WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 60 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 59 60
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
House of Lords report on Surveillance: Citizens and the State
The rise in surveillance and data collection by the state and private sector risks undermining the fundamental relationship between the state and citizens, which is the cornerstone of democracy and good governance. This assessment comes from the House of Lords Constitution Committee in their report Surveillance: Citizens and the State, which is published today.
If you're interested in privacy and freedom, then I'd suggest that you read the House of Lord's report, which is relevant to our own government's policies and practices. Ask yourself: Why does any government need all this data and do they really care about you that much?

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
There's a new Sheriff in town. The Holmes County Times Advertiser reported on the front page in its February 11, 2009 edition that "Dope distribution takes a hit in Holmes County." The HC Sheriff's Department and Florida Highway Patrol hauled away 200 pounds of marijuana from a two-story log home and are seeking its owner.The owner built compartments in his home in which to hold the 25-pound pot bales. The Holmes County Times Advertiser reported that Chief Deputy John Braxton, Jr., said, "He was a major distributor." Braxton also commented, "He's been doing this for about 10 years" and "He flew under the radar."

The raid resulted from an investigation that began after a traffic stop in mid January just after Tim Brown was sworn in as the new Sheriff, replacing former Sheriff Dennis Lee. The former Sheriff will take a position with the Bay County Sheriff's Office. Sheriff Brown said that state and federal authorities have been notified.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
In a new thread entitled, Interacting with the Government, itstarted posted a link to the White House's Office of Public Liaison. So, under the subject of "other" I sent the following plea for help to President Obama via the form at the website:
I'm requesting President Obama's help in resolving a problem that has gone on for much too long, and all levels of government have been unresponsive and unwilling to help. The problem is abuse of authority and cover-up regarding warrant less electronic surveillance. Three electronic surveillance experts have all verified the presence of surveillance devices, yet no responsible public authority, including FBI Director Mueller, will do anything. For a further explanation, please see the the topic "Who's Watching Big Brother?" at the Reader Rant section of Capitol Hill Blue's website. I need the President's help. Thank you.
Joe Keegan

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Around 11:50 am this morning, March 7, 2009, two white males average height in their late 30's to 40's and somewhat in shape for law enforcement(my guess)ran and got into a black pickup truck and drove off quickly. It wasn't normal. They didn't want to be seen or more likely photographed (TIP: If you didn't run, you wouldn't have been noticed. Also, another TIP: when you follow someone into a store, try to have a prop- like a shopping cart or basket, preferably with something in it). I'd guess that they were FDLE or from some agency at FDLE's request. Recently, a neighbor told me that "they want your meat." Hmm, I wonder if it had anything to do with that "UPS" package that I didn't touch and then disappeared after a few days as mysteriously as it was delivered to the wrong address and addressee? At any rate, the stalking and bizarre incidents (even by my standards)have intensified since that Judge refused to talk to me and now appear to be approaching a crescendo. I hope that they don't have another SWAT raid on the agenda. One stooge on a website "jokingly" wrote regarding such raids that next time they'll shoot first and ask questions later.

About a week or so ago, Coast to Coast AM had a program on ELECTRONIC INVASION. I thought that I could contribute to it, because it wouldn't be sanitized like these posts. At the risk of seeming presumptuous, I'd probably be entertaining. Unfortunately, the program is so popular I couldn't get in on any line- toll free or wild care- despite repeatedly trying. The stalking and bizarre incidents have gone off the scale since that show. I doubt that my request for help got to President Obama.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
In the past, local, county, and state Florida law enforcement appeared to treat this matter as “sport” and appeared to regard themselves as “cute” or even “clever.” There’s a different mood reflected now for some reason. It’s as though they feel that it has gone on long enough and are planning to end it. In my opinion, the above criminal misconduct and abuse of authority by Florida law enforcement officers and is a form of psychological torture intentionally employed- and "officially" sanctioned- to compel obeisance and to cover-up their official misconduct and abuse of power. There’s nothing noble or honorable here on the part of Florida “law enforcement” and their co-conspirators, but rather only arrogance and abuse of power that unaccountability makes possible, aided and abetted by cowardly public officials. The rule of law is dead in Florida.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
State Attorney Steve Meadows didn't win re-election. If I remember correctly, the only county that he won was Holmes County. Meadows was a former cop, but even the police didn't support him this time around. The general feeling was (and there was even a website to that sentiment): "Anyone but Steve Meadows." The new State Attorney is Glenn Hess, who was a judge. So being the eternal optimist and believing that the rule of law still exists and that Florida hasn't gone completely Banana Republic, I sent my charges and evidence to Florida's new 14th Judicial District State Attorney Glenn Hess and asked to meet with him to resolve this matter. The USPS confirmed delivery of my EXPRESS MAIL envelope, Receipt Number: EH55 8363 395US, at 10:25 AM yesterday. The first two paragraphs of my complaint follow:
March 6, 2009

The Honorable Glenn Hess
Office of the State Attorney
Fourteenth Judicial Circuit of Florida
421 Magnolia Avenue
Panama City, FL 32401-0085

Our nation is a government of laws and not men. -Charlie Crist

Dear State Attorney Hess,

I appeared as summoned at the Holmes County courthouse (FL 14th Judicial Circuit) Friday morning, Dec. 12, 2008, for jury duty. I was prospective juror #37. After Clerk of the Court Cody Taylor explained the procedures, he asked if anyone wanted to talk to the judge about being excused from duty. I raised my hand. I intended to present evidence of my charges of official police misconduct by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and Holmes County Sheriff’s Department, illegal electronic surveillance by these two Florida law enforcement agencies and the West Florida Electric Cooperative (WFEC) Association, and conspiracy to violate my civil and constitutional rights by the aforementioned to the judge. I pointed to the cameras and asked, “What are those?” Clerk of the Court Cody Taylor told me that they are cameras, called me to the side, and told me that the judge doesn't want to talk to me and said that I'm excused. I didn’t get to present my charges and evidence to the judge as I had intended. This is the same Holmes County Courthouse in which another judge declared a mistrial in my neighbors’ drug case. The judge dismissed that case because the State Attorney and FDLE withheld evidence and testimony. I have suspicions that the evidence the FDLE and State Attorney’s Office withheld would prove my charges of illegal electronic surveillance.

I am also charging former State Attorney Steve Meadows and his Chief Assistant State Attorney, William A. Lewis, with obstruction of justice by covering up Florida law enforcement officers’ criminal misconduct and abuse of authority related to my above charges. Since I wasn’t allowed to present evidence of my charges to the Judge that day, I’m respectfully presenting my evidence to you and requesting an investigation of my charges. The enclosed VHS videotape, which I discuss below, and documents are more than enough evidence to warrant an investigation of my charges. There are either surveillance devices as I have charged- and three experts verified their presence- or there are not. A simple official investigation of my charges will resolve this complaint one way or another.
Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
My March 6, 2009 letter to State Attorney Glenn Hess
Excellent opinion piece by two former FL Supreme Court Justices in the Tallahassee Democrat hard copy edition yesterday, March 13, 2009, pg. 3B, entitled: Clerks of court are not part of the checks and balances. If that isn't the truth! The legislature is considering a proposal to transfer the administrative responsibility for court records to the courts and away from the locally elected county clerks. The two former judges favor such a transfer arguing that Clerk of the Court doesn't serve as any form of check and balance, but rather only an administrative function. The argument against such a transfer is that the Clerks of the Court serve as a check and balance, which is nonsense.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Clerks of court are not part of the checks and balancesis available on-line.The problem is that there are no checks and balances. Most Americans don't care about any issue, such as checks and balances, unless it effects them personally. The financial meltdown is an example of the lack of any effect checks and balances and one that will effect everyone.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I phoned the State Attorney Office this morning. I called the general number, didn't block my phone number from caller ID, identified myself, and asked to speak to State Attorney Hess. A male answered the phone and transferred my call. I didn't get a person, but rather "Pam's" answering machine. I can only guess that Pam is State Attorney Hess' secretary. I left a recorded message for Pam to ask State Attorney Hess if he had the chance to review my letter and VHS tape that I sent to him, left my name, address, phone number, today's date, asked for an appointment, and requested that he get back to me so that we can resolve this matter.
Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I phoned the SAO office again last Friday, March 20th, and was transferred to "Pam" again, and left another message on her answering machine to please return my call. The US invaded Iraq based on less evidence than I gave FL State Attorney Glenn Hess, yet I can't even get the SAO to return my call. I wonder what FL State Attorney Glenn Hess is waiting for? My State Attorney doesn't appear to want to talk to me anymore than the 14th Judicial Circuit Judge that I discussed earlier. Why?

Joe

Page 20 of 60 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard