WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 60 1 2 56 57 58 59 60
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
[b]Nearly Half Of Americans Claim They've Changed Their Behavior Due To NSA[/b]
And in case anyone is tempted to think that this is a narrow issue of concern only to news junkies and security geeks, let me be clear: according to this latest survey, 85% of adult Americans are now at least somewhat familiar with the news about secret government surveillance of private citizens’ phone calls, emails, online activity, and so on.

L
veteran
veteran
L
Won't they be sorry when it is revealed that the NSA is analyzing metadata using an algorithm that looks for people who change their behavior because of news that the NSA might catch them doing something illegal!

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
The Mobius curve of probable cause?

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
[Linked Image from scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net]

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
I filed a complaint reporting abuse with Melinda Miguel, the Florida Chief Inspector General, on Jan. 30, 2014. The USPS verified that they received it the next day.

What is the alleged or suspected Waste, Fraud or Abuse?

Violation of Article IV, Section 1(a) of the Florida Constitution, violations of Sections 14.26 and 23.30, Florida Statutes, and violations of the Code of Ethics by the Office of the Governor as set forth in Chapter 112, Part III, Florida Statutes. The Office of Citizen Services received my Request for Appointment of a Special Prosecutor, letter dated 7/6/2013 (enclosed), on July 8, 2013, assigned it on July 10, 2013, and closed it on July 10, 2013. I still haven’t received any reply to it. The unsigned Citizen Services activity sheet in the ACTION TAKEN section indicates No Reply Necessary (see enclosed).
My complaint was that the Governor's office didn't reply to my letter. They're required by their own policies to respond within two weeks. The Governor's office still hasn't replied. For that matter, neither has the Chief Inspector General's Office. So I phoned the IG's office last month and spoke to someone who identified himself as John. John said that they'd decide by the end of March whether or not they'll investigate my charge (Governor's Office not replying to my letter). Last week I mailed Chief Inspector General Miguel a letter asking about the status of my complaint. I still haven't received a reply from the Chief IG's Office.

By comparison, I sent two former US Presidents letters regarding some of my concerns. Both Administrations replied within two weeks (the postal delivery person even gets out of their vehicle to personally deliver the letter). One then VP even wrote me that the President had seen my letter. I guess the Chief Inspector General Office must be flooded with fraud, waste, and abuse complaints about Governor Scott's Office.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
OPEN LETTER TO CHIEF INSPECTOR GENERAL MELINDA MIGUEL

Dear Chief Inspector General Miguel,

I received a letter, dated April 8, 2014, from Heather Robinson, Investigations Manager, Office of the Chief Inspector General, regarding Case # 201401310007. Did you forward Ms. Robinson my actual complaint, which I mailed to you? She apparently mistook the copy of my Request for Appointment of a Special Prosecutor[/b]and related documents that I included with my complaint as my complaint. I included these documents, obtained through a Public Records Request, to show that: 1) The Governor’s Office received my letter; and, 2) Citizen Service’s case history action sheet indicates that “No Reply Necessary,” [b]which is the abuse that I reported, because the non reply violates their own written policies, Sections 14.26 and 23.30, Florida Statues, and the Governor’s Code of Ethics. Again, I identified the purpose of my complaint, which was simply to get a reply to my letter, and I identified Warren Davis (who’s listed on the Citizen Services history sheet as “Coordinator”) as the employee responsible for this abuse.

Investigations Manager Heather Robinson wrote, “This office does not have jurisdiction over criminal matters.” How is not replying to a letter a criminal matter? Unless, is she saying that for the Office of the Governor not to reply is a criminal matter in this particular case? If so, then surely Governor Scott, as the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in the state, would want to know about it? Ms. Robinson concluded, “This office finds no information warranting further action at this time. As such, we consider these matters closed.” Ms. Robinson is mistaken. All the information that Ms. Robinson and the OIG staff had to find was a reply to my letter or why a reply wasn’t required. The Governor’s Office either replied or they didn’t. It’s that simple. The “further action” warranted is for your office to find out why I haven’t received any reply.

Sincerely,
Joe Keegan

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
The Office of the Chief Inspector General insures the integrity and honesty of not only the Office of the Governor (and presumably themselves), but also the other state Inspector General Offices and agencies. I didn't realize that they also screened Petitions to the Governor.

Please see my April 8, 2014 post above. My complaint focused on not receiving a reply to my petition to the Governor. The Chief Inspector General Office's job was to investigate why, and not judge the merits of any petition addressed to Governor Scott.

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
Government Spying
governmentspying.blogspot.com

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
The USPS verified delivery of my April 23, 2014 letter (pasted in below). The General Counsel also functions as the Chief Ethics Officer for Governor Scott.

April 21, 2014

Peter Antonacci,
General Counsel
#209 The Capitol
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0001

Dear Sir,

When I didn’t receive a reply to my Request for Appointment of a Special Prosecutor[/b] (copy enclosed) from Governor Scott, I filed a Public Records Request to obtain a copy and any related documents in order to determine whether or not it was misplaced. The Office of Citizen Services checked “No Reply Necessary” in the ACTION TAKEN box, which violates not only their policies, but also Florida law and the Governor’s Code of Ethics. I filed an abuse complaint (Chief Inspector General Case # 201401310007) with the Chief Inspector General and enclosed a copy of the Public Record Documents to show that Citizen Services received my letter and that their history sheet checked “No Reply Necessary,” which violated Sections 14.26 and 23.30, Florida Statues, and the Governor’s Code of Ethics. I identified the abuse- not receiving a reply- and I identified Warren Davis (who’s listed on the history sheet as “Coordinator”) as the employee responsible for this abuse.

I recently received a letter, dated April 8, 2014, from Heather Robinson, Investigations Manager Office of the Chief Inspector General (copy enclosed) in which she wrote the their office doesn’t have jurisdiction over criminal matters. My complaint concerned not receiving a reply to my [b]Request for Appointment of a Special Prosecutor. The Governor’s Office either replied to my letter or they didn’t. The Office of the Chief Inspector General’s legal and ethical duty is to determine why I didn’t receive a reply to my letter or else why no reply is necessary.

Finally, I would appreciate it if you would just hand Governor Scott a copy of my [b]Request for Appointment of a Special Prosecutor.[/b] As the Chief Law Enforcement Officer in Florida, Governor Scott should know about these charges. I would like to resolve this on-going matter.

Regards,

Joe Keegan

J
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
J
How to Tell When You Need a Search Warrant[/b] [b]While it's always best to have a piece of paper to back you up in court, sometimes shortcuts are OK.
You have to reign in your natural hunter's instinct and take the time to get a search warrant. There's the affidavit of probable cause to compose, the warrant form to fill out, maybe a review by the local prosecutor, and then finding a magistrate to submit the package to for approval. It's a hassle.
Not any more.

Page 58 of 60 1 2 56 57 58 59 60

Link Copied to Clipboard