WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 150 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 149 150
Ezekiel #284700 02/10/16 05:40 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Many "conservatives" (read Neo Cons) have their widdle, itty bitty fee-fees hurt this morning because of some Front Pages of Media Sites regarding Donald Trumps win last night in NH.

Huffington Post wrote about Donald's win last night: WTF? Racist Xenophobe wins NH

Those poor dears... coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Many "conservatives" (read Neo Cons) have their widdle, itty bitty fee-fees hurt this morning because of some Front Pages of Media Sites regarding Donald Trumps win last night in NH.

Huffington Post wrote about Donald's win last night: WTF? Racist Xenophobe wins NH

Those poor dears... coffee

Here is the problem with how you are thinking about this election. If you ask anybody who is being the most honest. Who is telling the people exactly how he feels. Who just doesn't GAF about what other people think. Donald Trump is the answer for probably 90%+.

Trump is not my cup of tea, but his message is very populist, very appealing to the non-political, and many political insider, members of the voting public. He gets press, gets people out of their chairs to vote and says whatever he wants to say. While doing that, he hammers immigration policy, PC mind set and the illusion that everybody has a right to be treated exactly as they want to be treated. Oh yeah, he doesn't want to be a world leader, just POTUS. All in all, a pretty compelling campaign platform. So what if he talks in generalities about the Middle East, about the budget and about the current state of American politics.

He is popular because he doesn't care! People want to hears their elected officials tell them the truth and they not only believe that Trump does that, but if he is elected he will try to do what he says he will do. It is a powerful thing to have the ability to change the status quo, and people believe that The Donald is just the person to do that.

Racist Xenophobe? Talking to some friends about it and they believe that he is just "telling it like it is" and even scarier than that, they want him elected so he can do exactly what he promises he will do. The bright side of this is that maybe, just maybe, politicians will look at this election and fear the voting public once again.

Tim

Last edited by Ma_Republican; 02/10/16 06:16 PM.

A proud member of the Vast Right-wing Conspiracy, Massachusetts Chapter

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
veteran
veteran
so if i understand your post correctly, you support and endorse ignorance as a virtue or at the very least honest

the so called PC mentality is all about treating people with the same respect you yourself would want .... nothing more nothing less - but you abhor the idea as alien and distasteful

suppose we profile everyone named Tim .... from now on you are treated not as just a second class citizen but a pariah as a person .... i suppose you would not mind as it would be too PC to treat you with any respect

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
maybe, just maybe, politicians will look at this election and fear the voting public once again.

That will depend largely on whether or not Donald Trump actually wins in the general election. If Republican primary voters select a nominee who is badly beaten by a Democrat then the voters will have proved themselves untrustworthy in the selection of an electable candidate.

The last winning candidate they selected was G.W. Bush, we all know how that turned out. Then there was John McCain and Mitt Romney. Neither made a spectacular showing. Republican voters, angry beyond words, this time have chosen to support someone who echoes their hatred of everything not white, straight, and Christian. Someone who is pretty obviously playing them for fools just to get their votes.

He is a salesman and he's telling them everything they want to hear.

Then again, should he win, he's got to make a pretty good showing once he's in office. He's got to manage the economy efficiently to prevent job losses, keep the deficit under control, and basically make good on his single real promise to "Make America Great Again".

If he fails and we see another surge in military events, a soaring deficit, another devastating recession, and more Americans losing their homes and livelihoods then once again Republican voters are going to come under fire for their inability to select a leader.

It won't be so much fear as complete disdain for the political acumen of the average voter. The power brokers may not give Republican voters many more chances like this if they can't set aside their petty single issues, reign in their hatred, and vote like adults.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by rporter314
so if i understand your post correctly, you support and endorse ignorance as a virtue or at the very least honest

the so called PC mentality is all about treating people with the same respect you yourself would want .... nothing more nothing less - but you abhor the idea as alien and distasteful

suppose we profile everyone named Tim .... from now on you are treated not as just a second class citizen but a pariah as a person .... i suppose you would not mind as it would be too PC to treat you with any respect

Nah, I support nobody in this race. Much more the shame of American politics. However, as a veteran of many political campaigns at a local level, what you are seeing from Trump is a lot closer to a Selectman's campaign than a Presidential campaign. I grew up in a fairly large family, I was 5 of 6. I learned that thick skin and quick hands solved many of the potential problems that I encountered. Much of what Trump supports I support, especially immigration policy and the PC dumbing down of America. Usually, people get treated exactly as they deserve to be treated. Growing up I got many a bruise from gaining respect. Did it suck, yes! Was it wrong, not so sure any more. We have become a nation of whiners and lay abouts who worry more about how to game the system than be at the top of our game.

There is no right to be happy. There is no right to be respected. There is no right to have others respect your beliefs. There is a right for our government to keep it's citizens safe and immigration policy today contradicts that right. Diseases thought to be eliminated have been imported into the country in the name of being "inclusive", or "welcoming", which is just another name for allowing other nations to abuse our laws and ignore our borders.

Trump is in front today because people are tired of our government worrying more about other people than Americans. On one hand I am horrified at how well he is actually doing. On the other I am enjoying every moment of discomfort and panic that the ruling class is feeling right now. I hope that the spit has hit the fan and Washington gets soaked.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson
K
old hand
old hand
K
If Trump is to be elected as an absolute dictator then much of what he says might become a reality. But a president-no matter who that might be-just cannot “make America great again” by proclaiming it be so. Then working through our political system with its entrenched interests.

Much of Trumps support comes from former middle class workers who used to make decent wages and now are working for minimum wage. And maybe not even full time. So they are pissed. The good old days are gone and they want them back. That happened because of two things; globalization of factory work and technology. Globalization is not going away and technology will continue to replace ever more workers. Sure this will provide high paying high tech work for some, but for the masses? Very, very unlikely.

So a given candidate might be able to promise this, that, and the other but the reality of it is beyond any politicians control. No matter the huffing, puffing, and bluster. We are indeed in a brave new world and Donald Trump cannot bring back the good old days for the former US middle class.

I don’t think anyone can.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
...a president-no matter who that might be-just cannot “make America great again” by proclaiming it be so.
Trumpets operate in fantasy and not much in reality - just like their mystical 1950s America that they want a return to... Hmm

Yeah...Mexico is going to pay for the wall, right. coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

veteran
veteran
wow ... always amazed

PC dumbing down of America
why is treating people the same a dumb idea?

here is no right to be happy. There is no right to be respected. There is no right to have others respect your beliefs.
there is no Constitutional right to happiness or respect .... it is simply common sense and a courtesy to respect people as equals i.e. PC .... of course I will now conclude you typically bitch slap people as you walk down the street and call them names .... after all it would be too PC to have a little respect for people

another name for allowing other nations to abuse our laws and ignore our borders
could you provide a few names of these countries and how they abuse and ignore

people are tired of our government worrying more about other people than Americans
Laws are passed which apply to all citizens, not individuals. I will send an email to Sen Cruz and Sen Cornyn to name Tim in a bill personally, so I can say the government is more worried about Tim than all Americans.

I have been a long time advocate of government reform but I have never supported cutting off arms and legs to satisfy that reform.

Of the 19 major candidates for president only 2 have not relied on super PAC's. Here is an example of a place to start reform.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Ken Condon
If Trump is to be elected as an absolute dictator then much of what he says might become a reality. But a president-no matter who that might be-just cannot “make America great again” by proclaiming it be so. Then working through our political system with its entrenched interests.

Much of Trumps support comes from former middle class workers who used to make decent wages and now are working for minimum wage. And maybe not even full time. So they are pissed. The good old days are gone and they want them back. That happened because of two things; globalization of factory work and technology. Globalization is not going away and technology will continue to replace ever more workers. Sure this will provide high paying high tech work for some, but for the masses? Very, very unlikely.

So a given candidate might be able to promise this, that, and the other but the reality of it is beyond any politicians control. No matter the huffing, puffing, and bluster. We are indeed in a brave new world and Donald Trump cannot bring back the good old days for the former US middle class.

I don’t think anyone can.

Reality doesn't matter to many voters, just as the truth doesn't matter to many voters. What sets Trump apart from any other politician in my lifetime is the fact that he is giving his honest opinion and a promise to address it. Who else is doing that and actually means it? Nobody in my lifetime.

Obama got Obamacare passed via procedure, and it had/has very little actual support from the voters. He is using Executive Orders to circumvent the law on immigration. So to say that Trump could not accomplish much of what he has said he would is overlooking the realities of playing politician in America. Plus, if he ever actually got elected he would have the hammer and would not be afraid to use it. The power of the Presidency isn't really that great. The POTUS is a figurehead, but even his/her enemies have to respect the position.

I am not a fan, but as I mentioned, his ideas are well worth considering. They are very populist and feed into the growing discomfort that all Americans are feeling. Remember, the people who vote in primaries are the hard cores. What will happen when a couple of hundred million voters vote? What happens if the market crashes or there is another terrorist incident?

I am cautiously optimistic that Trump will be a vehicle for change, or at least worth a few laughs.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson
K
old hand
old hand
K
Do you think that Trump really wants to be POTUS or- as I do-- that he’s just pulling everyones chain?

Of course I can’t get into his head but I really think he would never set foot into the oval office if he did somehow win the general election. He seems to be playing a great “reality show” game here:

The Donald as POTUS

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Page 28 of 150 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 149 150

Link Copied to Clipboard