WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 60 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 59 60
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Originally Posted by Fermi paradox
Joe Keegan,
The argument you pose to the Republicans, that they should be concerned about the potential that the abuse of the fascist power they love may one day come back to bite them, is specious.

The plan remains a "permanent Republican majority" and there is no reason to believe that Rove intends to sit idly by over the next year and a quarter.

The "Checks and Balances" problem which Nixon succumbed to has been subdued. Everythin in the Senate takes 60 votes. Everything in the Supreme Court takes 5 Votes.

The majority is intact, and the plans to keep it that way are working quite nicely.

Hillary? Not a problem.

Off topic, but does anyone really believe that Rove is going to spend more time with the family? Maybe he's going to manage some other campaign? In Jan 09, Hillary will be sworn in as the first female US President and Obama will be her VP.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Originally Posted by Joe Keegan
Philadelphia Steve,

Of course, you're only talking about the BAD Republicans. My Congressman, Jeff Miller (R), is a GOOD Republican. He's also a staunch conservative, champion of the US Constitution, and a great American! When he returns to Pensacola from DC and learns of the continued egregious violation of one of his constituents Constitutional rights, he'll be outraged and demand that the FBI do their job and investigate my charges!

Joe

Hey, I guess I was wrong! I received the Honorable's reply this past Friday, August 17, 2007. Jeff advised:
I am very sorry that I was unable to assist you. In offering help, however, I did want to be perfectly honest with you about how this situation limits my ability to assist in such matters. I am confident that if the agency finds merit in your allegations or have further questions, they will be in touch with you. Do understand that as a matter under the Privacy Act, the agencies may not be able to report back to you or even confirm any action taken.

Anyone surprised that this Member of Congress voted for the "Protect America Act?"

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I read that 3 federal appeals court judges are hearing challenges to the NSA's surveillance programs and maybe don't think that the lawsuits should be dimissed. I don't understand all that legal stuff, but if I could without being SWAT raided or otherwise picked-up off the streets file a friendly to the court something or other and encourage the judges to tell the Bush Administration to goose-step out of my court.

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
US Rep Jeff Miller wrote that he couldn't help me with the FBI, so I filed two FOIA/PA Requests with the FBI: one with the Special Agent in Charge at the Jacksonville office (PRIORITY MAIL 0306 1070 0004 8123 0740) and the other with David M. Hardy, Chief, RIDS, in DC (EXPRESS MAIL EB 390615184). Both FOIA/PA Requests are the same except for the addressee. USPS Track & Confirm verified delivery of the later. However, I noticed that USPS Track & Confirm indicated two separate Acceptance times by Wassau, FL, Post Office: one in the morning and one in the afternoon. I've never seen this before and inquired about it. Amber S, who I dealt with before, emailed a reply that my mail was delivered in DC. I emailed back that my question was, why two different acceptance times? I suspect that someone opened both envelopes. I hope that the FBI receives the FOIA/PA Requests that I sent.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Amber S emailed the USPS's reply in record time. I emailed on 8/23/07 at 4:10 PM and Amber S responded at 4:15 PM. Amber S wrote: "Thank you for contacting us about why your Express Mail item had two acceptance scans. I apologize we do not have information as to why this item had two acceptance scans. If I can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me. Thank you for choosing the United States Postal Service(r)."

Amber S helped me before with a still undelivered PRIORITY MAIL delivery confirmation item (0307 0020 0004 6108 7729- you can track it at USPS's Track & Confirm ). I PRIORITY MAILED the Jacksonville FBI a copy of WFEC's Executive VP & CEO's letter and an additional email to supplement my earlier FBI complaint and request for an investigation. The FBI's only question was whether the bug was on a pole in the street or on private property. When the USPS failed to deliver my PRIORITY ITEM, I sent an EXPRESS MAIL envelope containing the same evidence, which the FBI did receive. At any rate, Amber S told me that the USPS returns it after 2 weeks if not picked up. I doubt that the FBI would fail to pick it up if they received a notice. The Graceville, FL, PO told me that they hold items 4 weeks before returning. They also told me tht they don't know what Jacksonville PO has it. After 2 months the Jacksonville PO still hasn't delivered or returned it. Amber S wrote in a 7/16/07 response to an earlier inquiry: "I apologize per the email we don't have any more information regarding this item." Amber S has actually been helpful compared to other USPS employees. I've had the USPS "lose" Certified Return Receipt Request letters to public officials and delay delivering PRIORITY MAIL for 2 weeks. The USPS informed me that there is no guarantee- other than EXPRESS MAIL- of delivery. Postal Inspectors have too much work to even reply to my inquiries. Finally, remember- and this is important- that the "S" in USPS is for "Service!"

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
An Aug 24, 2007 Governor’s Press Office release quotes Gov. Crist as saying, “The office ( Office of Open Government) is designed to help Floridians access information about state government and ensure that government’s actions are always transparent and accountable to taxpayers.” In addition, in his NOTES FROM THE CAPITOL, AUGUST 24, 2007, Gov. Crist wrote that “The role of Florida’s government is to serve the people of Florida, and open government gives the people the tools they need to hold us accountable for that service.” Inspired by these noble words I’ve availed myself of these tools and contacted the Attorney General’s Open Government Mediation Program for help obtaining my closed case file from State Attorney Meadow’s office. Assistant SA Lewis wrote that there were no basis to my charges. I want to find out if ASA Lewis pulled his determination out of thin air or some place else.

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
The FL Office of Attorney General found the issues in my request appropriate for the open government mediation program and invited William Adams Lewis, Esq, 14 Judicial Circuit to participate in this voluntary alternative for resolution of an ongoing dispute over access. I want to see my complete closed case file containing Mr. Lewis' "inquiries" regarding my charges as well as the SAO's review of the evidence that I submitted.

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
A Jacksonville FBI Agent's only question after talking to me was whether or not the bug was on a utility pole on the street or on private property. Although not an electronic surveillance expert, a sibling who is a PhD, PE, remarked after viewing the VHS videotape that the audio phenomenon was "caused by an advanced technology." I want to know why Assistant State Attorney Lewis maintains that there are no basis to my charges, especially considering the evidence that I supplied to the SAO.

Joe

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Florida Attorney General McCollum (D) was the keynote speaker at the Holmes County Republican (R) Party's bi-annual Reagan Day Dinner this past Thursday, Sept.6. I didn't learn about this affair until Friday, Sept. 7, when I read about it in the local weekly, Sept 5 edition, that AG McCollum would be there as well as US Rep Jeff Miller (as useless as a miniskirt on a nun)and State Rep Don Brown (the miniskirt's fashion accessory- shoes or a handbag). If I had know about this dinner beforehand, I would have been there. At any rate, a few discreet cursory inquiries by AG McCollum should have substantiated my condensed, sanitized, and understated charges. which I've provided enough evidence to prove nevermind investigate. Hopefully- at the risk of appearing cynical- the Honorable follows the rule of law and wasn't there to tell the good 'ol boys "not to worry" and "it's taken care of." After all, Florida is not a Banana Republic ruled by some Dixie Mafia or is it? If these are my "freedoms" that our troops are fighting to protect in Iraq, then I say that the war is over and bring them home!

Joe

old hand
old hand
Based on the number of "views", it appears that many others are following this saga.
As a part time florida resident, I'm not surprised at the response. The State is somewhat dysfuntional, with the Department that handles Consumer Complaints, located within the Depatment of Agriculture. (A check of other states shows that most Consumer Complaint offices are in the office of the Attorney General.)
A while back, I sent in a complaint about Comcast. The Department of Agriculture responded, three months later, stating that my letter had been forwarded to Comcast in Philadelphia, PA...
Two later followups by me went unanswered.
Yeah... I know... not related to the Surveillance question, but I think, a measure of a bureaucracy devoid of responsibility.

Life is Good!
Page 12 of 60 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard