WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 150 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 149 150
Ezekiel #285792 03/17/16 12:04 AM
veteran
veteran
the Trump may be making the greatest modern political sacrifice (unbeknownst from him) in order to prevent Sen Cruz from destroying the country

this is not a dealers choice ...

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Ezekiel #285793 03/17/16 12:47 AM
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Never forget, Donald Trump's mastery of the art of manipulating populist anger in the masses has a dangerous side.

Trump warns of 'riots' if he isn't GOP nominee

(Beware the sons, Uday and Usay Trump)

Trump militia forms to ‘forcefully protect’ rally goers against ‘far-left agitators’

Within hours, the account reportedly had over 500 followers, and members were already asking for “uniform suggestions.”

And on this day, Donald Trump's very own Sturmabteilung was born.

Is it elitist to refer to them as the "great unwashed masses" at this point?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My own mother referred to him as "a little Il Duce" back in the 1990's. She oughta know, she fled Mussolini as a child.

deepfreezefilms.com
Ezekiel #285801 03/17/16 01:34 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I truly believe that Trump is far more dangerous than people credit. Especially his followers. I heard two separate interviews yesterday with Trump supporters/spokespeople and BOTH clearly had no idea what he stood for and stated that "He doesn't really mean what he says.". How does one blindly support someone whom they believe doesn't intend to do the things he claims? The obvious choices are so clearly bad it is inescapable: 1) He's just a liar, and a manipulative one at that, 2) he means it, and you are too blind to realize that. Or 3) you have no idea what you are supporting. All three are possible (and probable).

Hitler, Mussolini, Berlisconi, Luna da Silva, Peron... Are all example of people who came to power the same way - and were excused as buffoons all the way to taking control. (By the way, Trump looks so much like Mussolini that when I first got the pictures I didn't catch the substitution): [Linked Image from essenceoffascism.weebly.com]

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
veteran
veteran
Trump warns of 'riots' if he isn't GOP nominee
I do not know why some folks have taken this as something unique

Sen Cruz has warned his people that brokering the convention (meaning if the establishment writes him out) would be the end of the party .... one could say that was a toned down statement of riots within the party

one person has more vivid imagery than the other .... so the question is .... do you think the Cruzers would simply meekly walk out of a brokered convention?

ignorance is the enemy

veteran
veteran
I truly believe that Trump is far more dangerous than people credit.
If I were to consider each candidate individually, I would have concluded each was far more dangerous than people credit them.

My analysis is a comparison between the likely more successful candidates, Trump & Sen Cruz.

Trump is as you say and has been from day one. Conservatives say the media has been promoting him while I see the media has been trying to comprehend the incomprehensible i.e. your analysis. Bureaucracy will tame the beast.

Sen Cruz on the other hand from day one has made it clear he intends on dismantling the federal government. This includes not only removing a number of named departments but if he is an originalist probably all but the named departments mentioned in the Constitution. He has made it clear entitlements are headed for privatization. He has made it clear the apparent sole purpose of the federal government is to provide a military force for defense. He has made it clear Christian have more rights than other people. He has made it clear he sides with Israel which would include breaking the Iranian deal and probably allow and support Israeli unprovoked unilateral attacks on Iran which would coincide with his belief in the filling the tableau of the end times.

Sen Cruz has first hand knowledge of government and his agenda will have teeth. Trump would be like a clown in the center ring of a circus ... all show.

When I weigh these two possibilities, there is no doubt in my mind the person who has the agenda to actually destroy something and has the knowledge how to do it, is far more dangerous.

Let me add: Frank Gaffney was just named a foreign policy advisor for Sen Cruz .... if you do not think that is scary ... well ..... large hairy spiders

Last edited by rporter314; 03/17/16 04:03 PM. Reason: additional info

ignorance is the enemy

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
do you think the Cruzers would simply meekly walk out of a brokered convention?

They should call down the Power of God Himself, like they keep claiming they can.

deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by rporter314
do you think the Cruzers would simply meekly walk out of a brokered convention?
They should call down the Power of God Himself, like they keep claiming they can.
Rolling in the aisle, snake handling, speaking in tongues Seven Mountain Dominionists are like that. coffee

Contrarian, extraordinaire

L
veteran
veteran
L

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
What Should the Media Do When Donald Trump Blatantly Lies?
Donald Trump routinely lies, and the media lets him — why?
As communications professor Michelle Amazeen told The Daily Beast:

“The incentive for candidates [to lie] is that most media outlets don’t have the resources to check for accuracy immediately,” Amazeen said. “But since the U.S. news media is based on the commercial model—and more eyeballs on the page or the screen is good for business—the networks love it when someone like Donald Trump says outrageous stuff. Fact-checking rains on the parade of that revenue model.”

Another factor is the traditional media approach of emphasizing objectivity and artificial balance in news coverage—what James Carey at Columbia University calls “false equivalency” and New York University professor Jay Rosen refers to as “the View from Nowhere.” As media researcher Nikki Usher put it in a recent Medium post:
“The reporting is detached rather than a full-fledged and necessary assault on some of the worst racism we’ve ever heard from a national political figure. Trump is just making things up and no one is actually calling him on it directly in the name of objective reporting.

Trump has "perfected the outrageous untruth as a campaign tool," said Michael LaBossiere, a philosophy professor at Florida A&M University who studies theories of knowledge. "He makes a clearly false or even absurdly false claim, which draws the attention of the media. He then rides that wave until it comes time to call up another one."

PolitiFact has been documenting Trump’s statements on our Truth-O-Meter, where we’ve rated 76 percent of them Mostly False, False or Pants on Fire, out of 77 statements checked. No other politician has as many statements rated so far down on the dial.
2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump (And that was in 2015, before his campaign really took off!)

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Page 39 of 150 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 149 150

Link Copied to Clipboard