WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/19/24 05:02 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/19/24 03:27 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jeffery J. Haas), 2 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,390 my own book page
5,016,134 We shall overcome
4,192,796 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,476 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,284
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,779
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 59 of 60 1 2 57 58 59 60
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Earlier this morning when I emerged from a store with my purchases, I noticed an alleged drug dealer (although apparently on amicable terms with the police) quickly getting into his car and driving off. He was parked across the lane from me and his distinct vehicle wasn't there when I first arrived, so he had been there for only a short period. I was in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes and I didn’t see him in the store. He also didn’t have any packages in his hand and I didn't see him put any packages in his car.

It's a lovely parking lot, but I've never seen him there before. He saw me, but didn’t wave. I guess he was preoccupied and in a hurry. I checked my car's rocker panels, which didn't appear to have been disturbed, and I did a cursory inspection of the wheel wells and beneath the car. I didn't find anything.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
When I returned home that Saturday last month, I emailed General Counsel (and functioning ethics officer)Peter Antonacci the following email:
Did you show my Request for the Appointment of a Special Prosecutor to Governor Scott?
He replied via email Monday, May 5, 2014:
No and I will not.
I replied via email:
Thanks for the reply.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I filed a complaint, dated May 10, 2014, against attorney Antonacci,with the Florida Bar. I enclosed my Request for the Appointment of a Special Prosecutor as one of the exhibits.

In PART THREE of the complaint, I wrote:

If Governor Scott doesn't know about my Request for the Appointment of a Special Prosecutor, then he should. As the chief law enforcement officer in Florida, Gov. Scott should know about this on-going abuse, which violates not only the Florida and US Constitutions but also plain decency. Both Florida law enforcement and the 14th Judicial District have an inherent conflict of interest in investigating themselves. As a Florida citizen, I have a right to request the appointment of a Special Prosecutor and to expect a reply to my request from the Governor.

Attorney Peter Antonacci has a moral, ethical, and legal duty to reveal this on-going criminal abuse and cover-up to Gov. Scott. By refusing to do so, he's participating in the cover-up

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I received a letter, dated May 20, 2014, from William W. Wilhelm, Bar Counsel, Attorney Consumer Assistance Program, replying to my complaint. Mr. Wilhem wrote:

The decision of Mr. Antonacci relative your request of the governor is an "in house" matter and not regulated by the bar.

After careful consideration, I conclude that the matters referenced in your inquiry do not constitute violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct, and accordingly, your inquiry does not fall within the purview of the grievance system framework. Consequently, I have closed our record in this matter.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I mailed a letter, dated May 28, 2014, to FL Bar Executive Director John F. Harness Jr. A copy appears below:

RE: Duty to report misconduct

Dear Mr. Harkness,

I filed a Bar complaint against attorney Peter Antonacci (copy enclosed). I received Mr. Wilhelm's letter, dated May 20, 2014 (enclosed). Mr. Wilhelm's "findings" are nonsense and don't even rise to the specious level. I reported on-going criminal misconduct and abuse of authority by Florida law enforcement and requested that the Governor Scott appoint a Special Prosecutor. Any legal remedy that I have is available through Governor Scott. It's not a citizen's job to investigate law enforcement abuse and misconduct. Both attorneys have a duty to report this abuse.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
When a country's law enforcement agencies are exempt from the very same laws that they enforce against its citizens, that country has a problem, especially when it purports to follow the rule of law.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Noam Chomsky: A Surveillance Sta... One of the World's Freest Countries
It is of no slight import that the project is being executed in one of the freest countries in the world, and in radical violation of the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights, which protects citizens from "unreasonable searches and seizures," and guarantees the privacy of their "persons, houses, papers and effects."

Much as government lawyers may try, there is no way to reconcile these principles with the assault on the population revealed in the Snowden documents.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I received a letter, dated June 4, 2014, from William W. Wilhelm, Bar Counsel, Attorney Consumer Assistance Program. Mr. Wilhem wrote:

Re: Mr. Peter Antonacci; RFA# 14-19343

Dear Mr. Keegan:

You have requested review of the decision by Bar Counsel to close your Request for Assistance. Review of closed RFA's are subject to the provisions contained in a policy adopted by the board of governors. Pursuant to this policy the Director of the Bar's Attorney Consumer Assistance Program (ACAP)will review this file and decide if closure was appropriate. You will be notified of this decision in writing.

Each of these reviews may take as long as 60 days to complete. We thank you for your understanding and patience.

Sincerely,
William W. Wilhelm, Bar Counsel
Attorney Consumer Assistance Program

cc: Mr. Peter Antonacci

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I received the following letter, dated July 23, 2014, from The Florida Bar:
Re: Mr. Peter Antonacci; RFA#14-19343

Dear Mr. Keegan:

Pursuant to your request for review I have reviewed the file in my capacity as Director of ACAP and concluded that the decision to close the file was appropriate.

You alleged that you mailed a letter requesting that a special prosecutor be appointed to investigate ongoing criminal misconduct and abuse of authority by Florida law enforcement, but Mr. Antonacci did not deliver your request to Governor Scott. The Florida Bar does not investigate criminal matters. Furthermore, the discipline system is not the correct forum in which to dispute Mr. Antonacci's employment responsibilities.

This file shall remain closed and the computer record will be disposed of one year from the date of closure pursuant to the Bar's record retention policy.

Sincerely,

Shanell M. Schuyler, Director of Intake

cc: Mr. Peter Antonacci

Page 59 of 60 1 2 57 58 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard