WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 60 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 59 60
P
stranger
stranger
P
Yeah Joe, you know you are hitting a nerve when you start getting death threats, they slam you with perverted comments and post your name and other personal info.

Panama City News Topix is a hacked site with strawmen sockpuppets being paid to detract from the truth.

I think people are afraid to stand up and I do understand why.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Originally Posted by Panamaed
Yeah Joe, you know you are hitting a nerve when you start getting death threats, they slam you with perverted comments and post your name and other personal info.
Moderators are necessary, otherwise most forums quickly devolve into name calling contests.

Panama City News Topix is a hacked site with strawmen sockpuppets being paid to detract from the truth.
The problem is that agenda driven trolls, who are on one payroll or another or else want to get on one, have taken over. The trolls say what they’re told to say or else what they expect that they’re supposed to say. Moreover, they’re rarely original or even entertaining, but rather follow the same old script.

I think people are afraid to stand up and I do understand why.
People have a reason to be afraid. The only people who believe in “the system” are the ones that haven’t experienced “the system.”

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Government Surveillance of Citizens "They" don't have to physically place a GPS surveillance device on your vehicle to track you.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I sent a link to this thread to the Ann Rand Center for Individual Rights. I wonder if they, or Glenn Beck, would be interested?

P
stranger
stranger
P
What's up Joe?

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Panamaed,
Computer was getting attacked most of the week for some reason. I kept getting security messages that this or that was blocked. When I checked the security history, I discovered that I had a lot more attacks than messages indicating one Trojan or another was blocked. Consequently, I was somewhat reluctant to go online this week, because no internet security program is 100%. Yesterday I couldn't even get online. This morning I could, but the keyboard didn't work, which concerned me. Last time it didn't work I had to replace it after a loud hi-pitched sound came over the speakers. This time I didn't have the speakers on so I didn't know what to expect. When the keyboard didn't work, I figured that I'd worry about it later and left to run some errands. I noticed a sign advertising hi-speed internet access at the south end of the road, so I figured they probably were doing some work, which accounted for my inability to go online yesterday. At any rate, when I returned a short while ago, I disconnected the keyboard and reconnected it and it was functional again. I've also been running a lot of virus scans.
Joe

P
stranger
stranger
P
I wish someone would scan our Government for viruses. I think they have been corrupted.....BIGTIME!!

Maybe a cold boot might help them out, too!

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Have to boot them all out, but I don't believe that will happen.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Three times the charm? Someone vandalized the jumbo sized rural mail box for the third time (I think that it's the same person because he came prepared this time). The first time someone tried to pull it up and twist it off, but couldn't. It was funny thinking about our hero struggling and being frustrated by a mailbox. The second time he tried to twist and rip it off. Again he couldn't. He just succeeded in twisting the box. I straightened it out the best that I could, but the door wouldn’t close right. However, the mailbox was still functional and looked okay, so I didn’t replace it with a new one. This time someone- I believe the same perp because he came prepared- used either a large crowbar or pipe and gave it one good whack, which knocked it off the post. Funny thing is that I really didn't have it all that securely attached to the post in the first place- just a few nails attached to one cross member. Apparently being humiliated by a mailbox challenged his "manhood," and thus the rematch. At any rate, he knocked it off the post. He mangled it and the door too much to straighten out this time.

Returning from Dothan yesterday with a new mailbox, I noticed that someone had opened the lock on my gate and left it still dangling and open on the chain. Apparently they didn’t need a lock. Before I had left, I shut and locked the gate. I was gone only three hours. Maybe they're giving me a message? Once early in the a.m. when the West Florida Electric Co-Op wanted access to the property they just cut the chain with a bolt cutter and drove the ¼ mile back to reattach a line that a lightning bolt had knocked off the transformer. They thought that I was asleep. When I caught up with them reattaching the line to the service pole up front where they cut power, they asked me: Why didn’t you call to report an outage?” I told them that I intended to call in the morning when it was daylight.

There’s no point even mentioning that hearsay has it that the would be thief who tried to steal the Subaru parked in front of the house about 2 a.m. last April is law enforcement connected.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
[Linked Image from homedepot.com]

The Tuff Body Mailbox is virtually indestructible and vandal resistant! Constructed of 20 lbs. of heavy gauge steel, its powder coat black finish ensures long life and durability. The stainless steel piano hinged door and heavy steel flag are secured with steel fasteners.

* 20 lbs. of heavy gauge steel
* Stainless steel piano hinged door
* Powder coat black finish ensures long life and durability
* Virtually indestructible and vandal resistant
* MFG Brand Name : Gibraltar Industries

Weld this puppy to a length of pipe and set it securely in concrete. Then chain the Subaru to it.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Page 26 of 60 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard