WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 60 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 59 60
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
I think we need a state-by-state constitution amendment drive to affirm it a protected civil right to record anything you can see or hear in a public space or on your own property where there is no expectation of privacy.
You're right. Hear about the Maryland motorcyclist that the cops arrested because he recorded the stop with the camera mounted on his helmet? Numerous incidents of cops and agents arresting people for filming and photographing them in public.
When you apply some of these "video taping prosecution" theories to other situations, you run into some serious logical inconsistancies.
Right again! As you know, they change the rules whenever they want.

For example, if you have a security camera continuously recording on your property and it captures a police officer making an arrest, does that make you a criminal? According to some prosecutor's legal theories, it does! Does erasing the recording "cure" that? (Even though that would technically constitute destruction of evidence!) Since you did not willfully make that recording, would it be legal to keep it? Or would mere possession of such a recording be illegal?
They do what they want to do. For example, I had a SAO refuse to reply to a FL Public Records Request. Reluctantly they finally did supply a copy of a VHS tape that I sent as evidence- I suspect on the advice of the then AG, but tampered with the copy that they sent me. They didn't send any records of any investigation of my charges. The FBI refused to even acknowledge some FOIAs that I filed and returned one of my letters, including the copy of the same VHS tape that I sent to the SAO, charging the cops and others with illegal surveillance and harassment. However, the FBI didn't return the same tape that I sent to them as evidence. They sent me a copy of my copy, but otherwise didn't appear to tamper with the actual copy of my copy that they returned to me. However, the SAO did tamper with the copy that they sent to me. Now is the SAO guilty of tampering with evidence? I don't know, but I'll bet that they still have the original copy that I sent to them. In the unlikely event that someone in authority questioned them regarding the evidence that I sent to them, would they maybe might perhaps accidentally show them an altered copy of the copy that I sent to them as evidence?
All preposterous ideas, because they are based on the preposterous idea that it is illegal to make such a recording to begin with.
They do what they want and change and/or ignore the rules as they please. Star Chambers are well and alive in this country. We're a Banana Republic minus the spiffy uniforms, shinny black boots, swagger sticks, and accents.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Last Monday I mailed a FL Public Records Request to the Holmes County Sheriff's Office seeking a record of their arrests reports for a specified period of time. It should have been simple for the HCSO to supply the requested reports. When the HCSO still hadn't acknowledged my request, I emailed a duplicate Public Records Request last Friday in the event that the original was lost in the mail. This past Monday morning, an older black & white police helicopter (County)flew over the property at just the legal altitude possibly looking for an escaped prisoner or criminal. Yesterday afternoon a Captain from the HCSO left a message on the answering machine to contact him regarding what I want. He said that they had just received my July 11, 2011 letter in the mail. I emailed the HSCO this morning replying to the Captain's request for information.

When I signed-on to gmail this morning, a message appeared to add phone number to my Google account for security reasons. There was an opt-out option. I added the phone number for security to my gmail and Blogger account.

Years ago when I first began posting to Blogger, I noticed some irregularities. Someone appeared to have put a re-direct on my blog directing any viewers to a bluish blank page. The ACLU forum was still up at the time, so I inquired if anyone was having trouble accessing my blog. A number of posters replied that they did, and some who were IT professionals explained the re-direct to me. Just as mysteriously as the re-direct appeared, it disappeared after a few posters indicated they couldn't access my blog and once again anyone interested in surveillance abuse could access my blog. I also received an email from the ACLU warning me about spamming, because I had posted my question concerning access to my blog to 4 or so different threads. So I emailed the ACLU Forum moderator and asked if posting in effect the same question to 4 threads is "spamming." He replied no. I guess the letter from someone saying that I was spamming was just a joke. I hope that I don't encounter any other jokes, including another SWAT raid. A retired FDLE Agent told me that all of those FDLE Agents that participated in that raid subsequently were promoted.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Just as I was about to leave this morning, the phone rang. It was approximately 8:20 am (Central). A female identifying herself from the HCSO (may be the one that acknowledges the emails to the HCSO?)asked me if I was Mr. Keegan. I just sent the email discussed above a short time ago. I said yes and immediately the HCSO Captain that left a message yesterday picked up. I identified myself and offered to send him a copy of my driver's license. He said that wasn't necessary. I asked him if the phone call was being recorded, and he said that it wasn't. I repeated what I requested in my email this morning and suggested that he check it. He repeated that they had just received last Monday's mailed public records request. I thanked him and he thanked me. It was a polite and respectfully conversation.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Around 5:30 a.m.Central this morning (Sunday Oct. 23, 2011), the alarm device sounded an intruder to the south of the house. It was still dark and the temperature was in the mid-thirties. I didn't investigate, because I figured that it was some animal visiting the compost pile. The alarm sounded again 10 minutes later. I figured breakfast was over. At 6:45 a.m. I was outside attending to some chores when I (and others) heard a male's voice with a distinctively southern accent say, "Set-up's okay." The voice came from about 50 yards to the north of the house in the woods. I immediately investigated, but couldn't find anyone. After a few minutes, I gave a holler. No reaction. I looked around for awhile longer, but couldn't find anyone. Bizarre.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Doing my civic duty, I reported to Holmes County Court House on Monday, October 24, 2011, promptly at 8:30 a.m. as summoned for jury duty in Florida's 14th Judicial Circuit. I was Juror Number 184. Last time when I reported for jury duty, I requested to speak to the judge privately to be excused from jury duty. The clerk of the court, Cody Taylor, after talking to the judge laughed, and said that the judge doesn't want to talk to you, and excused me from jury duty, so I didn't serve on the jury last time. Taylor has been the Clerk of the Court since 1977.

This past Monday morning, the Clerk of the Court asked the prospective jurors numerous times if anyone wanted to speak to the judge privately about not serving on jury duty. Since the judge didn't want to talk to me the last time that I was summoned for jury duty and requested to talk to him, I figured that he wouldn't want to talk to me this time, either. So I didn't talk to him. At any rate, shortly afterwards, the court said that they resolved the legal matter earlier that morning, that there won't be any trials this coming week, and excused everyone that hadn't already been excused from jury duty. So why ask prospective jurors if they want to be dismissed in the first place, since you're excusing everyone anyway?

To my surprise, I received a check (check date 10/24/11; check number 8826)from the court in the mail today, Tuesday, October 25, 2011, for $15 for jury duty services. To the best of my knowledge, I'm not entitled to it, because I'm unemployed. I told the clerk when I signed in and presented my summons for jury duty on Monday, Oct. 24, 2011, that I was unemployed, and she wrote that on the summons. After I read on the original mailed summons that she wrote I was unemployed, I signed it. Again, to the best of my knowledge, I'm not entitled to the $15.

I called Holmes County Clerk of the Court's office today, Tuesday, October 25, 2011,and asked to speak to accounting. I spoke to a young female who identified herself and her position, and I explained the situation, and told her that I was returning the check. She said wait, kept me on hold, and said that she spoke to the Deputy Clerk, who said that I was entitled to it. I don't know whether or not I'm "entitled" to it, but I'm not cashing the check, and will return it tomorrow. I don't want to get into any trouble.

At the risk of seeming like a "Nervous Nellie," I don't want to get arrested or be subject to another late night SWAT raid for $15. Some anonymous poster on a local board once jokingly said that they won't ask questions first before shooting on the next SWAT raid. Obviously, this anonymous poster was just joking, but he seemed to know about the first raid.

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Not to detract from your personal experience, but this kind of fits in the thread title.

US Officials Tried to Pull Videos From YouTube

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Thanks Phil. I was just trying to decide whether to post an article or video on this subject. I've condensed and "sanitized" my personal experiences. I can make this thread more interesting, but due to "health" reasons I don't. Mostly I've just posted various actions that I have taken to address my situation and the complete disregard or concern for the rule of law by public authorities and officials. If "they" can do this to me, then "they" can do it to anyone, including our elected representatives. I've networked with others whose own personal experience make mine look like a walk in the park.

At the risk of seeming presumptuous, I began this thread as a sort of "educational tool" regarding our government. It's not like it's portrayed in the movies, TV, or comic books. The only people who believe in the system or have any blind faith in it haven't experienced it. The rule of law went out the window some time ago. I'm just one example of the frustration that the average citizen faces when dealing with government. OWS is another. The Tea Party, too, is another example. One thing that OWS and the Tea Party have in common is the frustration with a government that neither cares about nor represents the average American. I just hope that OWS isn't co-opted by special interests like the Tea Party.

Years ago I posted my opinion on the ACLU forum that the Patriot Act was enacted by The Powers That Be (TPTB)to deal with just the economic situation that the US finds itself in today. The Patriot Act only "legalized" what the government had been doing for some time. The ACLU forum went down. What surprised me, however, is that these policies and practices have extended down to the state and local level in a vertical integration of "law enforcement," accompanied by a militarization of the police- not a good sign. Once upon a time long ago and far away there was a country called America with strong demarcations drawn between military, federal, and state authority. Those lines are being erased, which doesn't portend a bright future for freedom or even our economy. OWS is a reawakening of the American spirit. I'm just a little ahead of the curve as to what awaits the average American citizen.

Incidentally, I just went outside a short time ago. Someone left a snake with its head cut-off at the door. I hope that's not another message? Call the authorities? Whom do you think left it? Or, more likely. someone that they have something on and are using? I guess my previous post upset some people. Think about it: I just want to get some sophisticated electronic surveillance devices removed. 3 electronic surveillance experts all verified their presence, but refused to supply written signed reports of their findings either one way or the other.

The average American doesn't care about anything unless it affects them personally. When they get it up their keister, it becomes personal and the learning curve increases exponentially. Years ago one poster on the ACLU forum asked (when it's the police committing the illegal acts and harassment): "Who do you call?" I jokingly replied, "The Ghostbusters?" and then apologized when it dawned on me that I was being insensitive and inconsiderate to her frustration with the "system." But, she did ask the right question: "Who do you call?"

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
Not to detract from your personal experience, but this kind of fits in the thread title.

US Officials Tried to Pull Videos From YouTube
If "they" can do this to me, then "they" can do it to anyone, including our elected representatives. One personal experience that I had many many moons ago involved harassment by "black helicopters." Actually, they weren't "black," but rather a very dark grey color. In fact, they were Navy Hueys (it's a long story best reserved for another thread someday). At the time "They" used black helicopters to harass Americans who were regarded as a "threat" or too critical of the regime. The intention was to scare the "targets" into blabbering about being followed by "black helicopters." Obiously- according to MSM- anyone who alleged that black helicopters were following them were "kooks," thereby discrediting their charges. As I said, Navy Hueys were harassing me. I didn't say anything about the intimidation. However, I did photograph and videotape them. Networking I became involved some people who were in some real deep sh*t, who had been similarly harassed. I supplied them with photos and an affidavit that they used in various court hearings. Various child protective services were trying to take some of their kids away from them based largely on their charges that black helicopters were following them(again, they were involved in some serious scandals as whistle-blowers and others in danger to doing some hard time for trumped up charges). These public servants and their minions play very hard, especially when they don't have to worry about any accountability. The harassed whistle blowers and their lawyers presented my photos and affidavits at their respective hearings, and, as a result, managed to keep their children and stay out of jail (I never was deposed, but only supplied photos and an affidavit).

What's my point? I took my personal experience of being harassed and helped some others similarly harassed. I hope that this thread helps some others. Before too much longer, I suspect that we'll all need a lot of help.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
A friend, who is an activist, emailed me this past Friday. The threats, intimidation, and harassment directed at him have increased. He asked me about my own situation. I shared my fairly recent experience with jury duty. I had appeared as summoned. The last time that I was summoned, I requested to speak to the judge in private. After the clerk of the court spoke to the judge regarding such requests, he came over to me half laughing and said that the judge didn't want to talk to me and dismissed me from jury duty. This recent incident was different, however. I appeared as summoned, and noticed that the court was dismissing just about everyone. The same clerk of the court announced that if anyone wanted to talk to the judge to raise their hand. I didn't, because I figured since the judge didn't want to talk to me last time, then he won't want to talk to me this time, either. The clerk of the court came over to where I was sitting a number of times and appeared to be trying to get me to talk to the judge. I wanted to, but I didn't trust this clerk and the 14th Judicial District in general, so I didn't raise my hand. I figured that if I talk, I'll do it on the stand. The judge finally comes out and sits on the bench. He announced that they had settled all the issues earlier and that there won't be any trials this week, and dismissed everyone that the court hadn't already dismissed from jury duty. So, my question was: Why did they summon people for jury duty in the first place and then have everyone request to be dismissed? Why summon people for jury duty or at least just send them home when they arrived for the process?

I suspect some defendant or party knowledgeable about my circumstances, which is an "open secret" in the 14th Judicial District, opened up either in court or to the judge about my illegal surveillance and harassment in order to mitigate their own charges. From the bench, the judge went on about how he has a "fair court and everyone gets a fair trial in his fair court." I suspect that other defendants privy to my illegal surveillance and harassment have successfully used this knowledge to get out of charges in the past, but that appears to be changing.

What's interesting is that the Holmes County Sheriff's department vehicles resumed following me all Saturday morning. They hadn't done this for a while. One person even followed me into and a store. (Hint: in the future, push a shopping cart, put a few items in for props, and don't be too obvious.)I emailed my friend, who lives in another state, that someone, besides himself, is reading his email, and shared it with local "law enforcement" here in Holmes County, FL.

I was up and about early this Sunday morning and didn't notice anything unusual, until later on about 10:00 a.m. when I noticed that the door to the greenhouse was open. The door shuts tight and holds up to even strong winds. The green house is located on the north side of the house about 20 feet from the utility pole that has the illegal serial numbered "law enforcement" surveillance device. Some one had left the door open within the last hour or so and it wasn't me or any family member. It wasn't open earlier this morning. I wonder if someone took a peek inside when I mentioned aloud to a family member that I was going to turn on the heater in the greenhouse tonight because the temp will drop below freezing, and he wanted to see what kind of heater?

Page 31 of 60 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard