WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 67 of 150 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 149 150
Ezekiel #289503 07/02/16 05:45 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
I keep wondering (hoping) when they are going to slap the cuffs on him.
And, of course, they aren't going to. The Trump acolytes, the TEA Partiers, the teeming right wing masses, are the children of Reagan who believe that "I'm from the government and I'm here to help" are the most frightening words in the English language. They hate government, they hate laws that get in the way of their ideology. They even hate their own party enough to supplant more qualified candidates with the likes of Trump in the hopes that he will, once and for all, destroy the government they hate and fear so much. Not that they were given much choice, not a single Republican hopeful in this election was genuinely qualified to be president, so why not Trump. He did, after all, say the things they wanted to hear even if he was lying through his teeth the whole time.
Trump, to them, is simply not accountable for his actions, past or present. He was simply doing the same things they would have done if they were in his(expensive Italian) shoes. Cutting throats, stabbing backs, raping children, and trampling anyone or anything that got in his way.
To them this is what makes America Great.
Handcuffs? Pffffft...put a crown on his head and kowtow to the one who will take this country where they want it to be.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Ezekiel #289505 07/02/16 06:02 PM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
You're confusing his supporters with the government they all hate so much. The government - of any party of the two major ones - does not want the likes of Trump near any position of power. They might want to discredit and embarass him.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #289523 07/03/16 10:46 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Wait, he seems to do that all by his little self:

Donald Trump on Saturday deleted a tweet critical of Hillary Clinton after he came under fire for evoking anti-Semitic stereotypes with a graphic that included dollar bills and a six-pointed star.

Before deleting the original tweet, which also contained the words "most corrupt candidate ever," the presumptive Republican nominee tweeted the same graphic with a tweak: a circle instead of a six-pointed star, which evokes the Jewish Star of David.
The Trump campaign did not respond to requests for comment about the decision to use a six-pointed star and whether they were concerned about the potential for the imagery to evoke anti-Semitic undertones.
But the backlash on Twitter was immediate.
"A Star of David, a pile of cash, and suggestions of corruption. Donald Trump again plays to the white supremacists," said Erick Erickson, a leading anti-Trump conservative.

CNN

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #289524 07/03/16 10:51 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Donald Trump used money donated for charity to buy himself a Tim Tebow-signed football helmet

Trump won, eventually, with a bid of $12,000. Afterward, he posed with the helmet. His purchase made gossip-column news: a flourish of generosity, by a mogul with money to burn. "The Donald giveth, and The Donald payeth," wrote the Palm Beach Daily News. "Blessed be the name of The Donald."

But Trump didn't actually pay with his own money.

Instead, the Susan G. Komen organization — the breast-cancer nonprofit that hosted the party — got a $12,000 payment from another nonprofit , the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Trump himself sent no money. (In fact, a Komen spokeswoman said, Trump has never given a personal gift of cash to the Komen organization.) He paid the bill with money from a charity he founded in 1987, but which is largely stocked with other people's money. Trump is the foundation's president. But, at the time of the auction, Trump had given none of his own money to the foundation for three years running.

WaPo

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #289553 07/04/16 08:37 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Just as a side note. the Susan G. Komen organization pretty much sucks as well. Their spending breakdown is terrible, and the CEO (Susan's sister) takes home $684,000/year in salary!

Ezekiel #289633 07/05/16 08:18 PM
K
old hand
old hand
K
Interesting article that (at least for me) sheds some light upon Mr. Trumps fans and his allure to them:

Yet a common thread among Trump’s faithful, even among those whose individual circumstances remain unspoiled, is that they hail from broken communities. These are places where good jobs are impossible to come by. Where people have lost their faith and abandoned the churches of their parents and grandparents. Where the death rates of poor white people go up even as the death rates of all other groups go down. Where too many young people spend their days stoned instead of working and learning.

Link

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I liked this part:
Yet so long as people rely on that quick high, so long as wolves point their fingers at everyone but themselves, the nation delays a necessary reckoning. There is no self-reflection in the midst of a false euphoria. Trump is cultural heroin. He makes some feel better for a bit. But he cannot fix what ails them, and one day they’ll realize it.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No, they'll never realize it because he will lose and will never get the chance to fail spectacularly and find himself impeached by his own party.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Ezekiel #289652 07/06/16 10:02 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Wayne Barrett has been following Trump for decades, and his book has been updated in spite of Wayne's failing health.
If you want to see why this criminal should be in jail, read this book.

Wayne Barrett began covering Donald Trump in the late 1970s. He continues today even though he is largely homebound due to lung cancer. "He’s really not qualified to run the Trump Organization. He’s not fit to run the Trump Organization. So he’s certainly not fit to run America,” Barrett said. "I think he represents not just a danger to America, but because we are such an influence in the world, it’s really a shocking threat to the world. And so, you know, I’m in a sick bed a lot, but he gets me up out of it."

Trump by Wayne Barrett

The new updated edition is available in e-book format:

e-book

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #289718 07/08/16 12:26 PM
L
veteran
veteran
L
In reading an article about Trump's run-in with Jeff Flake, while ostensibly on a mission to "unite" the GOP behind him, it occurred to me that The Donald will only degrade as a viable candidate from here on out. While he had very little in the way of a substantial platform during the primaries, he will now have progressively less.

His greatness has been affirmed by the nomination and the foremost task for his narcissistic self is now to protect his greatness against his enemies, many of whom are Republicans. Since he has no advisors except himself, and no campaign strategy or team, I expect his behavior to shift almost entirely to attacking his detractors. (Maybe that's not really a shift?)

In any case, the necessary pivot for him, as a contender, to real issues and to appearing Presidential, is not going to happen.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Page 67 of 150 1 2 65 66 67 68 69 149 150

Link Copied to Clipboard