WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 193 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 192 193
Scoutgal #281057 09/21/15 09:56 PM
old hand
old hand
Scott walker out of the race. Another one bites the dust!!! ThumbsUp

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #281058 09/21/15 10:18 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It's official! Scott Walker Ends Presidential Campaign

Good riddance! Two down, 215 to go...

As for WHY he dropped out: Scott Walker: What Went Wrong? And this is from the decidedly conservative National Review. Among their conclusions:
Walker’s rise came so early that he didn’t yet have a campaign in place and hadn’t fully studied up on national issues, and it showed. His Iowa bounce played into a key strategic decision to make the Hawkeye State central to his campaign, and relatedly, to compete directly for the Right of the party, which for him required changes in tone and position. Walker is a conservative but not a fire-breather. That made his attempt to straddle the grassroots and the establishment — which would have been difficult for any politician — harder to pull off.
Above all, the past few months have amplified questions about whether Walker’s campaign and, more importantly, the candidate himself are built to thrive on a stage larger and less forgiving than Wisconsin. Political observers had long worried about whether he had the charisma to succeed in a presidential contest. Now, there are doubts about his substance. At times, the candidate and his operation have appeared accident-prone and politically immature.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Rubio Team Moves Immediately to Capitalize on Walker Flameout ... the vultures circle.

Labor tap-dances on Walker's political grave ... The enemies exult.

Why Scott Walker Failed... The pundits eulogize and explain.

Could it maybe have been... he wasn't a very good candidate? He got elected in off-elections - all three times. Could it be pending indictments? Could it be he wasn't even going to win Wisconsin? Scott Walker's popularity dips in Wisconsin

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
NW Ponderer #281060 09/21/15 11:36 PM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Could it maybe have been... he wasn't a very good candidate? He got elected in off-elections - all three times. Could it be pending indictments? Could it be he wasn't even going to win Wisconsin?

All of the above plus he has the personality of a fungal infection!
grin

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #281062 09/22/15 02:09 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think most of us saw this coming. Same with Rick Perry.

Can't say I ever thought it would be Trump to knock out the one percenters though.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Scoutgal #281063 09/22/15 08:51 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Ted Cruz appeared on Late show with Stephen Colbert. It was illuminating. He is TRULY a charlatan. He misquoted the Constitution, and raised the same misdirected issue about "five unelected judges". Of particular note was his misdirection about his support. He claimed his support came from 175,000 donors, but the reality is 95%+ came from $million plus donation from a few very rich donors.
More than 95% of the total contributions to super PACs supporting Ted Cruz came from donations of $1 million or more, more than any other candidate.
NYTimes What I haven't been able to find is how many individual donors each candidate has.

veteran
veteran
i did not see it but did read the synopsis on colbert site.

his reference to 5 unelected judges was to the 5-4 voting pattern which has been the standard for some time now. he obviously does not like what the 5 who are against his positions are saying (when they are against his positions).

bit how did he overlook the obvious as a Constitutional "scholar" and not see the issue is not about "marriage" par se but about equal rights which the Constitution does address?

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Scoutgal #281065 09/22/15 12:34 PM
old hand
old hand
The current Republican presidential candidate field looks like this:

Jeb Bush
Ben Carson
Chris Christie
Ted Cruz
Carly Fiorina
Jim Gilmore
Lindsey Graham
Mike Huckabee
Bobby Jindal
John Kasich
George Pataki
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio
Rick Santorum
Donald Trump

Who do you think will be the next to drop out?

I think it will be Jindal.

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #281066 09/22/15 02:55 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think Jindal is a good bet, but Pataki has no cash, and has burned through almost all SuperPAC support (what little he had). It may be a race there. Jindal was an also-ran when he started, but has evangelical support. Pataki doesn't even have that. My son was disappointed Walker dropped out because he diluted the field. Surprised me, because he hates talking Politics.

Scoutgal #281067 09/22/15 03:06 PM
old hand
old hand
Pataki would be logical too. But I think hubris may keep him in the race a little longer. Jindal is the proverbial snowball's chance in hell.

And now we have Carly liar pants on fire.

Carly Fiorina has a big problem with the truth. More specifically, she has a problem with embellishing the truth, in a manner very reminiscent of disgraced NBC anchor Brian Williams.

On Friday, conservative radio host Sean Hannity asked Fiorina to explain stories that Hewlett-Packard violated in the Iran embargo, by selling millions of dollars of computers, parts and equipment through a Dubai-based company, while she was CEO.

"The SEC did a thorough investigation and concluded that no one in management, myself included, knew anything about it," Fiorina told Hannity.

She repeated the line, nearly verbatim, to FOX News Sunday host Chris Wallace, this weekend.

"In fact, the SEC investigation proved that neither I nor anyone else in management knew about it," she told Wallace.

Yes, except the SEC investigation didn't. In fact, the SEC didn't perform an investigation at all, especially one that cleared her of any knowledge of the affair.

What is true is that the SEC's Division of Corporate Finance inquired about HP's dealings with Iran. There was back and forth, with the SEC asking questions, and HP answering, which ended with this letter from the SEC. But, there is no record of the Enforcement Division -- the only division that performs investigations -- taking up the matter. Thus, no investigation was performed.

Huff Post

The Letter

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Page 5 of 193 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 192 193

Link Copied to Clipboard