WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 193 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 192 193
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Broken Link: The Intercept
Hillary Clinton Super-Lobbyist Says “We’re Not Paid Enough,” Pans Obama Lobbying Reforms

Aww...poor baby political money whore - find a new line of work - one that is less sleazy. smile

Contrarian, extraordinaire

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
You heard it here first:

The GOP has decided to appear to back Trump all the while setting him up for a classic failure just by letting him talk. That way they can legitimately claim to simply rescue the party with a different candidate.

Well, maybe not first
What does that mean? The Donald HAS his 1273 delegates. Hmm

pdx rick #288670 06/04/16 11:41 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
You heard it here first:

The GOP has decided to appear to back Trump all the while setting him up for a classic failure just by letting him talk. That way they can legitimately claim to simply rescue the party with a different candidate.

Well, maybe not first
What does that mean? The Donald HAS his 1273 delegates. Hmm

I think what it means, Rick, is that the RNC bosses are waiting for the Donald to self-destruct. Something we've all be waiting (hoping) for but hasn't happened yet. I believe that it is within the realm of possibility given his cry-baby temperament. Obviously, the campaign is going to get ugly once Hillary is the presumptive nominee - he'll have Bernie and Hillary and the rest of the Dems concentrating only on him.
I've got my popcorn ready for the spectacle. grin

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #288672 06/04/16 12:20 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think we got a flavor of the tenor of the general election campaign in Trump's response to the judge in the California Trump university case. The public, which really hasn't been paying attention, will learn just what a racist, misogynist, pampered, bully Trump really is. He is an odious creature. What he doesn't realize is that people have been entertained by his performance, but that the Presidency isn't the place where they are comfortable with buffoonery. Real issues are going to be raised about his taxes, his constant lies, and his mistreatment of anyone who crosses him.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm posting this because it's hilarious, not to bash Sanders supporters:
If Sanders supporters complained about other things the way they complain about election results
. E.g.:
SCRABBLE:
I played exactly the same word as my opponent, using exactly the same letters, and received fewer points for it — just because I wasn’t on some pink square, which my opponent claimed gave you DOUBLE the points. Pretty sure that’s the definition of rigged. Why would you just randomly have squares all over the board that counted for MORE or FEWER points when it’s just the same words? Also my opponent had two BLANK tiles, which just got to be WHATEVER letters she wanted. This seems made-up. Milton Bradley are shills who are trying to prevent the revolution. Also, “BERN” is totally a word.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Scoutgal #288677 06/04/16 01:58 PM
old hand
old hand
I wouldn't be surprised if Trump ramps up his maniacal behavior in the hopes that the Republicans take him out of the race. I've always had the sneaking suspicion that he was in it for the notoriety and press coverage rather than actually being a candidate.
Goldwater was a bigoted SOB but he did want to be president. Trump seems to be putting on yet another show. At some point the curtain will fall.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #288679 06/04/16 02:50 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think Trump will "ramp up" his behavior for a different reason: it hasn't had a downside, yet. He's gotten away with such boorish behavior because there haven't been any negative effects that he has felt. He has always behaved with impunity and it has harmed innumerable other people, but has never redounded to him. And, even when he loses, he blames others. He only accepts responsibility for successes.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Two more bits of election trivia: Clinton Will Likely Clinch The Democratic Nomination In New Jersey

Sanders would need to win 68 percent of the remaining elected delegates to take a pledged delegate lead, and both the polls and demographics point to his defeat in the two largest delegate prizes remaining, California and New Jersey.
and
Watch CNN's Jake Tapper Grill Trump Over His Racist Attacks On Federal Judge

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
I think we got a flavor of the tenor of the general election campaign in Trump's response to the judge in the California Trump university case. The public, which really hasn't been paying attention, will learn just what a racist, misogynist, pampered, bully Trump really is. He is an odious creature. What he doesn't realize is that people have been entertained by his performance, but that the Presidency isn't the place where they are comfortable with buffoonery. Real issues are going to be raised about his taxes, his constant lies, and his mistreatment of anyone who crosses him.
I wanted The Donald to be the GOP nominee just to watch it all blow-up in the Rethuglicowns faces. I'll be eating a lot of popcorn between now and November. smile

CHB-OG
CHB-OG
He has always behaved with impunity and it has harmed innumerable other people...
Oh how Citizens United of you NW_P. Now you're humanizing polticial Rethugliclowns? coffee

Page 72 of 193 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 192 193

Link Copied to Clipboard