WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 103 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 102 103
Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Do the neep and tatties donors complain? Ouch!
THat's Yellow Turnips(Rutabagas) and potatoes mashed together... rolleyes

Scout, I just grabbed a pudding recipe from google. The one by David Lebovitz looked the best but I wasn't sure about putting whiskey in it so I went with Joy of Baking
Paula Dean's Molten Lava Cake recipe is to die for and easy to make.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Greger

Scout, I just grabbed a pudding recipe from google. The one by David Lebovitz looked the best but I wasn't sure about putting whiskey in it so I went with Joy of Baking

Anything Paula makes is awesome. Her health is her business and she's always said to adjust her recipes for your own health needs.

"The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty certain they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues." - Liz Taylor
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Thanks, Greger! ThumbsUp

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

J
veteran
veteran
J
[b]Annette Larkins looks much younger than her years[/b] Watch the video! Wow! I'm almost tempted to pull my stuffed peppers from the oven. Almost.

Last edited by Joe Keegan; 02/29/12 07:51 PM.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by Siannan

Anything Paula makes is awesome. Her health is her business and she's always said to adjust her recipes for your own health needs.

I agree. Southern people been making something similar for years. Did anybody in the known world ever, ever think that Southern food was not fattening? I wish they'd leave Paula alone. You know they aren't saying a damn thing about Mr. Robbins of Baskin and Robbins having diabetes. Who gives a damn? If in this day and age people don't know that Twinkies might not be something you want to eat every day then I don't think the rest of us should help them.

That does it. I'm jonesing for grits and cathead biscuits for breakfast in the morning.

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.
Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
If you want them grits really Southern Style you'd serve 'em over or under a couple of eggs fried over easy in bacon grease. As I recall though, Mick, you're a vegan so you just eat 'em "poor folks style" without no eggs nor bacon.

I've just about got a vegan ice cream recipe worked out for my daughter. She can't have eggs or dairy. I'm liking it better than real ice cream.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
J
veteran
veteran
J
Many moons ago, I stopped at a Waffle House outside Atlanta for breakfast. The waitress asked me if I wanted hash browns or grits with my eggs. "Grits, please!" I figured it was time to see what a grit looked like. Hey, sum-beach, I thought to myself when the waitress placed the plate in front of me, I've seen this before. Up north it's called polenta, and they charge you more for it. At any rate, I became a grits convert. I've had Hoover's Grits for breakfast the past two days. I use chicken broth instead of water and serve with butter.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
If you want them grits really Southern Style you'd serve 'em over or under a couple of eggs fried over easy in bacon grease. As I recall though, Mick, you're a vegan so you just eat 'em "poor folks style" without no eggs nor bacon.

I've just about got a vegan ice cream recipe worked out for my daughter. She can't have eggs or dairy. I'm liking it better than real ice cream.

Greger. I gave up vegan and am now Paleo. I missed meat so much I would lick meat packages at the store, this weekend I making Pig Candy with thick bacon.

Vegan ice cream? Soy or coconut base?

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Originally Posted by Joe Keegan
Many moons ago, I stopped at a Waffle House outside Atlanta for breakfast. The waitress asked me if I wanted hash browns or grits with my eggs. "Grits, please!" I figured it was time to see what a grit looked like. Hey, sum-beach, I thought to myself when the waitress placed the plate in front of me, I've seen this before. Up north it's called polenta, and they charge you more for it. At any rate, I became a grits convert. I've had Hoover's Grits for breakfast the past two days. I use chicken broth instead of water and serve with butter.

We will convert the world, one grit at a time. I'm glad you like it Joe. It's damn good isn't it. Cheese grits are also fantastic. Shrimp and grits are the staff of life.

old hand
old hand
Every other Sunday morning I drive to Asheville to donate platelets and plasma at the Red Cross and I started going to Waffle House for breakfast, because I loved their waffles and their grits. Then early one morning I watched as one of the cooks prepared a big batch of grits. It was perhaps a gallon in size, and he put a whole pound of butter in it!

So I stopped eating the grits as often. Then one day I was chatting with the people there and they mentioned they were out of half-and-half, and it was going to be a real problem. I asked why. Did you know that they make their regular waffles by mixing the dry waffle mixture with half-and-half?

So I switched to eating buttermilk waffles.

Then they took the buttermilk waffles off the menu.

Now when I go to Asheville I stop at Denny's where they have a senior fit omelet, egg whites, a small amount of cheese, mushrooms, onions, spinach, served alongside a bowl of fruit and a bowl of oatmeal.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.
Page 9 of 103 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 102 103

Link Copied to Clipboard