WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 166 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 165 166
veteran
veteran
'
A Canadian, and an American are walking together down a road, when they stumble upon a lamp with a genie in it. After they rub the lamp, a Genie pops out and says, "Okay, you each get one wish each, who's going first?"

American: "Me, ME, ME!!! I want a 20-foot brick wall around all of the USA to keep the Canadians out."

Genie: "Granted!" POOF

Genie: "Okay Canadian, It's Your turn!"

Canadian: "Is that wall you put around the USA waterproof?"

Genie: "Yup!"

Canadian: "Fill 'er Up!"

L
veteran
veteran
L
Canucks love skeeters and muskeg. "Fraid the latitude might make more reg'lar swampland than muskeg, though.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
'
CANADA APOLOGIZES TO THE USA
A truly Canadian Apology to the USA, courtesy of Rick Mercer from This Hour Has 22 Minutes, CBC Television :

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry. I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all, it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. It would be like if, well, say you had ten times the television audience we did, and you flooded our market with great shows, cheaper than we could produce. I know you'd never do that.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defence I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, MUCH better than yours. By way of apology, please accept all of our NHL teams which, one by one, are going out of business and moving to your fine country.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White House during the War of 1812. I see you've rebuilt it!! It's very nice.

Your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. Because we've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by numan
I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you, doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own. ...
Not to pick, or nuthin', but...

Canadian forests
There is 35% more mill capacity in BC than there is forest on Crown land, but that isn't stopping BC's companies. ...In the Yukon, the federal government is giving away the ecologically-sensitive boreal forest to BC companies for only $7.00 a truckload.
AAC reductions on government land in BC have been forced because there's not enough wood left.
Companies in areas that have little wood left are pushing into BC's boreal forest to the north. The government's Timber Supply Review for the last great untapped reserve of boreal forest in northwest BC has paved the way by stating logging could be maintained at ten times the current rate. If approved, this cutting rate would devastate the area's forest, its wildlife, and the livelihoods of the many people, including native Indians, who live off the land or make their living as tourism guides. Growing conditions in these northern regions are so difficult that it is doubtful whether these forests will grow back once they have been cut...
When last seen by the BC public, this Forest Practices Code expressly allowed 40-hectare clearcuts, made provisions for much larger clearcuts under the excuse of eradicating insect infestations and disease, did not require a sustainable rate of harvest, did not give adequate protection to fish-bearing streams or domestic watersheds, and gave district forest managers the discretion to disobey virtually any and all of its so-called regulations. It offered no protection for biodiversity under the law, only discretionary guidelines, and it is said that now even these are being gutted.
A recent scientific report says the west coast fishery may be on the verge of collapse.A recent study showed that the new Forest Practices Code is overwhelmingly inferior to forest practices now required across the border in the United States.

I truly wish Canadians would wake up from their zombie-like trance and do something about the rapacious corporatists to whom they are enslaved.

(It is humorous how pointing one's nose too up in the air so deprives the owner of detecting what is going on just beneath it!)

Last edited by logtroll; 07/24/12 03:52 PM.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
K
old hand
old hand
K
Your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.
ROTFMOL

That was funny. Was being the key word. The craft beer brewed in the US got so good (in the past 30 years) that the Canadians were forced to follow suit and brew some decent brew themselves.

Molsons, Labatts, Kokanee, and even Moosehead were at one time slightly superior to US macrobrews but it took the good ol US of A to show them Canucks how to brew a decent craft brew. So the eh’ers to the north had to follow suit.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Potatoes

Well,
A Girl Potato and Boy Potato had eyes for each other, and finally they got married, and had a little sweet potato which they called 'Yam'.

Of course, they wanted the best for Yam.

When it was time, they told her about the facts of life.

They warned her about going out and getting half-baked, so she wouldn't get accidentally mashed, and get a bad name for herself like 'Hot Potato,' and end up with a bunch of Tater Tots.

Yam said not to worry, no Spud would get her into the sack and make a rotten potato out of her!

But on the other hand she wouldn't stay home and become a Couch Potato either.

She would get plenty of exercise so as not to be skinny like her Shoestring Cousins.

When she went off to Europe, Mr. And Mrs. Potato told Yam to watch out for the hard- boiled guys from Ireland.

And the greasy guys from France called the French Fries.

And when she went out West, to watch out for the Indians so she wouldn't get scalloped.

Yam said she would stay on the straight and narrow and wouldn't associate with those high class Yukon Golds, or the ones from the other side of the tracks who advertise their trade on all the trucks that say, 'Frito Lay.'

Mr. And Mrs. Potato sent Yam to Idaho P.U. (that's Potato University ). So that when she graduated she'd really be in the Chips.

But in spite of all they did for
her, one-day Yam came home and announced she was going to marry Tom Brokaw.

Tom Brokaw?!?!

Mr. and Mrs. Potato were very upset.

They told Yam she couldn't possibly marry Tom Brokaw because he's just.......

Are you ready for this?
Are you sure?

OK!
Here it is!

A
COMMONTATER

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
old hand
old hand
That was appealing.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.
old hand
old hand
And I assume that when she told her parents of her plans she had stars in all of her eyes.

Take the nacilbupeR pledge: I solemnly swear that I will help back out all Republicans at the next election.
Golem Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ted Remington
That was appealing.
[Linked Image from i50.tinypic.com]

Golem Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast

This is the real A-Team intro: