WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
veteran
veteran
Schlack, speaking only for myself - it wasn't the economic union that bothered me, it was the complete meltdown that made way for it.

Becaused I am poorly-versed in finance and economics, all I care about is that whatever form of currency I hold, has roughly the same amount of value that it's stated to have, and that the people I need to trade economic units with, will accept it.

Beyond that I don't care whether it's Euro, peso, yen, or dollar.

Julia
A 45’s quicker than 409
Betty’s cleaning’ house for the very last time
Betty’s bein’ bad
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I see another little problem with Turner's paranoid ravings: If the US Dollar was "demonetised", then dollar denominated cash might be worthless. But what about investments in real estate? What about ownership of a business or shares of stock in a corporation? What about your car, boat, work implements, etc.?

You would still own ALL of those things, and they would have about the same relative value in any currency adapted, be it "Ameros", Euros, or Krugerands.

The people who would be the very worst off would be the wingnuts with a large stash of US Dollars buried in the back yard. Most people with enough brains to make that much money keep it invested in places other than cash accounts. On the other hand, almost all personal debt in the US is denominated in a fixed number of dollars. If the dollar was worthless, you could pay off your mortgage, student loans, and credit card debt with those worthless dollars! If you didn't have enough on hand to cover all your debts, you could have a garage sale or set your kid up with a lemonade stand to get more dollars. In fact, the existance of so many loans that could be repaid in dollars would actually keep the dollar afloat.

Of course, if the aforementioned wingnut made sure he or she buried only American Nickels, then they would be just fine: Every American nickel now in circulation is worth at least 5.7 cents just for the copper and nickel content. (Some have WW II era nickels contain some silver which makes them worth MUCH MUCH more!) If the US declared dollar-denominated currency was no longer valid, then nothing would stop you from selling the nickels for their metal content.

I really wouldn't worry a bit about the US defaulting on the dollar, when they could just default on Social Security and Medicare and accomplish massive debt relief by just letting old and sick people die.

Hey, wait a minute. Maybe THAT's John McCain's secret plan to save the economy?

Last edited by pondering_it_all; 10/10/08 03:13 AM. Reason: epiphany
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Just buy gold/silver...the actual metals, as in bullion. That is always tradeable and mostly keeps it value. wink

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Mellowicious
Schlack, speaking only for myself - it wasn't the economic union that bothered me, it was the complete meltdown that made way for it.

Becaused I am poorly-versed in finance and economics, all I care about is that whatever form of currency I hold, has roughly the same amount of value that it's stated to have, and that the people I need to trade economic units with, will accept it.

Beyond that I don't care whether it's Euro, peso, yen, or dollar.

well there is ine problem with it Mellow,

its one Ive only recently recognised with the EU. Im very pro the EU project in general but i have concerns.

1. a pan european army, whatever the njustifications for it now, it will be used as an imperial tool.
2. and this is of most import to any future nother american union...

the larger the polity the less democratic it is at the top. the EU suffers fom a huge democcratic deficit. the people are far removed from the decision making, and indeed voting levels are very low for EU elections - 30-40% in places, sometimes less.

you can see it youreself in a polity the size of the US. it is highly undemocratic at the top levels.

I think you can only get "real" democracy at a local level.

oh and as for currency we cou;ld very soon be using stones with holes in them!

Rai Stones

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
(Philip K.Dick)

K
K
Originally Posted by Scoutgal
Just buy gold/silver...the actual metals, as in bullion. That is always tradeable and mostly keeps it value. wink

Right.... apperantly you don't know what happens to the value of gold after the economic though times are over... look over a graph for the price of gold around 1980-1982.

The problem with gold/silver or other comodities is that they give you no return except what is gained when and if the value of gold/silver goes up and when/if you sell it.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. ~Chinese Proverb

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ~Jon Hammond
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
But kap, that is precisely what some of us HAVE done.
We have sold gold and silver when the value went up.
Tuner is a genuine nut job alright, and he has a very large
investment in pinning all of this on Das Juden as do many nutjobs.

But that does not stop him from recognizing demonitization as a valid possibility, and it has already happened in the United States before and elsewhere. It's not his original idea.

Dispute Hal Tuner's credibility as a leader all day long if you like and I will agree with you wholeheartedly.
Call him a bigot, and I, being partly Jewish, will again agree with you wholeheartedly.

But there is validity in the concept of the Treasury declaring a force majeure, there is the distinct possibility of the gummint not having enough in the budget to pay the interest on our debts and there is no reason to assume that shipping copper coins to China is a bad idea.

Why would it be a bad idea? China NEEDS copper.

Not saying all of this will happen as Turner says it will, but something WILL happen and it will likely be somewhat close to this and there is every reason to believe that the Fed fully intends to destroy the dollar.
There's no way in hell it can continue to be a valid currency.

UPDATE:
I'm completely aware of Daniel Carr's bogus Amero currency sale.
That's what Turner is showing on his website.

I understand that this is just another way to pump sales to Carr's bogus coin business.

I'm saying that the theory of something similar happening isn't completely bogus. It is entirely within the realm of possibility and more than a broken clock being right twice a day.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
K
K
Originally Posted by Checkerboard Strangler
But kap, that is precisely what some of us HAVE done.
We have sold gold and silver when the value went up.
Tuner is a genuine nut job alright, and he has a very large
investment in pinning all of this on Das Juden as do many nutjobs.

But that does not stop him from recognizing demonitization as a valid possibility, and it has already happened in the United States before and elsewhere. It's not his original idea.

Dispute Hal Tuner's credibility as a leader all day long if you like and I will agree with you wholeheartedly.
Call him a bigot, and I, being partly Jewish, will again agree with you wholeheartedly.

But there is validity in the concept of the Treasury declaring a force majeure, there is the distinct possibility of the gummint not having enough in the budget to pay the interest on our debts and there is no reason to assume that shipping copper coins to China is a bad idea.

Why would it be a bad idea? China NEEDS copper.

Not saying all of this will happen as Turner says it will, but something WILL happen and it will likely be somewhat close to this and there is every reason to believe that the Fed fully intends to destroy the dollar.
There's no way in hell it can continue to be a valid currency.

I'm not saying that you can't speculate on metals... hell, a lot of people are doing it right now. I'm just not sold on the idea of putting all your money in gold/silver/platinum or any of the rarer metals. Throughout the history, those are known to enjoy very wide swings in short amount of time.

And in the world economy today, where every country or union economy is so closely tied to the US economy, all the currencies will devalue if that is the case.

So 10 dollars will be worth 10000 dollars in the future.. but relative to the euro or whatever currency it will be the same exchange value. Unless you can make a case that only the economy in the US will collapse while a country or countries in the world will survive it.

Global markets don't really reflect that any economy will survive if the US economy collapses.

A gem cannot be polished without friction, nor a man perfected without trials. ~Chinese Proverb

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. ~Jon Hammond
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Kap, if I have six thousand dollars in silver coin already I am way ahead of the game if all currencies collapse because I will be buying what I need to survive while everyone else is burning dollars to heat their homes.

Gold and silver do not lie and the same history that you reference also points to gold and silver being the last good hedge for economic security when all other economic instruments fail.

Think of gold as your savings account and silver as your checking account in tough times.

deepfreezefilms.com
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by humphreysmar
Hal Turner Shows New AMERO Currency

Someone, anyone, please tell me this man is Chicken Little.

This man is not only chicken little, but a hack as well.....I hope we come to understand that this story about the AMERO has been run into the ground by people who obviously didn't do much research on the subject. I have been telling people for the last two years that the AMERO was designed by a man named Dan Carr and produced [minted] by his company Designs Comput for the "spoof fantasy" coin market. He has made a fortune off the AMERO, and other coins he has produced. There has not been a single AMERO "minted" by the Treasury or the U.S. Mint, not one.

The AMERO is no different than the Ron Paul Liberty Dollars that were also minted by a private company.

If we are to ever get understanding, if we are to ever grasp what is really happening then we must never swallow before we chew.

Design Compute, Inc

By the way, Hal Turner who "broke" the story, I believe back in 2006...has also made a tidy profit from his scoop on the AMERO, imagine that. Besides, it wouldn't make much sense for the New World Order to spend the last 100 years or so implementing the Fiat Monetary and Fractional Reserve System to scrap that only to replace it with a Sound Money System they call the AMERO.

"The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them."~Patrick Henry

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It would make much more sense for them to destroy and demonitize the dollar and bring in an electronic "cashless" system which has been "recalibrated" to reflect "current economic conditions"
aka the crushing debt we all now owe to the moneychangers?

Right?

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard