WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,554 my own book page
5,016,623 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,811 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SkyHawk Offline OP
Admin Emeritus
old hand
OP Offline
Admin Emeritus
old hand
Obama: An inept, amateurish failure
By DOUG THOMPSON

Like an increasing number of Americans, I’m sick and tired of the ineptitude of Barack Hussein Obama.

I’m sick of his lies. I’m sick of his inability to do his job. I’m sick of his abandonment of virtually all of the promises he issued with so much gusto during the 2008 election.

I’m mad at myself for ever — even for a cybersecond — buying into the snake oil illusions of this morally corrupt, intellectually-dishonest bastard.

As a President, Obama is a monumental failure. As a human being, he is devoid of morality, honesty or ability to accept responsibility for his actions.

He’s living proof that affirmative action can — and does — fail to work, even at the highest levels of government.

What — in retrospect — drove this nation to put such an inexperienced moron into the highest office in the land? A first-term Senator? A product of the Chicago Democratic machine? What the hell were we thinking?

True, we didn’t have much choice when it came to the Presidential pool in 2008. When it came to choosing between Obama or McCain, American voters felt like a Christian Scientist with appendicitis.

But Obama could go down as one of the worst Presidents in American history — an amatuer so incapable of handling the job that even George W. Bush — the man Obama blames for all his failtures — comes out looking like a more capable President.

Even Democrats privately call Obama an amateur. In the House and Senate chambers, they whisper and laugh at his many mistakes and realize that they — like too many others in Americans — were had by a con man.

Nineteen months into his administration of mishap, missteps and mistakes, Obama continues to spout the same verbal mantra: It’s not my fault. George W. Bush did it all. I just inherited the mess.

George W. Bush did not orchestrate a budget-busting, lobbyist-crafted phony health care reform bill that will do nothing to provide affordable medical care to Americans who need it most.

George W. Bush did not expand the Afghan war into another Vietnam-style morass.

Bush made a ton of mistakes and his administration put this nation into one hell of a mess but Obama has done nothing to turn the country around. His inability to build the coalitions he promised as a candidate has deepened the gridlock in government and deepened the economic mess.

Polls show Americans no longer buy into Obama’s “it’s all Bush’s fault” whines. They want action, not excuses. They want a leader, not an equivocator.

At this critical time, America needs a leader.

Barack Hussein Obama ain’t one.

He’s just another political hack elected to a job he can’t handle and was never qualified to do in the first place.

And we’re the idiots who continue to put these failures into office.

Doug Thompson.

C
old hand
old hand
C
rolleyes

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Isn't every President "an inept, amateurish failure" once they are hired? As Mellow pointed out on another thread, any President is more qualified after eight years in office, then when first getting in...

Hmm

I saw the entire 38:36 episode of The View from last Thursday, and the Barack Obama that was being "interviewed" by the ladies, is exactly the Barack Obama that I voted for.

...for whatever reason, he can't translate the candidate Barack to the President Barack.

But, he's intelligent enough to know to work on those skills.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If President McCain could have done any better at "building coalitions" it would have been because there are Democrats in Congress who are willing to vote for the other side's bills (and even co-author them) if they would be good for the country.

President Obama's "failure" to build those coalitions has nothing to do with his abilities, or lack thereof: It is the stated strategy of the GOP leadership in Congress. The President could propose a bill on motherhood and apple pie, and the GOP would filibuster, just to deny him victory.

If you demand a Democratic President who can get any bill he proposes through Congress, then you'll have to send a bus full of obstructionist congress-critters over a cliff.

veteran
veteran
Gee Doug I have a question ... it appears to me to be fairly simple matter and not requiring too much subjectivity but what metrics have you used to define your characterization of a President's measure of success? I hope it is not your gut feelings as I have some medication for that.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

veteran
veteran
'
Originally Posted by SkyHawk
Well, then, he well fulfils that great ideal of his country, a President who truly represents the American people.

Last edited by numan; 08/03/10 09:54 PM.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by SkyHawk
Obama: An inept, amateurish failure
By DOUG THOMPSON

George W. Bush did not orchestrate a budget-busting, lobbyist-crafted phony health care reform bill that will do nothing to provide affordable medical care to Americans who need it most.
Doug Thompson.

Link? Here is mine....

WASHINGTON, April 7, 2010 -- “Rather than asking whether the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) does everything to improve access and lower costs, we should ask how it compares with the status quo,” the American College of Physicians’ (ACP) senior public policy adviser said in a paper published online today in Annals of Internal Medicine, the flagship journal of ACP. “By this measure, the PPACA is an extraordinary achievement.”
American College of Physicians

There are many problems that we face in our health care system. One of the key problems is the idea the idea that insurance should be optional. You can imagine what would happen to the cost of home insurance if it was totally optional... and people only bought insurance when they needed to make a claim. A key requirement for affordable insurance is the need to have everyone covered... which is aproblem thie bill mostly addresses.... and is why in the future we will not need to worry about being refused for coverage because of pre-existing conditions

By the way, Doug.... what George Bush did orchestrate was adrug coverage plan the forbid the government from negotiating lower prices with drug companies.... I guess that is what you mean when you say "George W. Bush did not orchestrate a budget-busting, lobbyist-crafted phony health care reform bill".... Yeah right, Lobbyists had nothing to do with the fact that price negotiation is prohibited....

Last edited by Ardy; 08/04/10 02:42 AM.

"It's not a lie if you believe it." -- George Costanza
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves. --Bertrand Russel
old hand
old hand
rolleyes

fair and balanced
?
How about naming one "leader" that would/could satisfy the requirements as you see them.
That seems to be a reasonable and serious question.

Life is Good!
I
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
If President McCain could have done any better at "building coalitions" it would have been because there are Democrats in Congress who are willing to vote for the other side's bills (and even co-author them) if they would be good for the country.

President Obama's "failure" to build those coalitions has nothing to do with his abilities, or lack thereof: It is the stated strategy of the GOP leadership in Congress. The President could propose a bill on motherhood and apple pie, and the GOP would filibuster, just to deny him victory.

If you demand a Democratic President who can get any bill he proposes through Congress, then you'll have to send a bus full of obstructionist congress-critters over a cliff.

There is something unseemly about Democrats constantly whining about Republicans notlettting Democrats do anything when Democrats control the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the White House.:-)
Yours,
Issodhos

"When all has been said that can be said, and all has been done that can be done, there will be poetry";-) -- Issodhos
enthusiast
enthusiast
Fortunately, the Right-thinking people have 41 votes in the Senate.

How eager they are to be slaves - Tiberius Caesar

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard