actually closer to my home, pays more anyway...

...so don't try to manipulate me to go "above and beyond" for two lousy bucks per day.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Nice leaves.

Here in North Florida it was 93 on Wednesday. But today we seem to have a little cool front as our low this morning was 60. Whoohoo. Our leaves pretty much stay green or just fall on the ground dead. Except for the dogwoods and bradford pears. They are quite pretty for a couple of days before they fall on the ground dead.

But the happy news is that I'm going to New York City on Thursday to visit my son. Hoping to see some nice leaves somewhere.

EmmaG

"I believe very deeply that compassion is the route not only for the evolution of the full human being, but for the very survival of the human race." —The Dalai Lama
R
R
Nice leaves, Sky. Don't get to see them much here in the desert. Couldn't go today anyway, as I have to go to welding class....

A
veteran
veteran
A
I was about to ask who put the TURD in SATURDAYs, but these fine photos flipped my mood. thanks!

"There was never a good war or a bad peace."

Benjamin Franklin
A
veteran
veteran
A
1925 - Margaret Thatcher born in the UK

1962 - "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?," by Edward Albee, opened on Broadway

COINCIDENCE? I think NOT!

“. . . if anyone in this audience believes that God made his body, and your body is dirty, the fault lies with the manufacturer.”
-- Comedian Lenny Bruce

From the Church of Ineffable Stupidity:

a) General Sanchez
Where was he two, three, four years ago? A Nightmare without End? That's a fitting title for the quagmire known as IraqNam.

And despite his welcome description of Condi Rice, Don Rumsfeld and DIck Cheney, what role did he play in torturing Iraqis at Abu Grhaib
- - -

b) IraqNam
Six sunni groups combined forces to remove US troops from Iraq. They also swore to exclude Al Qaida.

After deifying military leaders and the Bush-Cheney war plans for six years, the GOP-controlled MSM is at a loss at how to deal with General Sanchez' commentary. Even the conservative talking heads are confused at how to spin his criticism. If he is right, everything they have been saying for 5 years is dead wrong.

Watch for plan C - Ignore that sumabitch.

c) Condi Rice - on the specific criticisms raining down on her abilities, judgment, & action.

"I have not had a chance to read his comments, but I thank him for his service."

Tomorrow's response has already been written: "I have already asnwered his comments, and as I said earlier, we disagree. I thank him for his service, but now you see why some people must move on."

Next week's response is being revised from: "There are more important issues, here and now, than what a tired, retired, old worn out soldier has to say." to "General who?"

"There was never a good war or a bad peace."

Benjamin Franklin
BC Offline
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Nice leaves.

Here in North Florida it was 93 on Wednesday. But today we seem to have a little cool front as our low this morning was 60. Whoohoo. Our leaves pretty much stay green or just fall on the ground dead. Except for the dogwoods and bradford pears. They are quite pretty for a couple of days before they fall on the ground dead.

But the happy news is that I'm going to New York City on Thursday to visit my son. Hoping to see some nice leaves somewhere.

EmmaG
Upper 80's last week here, 38 this morning, heading to the mid 50's midday. Ahhh...fall...which is what the leaves have mostly done...which is cool because being surrounded by farmland on all four sides, the leaves simply blow away. There are little collections, but what doesn't get blowed gets mowed. smile

No hard work to do today!!! Gardens are cleared, pool is closed. I'll probably mow sometime this weekend, but as long as it doesn't breakdown (like last weekend) that's just a sunny ride in the park, so to speak. Very purty pics, Sky!!! cool Here's some of mine from downtown Grand Ledge:

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com][Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com][Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]

We'll be heading there sometime today and/or tomorrow for the annual Island Color Cruise Festival, maybe take a cruise on the River Boat & enjoy the crafts...and maybe add a walk around town.

Rick, convincing those already convinced is just their way of rationalizing their bad decision & laying it on your doorstep. I try not to play those games with my employees, & I refuse to do so with my bosses. At times I have to deliver crap, but I call it what it is, with no pretty bows. frown

- - - Bob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard