WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 103 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 102 103
Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Raw eggs come pasteurized in a carton
I expect it would be difficult to separate the yolk from the white, combine the yolk with the mascarpone and make meringue with the white. The custard can be made in a bain marie but that's a little bit fussy. I trust my eggs because I know the chickens personally and gather them myself every morning.
Perhaps a safer way to do the Tiramisu for most would be to make an English style custard or pastry filling.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Greger
Here's a very traditional Tiramisu.

This will be Christmas dessert - Irish Cream Tiramasu

i do have something of a soft spot for Nigella.

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
(Philip K.Dick)

L
veteran
veteran
L
Did you know that if you eat Dubliner cheese and take a sip of a gin and tonic that you get the taste of huckleberries? Hmm

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I eat Dubliner cheese a lot, but I don't drink gin and tonic.

Interesting observation though...

Greger Offline OP
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
We had our Yule feast a little bit early; my little witches came out to plant the onions this afternoon and we spent the day gardening and feasting. We began with a French onion soup made from last years onions served with crispy fried flatbread. Then a couple of hours in the garden, taking turns throwing the ball for Roscoe and his girlfriend Milka who is visiting for a couple of weeks. It's hard to concentrate on planting onions with a big slobbery dog licking your face and begging you to play.
It's amazing how quickly the onions get planted when young nimble knees and clever little hands are helping. Once I got the kids going I picked green beans, cut a couple of(already blooming)Broccoli, picked a few green tomatoes and a Japanese eggplant then went to work in the kitchen.
They got done and walked around the neighborhood, climbed the big tree out front and generally just did what kids do while I prepared a fried appetizer course and started in on a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau.
Fried Green tomatoes, eggplant, queso frito, and duritos served with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce and for the kids a cold bottle of white zinfandel. After that it was nap time while I tidied up the kitchen and began prepping the main course.
Green Beans, Broccoli and Lambcchops served with a balsamic citrus reduction sauce.
The bread was loaf of walnut rye.
After that we exchanged gifts, cash to the one who needed cash the most, Noelle got a gen 5 Ipod Touch, several books, new and used passed between us, I got A Feast of Ice and Fire, the Game of Thrones companion cookbook. A wealth of medieval and modern cookery.
Then on to dessert. Chef Fabio Viviani's apple cake with whipped cream. Simple, elegant, delicious! I've never made a cake with extra virgin Olive oil before but who am I to argue with the chef?
We all had a cup of lychee flavored black tea with that then an hour or so of conversation and the kids took their leave.
Somewhere along in there I had slipped the white zin into the freezer to chill it and forgotten about it so as I write this I'm sipping white zin slushie from the bottle.

Blessed be!

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
It's Christmas Eve morning, and I am getting prep done for our big family feast. My sisters and their families are all coming over to my house tonight. We are having a veggie tray and onion dip, Cheese, sausage and crackers for appetizers, fried pork wonton, a crown roast of pork and prime rib for the main course, au gratin potatoes, green beans sauteed with mushrooms and onions, roasted butternut squash as side dishes. Banana nit bread, pumpkin and cherry pie for dessert. I am also making a trifle. I bought lady fingers for the cake part of it.

Christmas Lunch will be roast sirloin, buttered carrots with thyme, broccoli, mashed garlic potatoes, gravy. Coconut cream pie and a yule log for dessert.

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

J
veteran
veteran
J
Impressive. I'm doing the usual turkey, which I could have once a week and never get tired of it. No oysters or sausage in the stuffing this time; just celery and onion- with a chicken stock for flavor. And, a turkey pot pie afterwards with everything thrown in- and I do mean everything, including the cranberries.

Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Joe-I love the idea for your turkey pot pie! ThumbsUp

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

J
veteran
veteran
J
Works for me. I pickup Pillsbury or some other frozen pie crusts (2/package). Roll out one crust in a glass baking pie dish, what's left over goes in, including gravy and cranberries, place the other crust on top, and into the oven it goes. It's surprisingly tasty. People seem to enjoy it.

veteran
veteran
[Linked Image from johndavidsons.com]

This is tomorrows christmas dinner.

taters roasted in duckfat
herb, onion and sausage meat stuffing ( im not stuffing the beef)
Sprouts sauteed with garlic and bacon
Roasted carrots and parsnips
Gravy

and for afters: irish cream tiramasu.

"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
(Philip K.Dick)

Page 65 of 103 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 102 103

Link Copied to Clipboard