WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 150 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 149 150
jgw #281031 09/18/15 10:27 PM
L
veteran
veteran
L
Trump appeared to be fading into the drapes during the 40 minutes of the "debate" that I stayed awake for.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
I didn;t watch any of it

Trump 2016

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Ezekiel #281037 09/19/15 07:27 PM
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Trump doesn’t challenge man who said Obama is Muslim and ‘not even an American'

--His LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS on not challenging the man who said Obama is a Muslim and not even an American.

That's the overwhelming majority of his demographic.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Ezekiel #281140 09/26/15 08:51 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Donald Trump - The First 100 Days…

Sundance
The Conservative Treehouse
September 26, 2015

Donald Trump announced his intentions to run for President on June 16th, 2015; one hundred days ago.

Wow, what a hundred days it has been.

Think about it.

In the past 100 days we have found out that virtually every espoused position of the "conservative media" was a total ruse. The Salem Media group primarily among them.

Red State (Eric Erickson) now finds himself proclaiming that Jeb Bush is the most conservative governor he's ever known. Web sites like Twitchy, Hot Air, Human Events, Michelle Malkin and National Review suddenly singing the praises of a Jeb Bush they formerly said was just another GOP establishment sell out.
More

A reader comment:

tyrannocankles says:
September 26, 2015 at 4:46 am

I just love this picture....

[Linked Image from theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpress.com]

In the photo above, Trump is all by himself - leaving a powerful enemy in flames. How symbolic that he's alone - as the entire GOP, Democrat Party, and media turn on him. But now I'm seeing a different picture, where he's not alone. There is an army in the smoke behind him.

Start from the top. The disabled vet, holding his fake VA waiting number, which he now realizes is a waiting number to get on the real waiting list. Behind him - tens of thousands more just like him - and thousands still more who died waiting - ghosts whose voices are now being heard, through us.

A naval officer - relieved of duty because he refused to stand down when ordered. And 4 ghosts behind him, along with hundreds of pilots and seamen who were denied the chance to do their jobs. And behind them - thousands of patriotic men and women who have left a military which no longer is allowed to do its job. Behind them - millions who are waiting for a REAL president, before they'll even think about joining.

To their side - thousands of scientists, engineers and programmers - laid off of their jobs - but only after they were forced to train their replacements - overseas and as H1B imports.

Next to them - millions of immigrants - most of them Hispanic - who played by the rules to come to America, only to watch their hard-won citizenship devalued to nothing, by traitors who equate their proud LEGAL status with people who not only refuse to play by the rules, but who have the chutzpah to cry racism while begging for racial favoritism.

Millions who lost their pensions. Their retirements. Their health care. Their full-time jobs. True - they did get that job selling fast food - until they lost even that to illegal aliens.

In the mist - millions of dead Jews - the ghosts of the Holocaust - who watch the very lives of their own children and grandchildren bargained away, so that greedy Uniparty members and their crony-cap backers can cash in on the big payday, which they give to men who swear to wipe Jews from the face of the earth.

Should I go on? Why not? How about millions of black Americans, who can't find jobs, while immigrants both legal and illegal pour into their neighborhoods, taking whatever jobs there are?

But it gets better! How about the crying families of THOUSANDS of Americans murdered, raped, beaten, robbed, and run down by illegal aliens who should have never even been here in the first place?

And next to them, cops shot in cold blood, for lies that the men and women of Congress don't even dare to speak of, and which the Presidents sycophants in the media won't even report.

And we might as well let all the dead Christians and Yazidis in the Middle East join the army, too, because if both the Democrats and Republicans would have done their job and impeached Obama, they would still be alive.

And to finish it off, floating overhead, an air force of angels from horizon to horizon. What are they - this massive legion? Why, they are boys and girls who were never born - "Dead Emily's List", you might say - led by a young girl who would have been named Emily. Every one slaughtered for their body parts by Planned Parenthood.

Go ahead. Laugh at Trump. Make hideous cartoons about killing him. But bear this in mind. He is just the guy on point. There are millions more behind him, who are ready to pick up his gun if he should fall. And Trump is not nearly as pissed as the rest. Not even close.
YCMTSU

Ezekiel #281145 09/27/15 09:28 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Donald Trump’s slide in the polls is beginning to look real

A regression to the mean, as I've mentioned before.

Washington Post

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Golem #281146 09/27/15 09:29 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
To paraphrase Forrest Gump:

[Linked Image from s6.postimg.org]

Crazy is as crazy does. grin

Last edited by Ezekiel; 09/27/15 09:31 AM.

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #281163 09/28/15 02:26 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think the highest Trump "rose" in the polls was 33%. Most polls put him in mid 20s. Given the margin of error, he was probably always in the mid 20s, and will likely stay there. But that quarter of the Republican will vote for whomever the eventual candidate is anyway. He will not win any States, cannot win the general election, and will not be president. He is, however, providing cover for the marginal candidate (which, frankly, is most of the field), because, like any good magician, he is keeping attention away from what is really going on. The others are hidden in his shadow so the press and opponents aren't digging into their weaknesses (which are myriad), and they are getting the opportunity to practice outside of the limelight. Jeb Bush, in particular, owes him a big "thanks". Even Clinton is probably grateful for the distraction.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
I wonder if Donald Trump's announcement of his tax policy will help or hurt him?

Donald Trump Unveils His BOLD Incom...oposal-this-is-a-big-deal/#ixzz3nAdfOK6r

Called the “1-5-10-15” income tax plan–this will likely form the basis of his presidential campaign. Tax proposals consist of the following:

* Those making up to $30,000 will pay 1 percent.

* Income from $30,000 to $100,000 results in a flat 5 percent.

* $100,000 to $1 million income will be taxed at 10 percent.

* On $1 million or above will be taxed 15 percent

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Scoutgal
I wonder if Donald Trump's announcement of his tax policy will help or hurt him?

Some facts:

TRUMP: "It reduces or eliminates most of the deductions and loopholes available to special interests and to the very rich. In other words, it's going to cost me a fortune."

THE FACTS: Only Trump and his accountant can be sure, since he doesn't specify which deductions and loopholes he plans to eliminate and has yet to release any of his tax returns.
His proposal to eliminate the 40 percent tax on inheritances of more than $5.4 million would allow him to pass his estate to heirs tax-free, a savings worth billions given his self-estimated net worth of more than $10 billion.
TRUMP: "It will provide major tax relief for middle income, and for most other Americans, there will be a major reduction."

THE FACTS: Trump's plan will undoubtedly reduce the amount Americans pay in income taxes. The Tax Foundation, which advocates for lower tax rates, said Tuesday its estimates the cost of Trump's tax cuts at nearly $12 trillion over the next decade.
TRUMP: "And all of this does not add to our debt or our deficit."

THE FACTS: In order for Trump's tax rate reductions to be what's known in Washington parlance as "revenue neutral," he would have to offset them in some way. Several tax experts, even those who like Trump's reduction in rates, said his plan appears unable to do so.
TRUMP: "We are reducing taxes, but at the same time if I win, if I become president, we will be able to cut so much money and have a better country. We won't be losing anything other than we will be balancing budgets and getting them where they should be."

THE FACTS: Even if Trump's tax plan wound up being revenue neutral, it wouldn't bring in enough money to balance the budget.

Yahoo News

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #281248 09/30/15 12:14 AM
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Originally Posted by Scoutgal

Some facts:

TRUMP: "It reduces or eliminates most of the deductions and loopholes available to special interests and to the very rich. In other words, it's going to cost me a fortune."

THE FACTS: Only Trump and his accountant can be sure, since he doesn't specify which deductions and loopholes he plans to eliminate and has yet to release any of his tax returns.
His proposal to eliminate the 40 percent tax on inheritances of more than $5.4 million would allow him to pass his estate to heirs tax-free, a savings worth billions given his self-estimated net worth of more than $10 billion.
TRUMP: "It will provide major tax relief for middle income, and for most other Americans, there will be a major reduction."

THE FACTS: Trump's plan will undoubtedly reduce the amount Americans pay in income taxes. The Tax Foundation, which advocates for lower tax rates, said Tuesday its estimates the cost of Trump's tax cuts at nearly $12 trillion over the next decade.
TRUMP: "And all of this does not add to our debt or our deficit."

THE FACTS: In order for Trump's tax rate reductions to be what's known in Washington parlance as "revenue neutral," he would have to offset them in some way. Several tax experts, even those who like Trump's reduction in rates, said his plan appears unable to do so.
TRUMP: "We are reducing taxes, but at the same time if I win, if I become president, we will be able to cut so much money and have a better country. We won't be losing anything other than we will be balancing budgets and getting them where they should be."

THE FACTS: Even if Trump's tax plan wound up being revenue neutral, it wouldn't bring in enough money to balance the budget.

Yahoo News

In other words, a whole lot of "Who shot John" and not a lot of substance.

milk and Girl Scout cookies ;-)

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

Page 9 of 150 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 149 150

Link Copied to Clipboard