WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 71 of 150 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 149 150
K
old hand
old hand
K
What Trump excels at is that he knows in his gut how his supporters feel about a given subject. Mexicans are steeling our jobs and the rest are criminals; build a wall. Affirmative Action is reverse discrimination; Pocahontas. All Muslims are bad people; a complete shutdown. Obama hates all police and should never have been elected president anyway; body language.

The list goes on for miles but one gets the picture. I am not sure if this “talent” of his is instinctual or is he has advisors scouring polls and telling him the hot button issues for the talk radio crowd and extreme right internet gangs. What ever it is it seems to be working for him as all important, nuanced, and difficult subjects can be distilled to its essence with a whip like one liner.

Yet I have often wondered what he really thinks about anything other than effective self promotion that might get him into the White House. Where he truly belongs.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Ezekiel #289996 07/18/16 10:27 PM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Mysterious Fires Plague Williamsburg Condo Building Owned By Trump's Son-In-Law

Why is it that this does not surprise me?????

Residents of a high-priced apartment building in Williamsburg are gripped with paranoia following a series of mysterious fires that management is blaming on a resident pyromaniac. The block-long rental building, 184 Kent Avenue, is a century-old warehouse that Jared Kushner, a real estate developer and Donald Trump's son-in-law, bought for $275 million and started converting to condos last April, along with Asher Abehsera's unfortunately monikered LIVWRK and the Boston private equity firm Rockpoint Group.
There's a snag in the condo conversion process, though: previous owner, Jason Halpern's JMH Development, was building condo apartments in the former Austin, Nichols & Co. wholesale grocery distribution center just after the 2008 economic collapse, and amid the fallout, switched to marketing them as luxury rentals. In the process, the company applied for a tax abatement through a program called J51, which made the apartments rent-stabilized until 2025, and thus harder to empty for would-be buyers.
One resident who moved into the building two years ago and, like most tenants we spoke to, asked to remain anonymous out of fear of retribution, said that after Kushner and friend bought the building, many tenants had their rent increased by $400 or $500. This was possible thanks to a loophole in the lease that they had overlooked, which deemed their previous rent preferential, a legal term for a rent-stabilized rate that is below what could technically be charged. A one-bedroom in the building last year rented for $3,500.

The Gothamist

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #289997 07/19/16 12:23 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Last-Ditch Rebellion Against Donald Trump Fails

CLEVELAND ― Chaos erupted on the floor of the Republican National Convention Monday as fervent opponents of Donald Trump fought and lost an ugly, public rebellion to derail him.

New Hampshire delegate Gordon Humphrey, who has been working with the Delegates Unbound and Free the Delegates groups, tried to force party leaders on Monday to approve their rules for the convention on a roll-call vote, rather than a voice vote as is normally done.

The idea was that with a public roll call, a majority of delegates might defect.

“Donald Trump is so ignorant of anything that he hasn’t a clue what is going on here in general or in detail,” said Humphrey, a former senator who backed Ohio Gov. John Kasich during the primary season.

The bid for a roll-call vote failed, but caused an ugly moment in Trump’s march to the nomination.
(Source)

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Ezekiel #290000 07/19/16 09:38 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
It is well worth the 20 bucks that I owe the G-man to watch these pigs explode in public.

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290002 07/19/16 11:08 AM
Here's a nice collection of Trump lies misspeaks.

Just a Missouri school teacher ... stubborn as a mule and addicted to logic.
Ezekiel #290005 07/19/16 01:36 PM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
THE NEW FACE OF THE GOP

— Roger Stone, longtime confidant and informal adviser to Donald Trump, removed his all-access convention credentials and ascended the stage at Citizens for Trump’s America First Unity Rally on Monday afternoon.

Stone, wearing a yellow linen suit, white saddle shoes and suspenders, explained that he was late because “I had some meetings that I had to conclude over at the Westin with members of the Trump staff.”

And what did this boastful Trump consigliere, fresh from his meeting with Trump aides, wish to impart on this first day of the GOP convention?

He wished to revisit the Vince Foster murder conspiracy. “They told us that he died in Fort Marcy Park and his body was found 50 yards down a muddy trail,” Stone said of the Clinton family friend and aide who killed himself 23 years ago. “But there was no mud or dirt on his shoes. . . . There was carpet fiber all over his body because they rolled him in a carpet. Hillary Clinton ordered a guy named Sullivan and a guy named Kennedy, her hoodlums, her thugs, [to] move his body.”

Welcome to the Donald Trump Republican National Convention.

WaPo

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290006 07/19/16 04:01 PM
Is it just me, or did anybody else think some of the speakers had been drinking>

Just a Missouri school teacher ... stubborn as a mule and addicted to logic.
K
old hand
old hand
K
a nice collection of Trump lies misspeaks
But for his fans none of that matters. They want to believe everything he says is true, therefore it is true. Anyone who might dispute the vomit that spews from Trump’s mouth is simply a lying liberal.

And that’s that.

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Donald Trump Formally Nominated For President
Donald Trump made his hostile takeover of the Republican Party official Tuesday, with convention delegates casting their votes to make a bombastic, thrice-married New Yorker with a checkered business history their choice for president.

Trump earned the 1,237 bound delegates necessary to secure the party’s nomination in early June. The chairs of each state delegation expressed their vote totals and support for Trump in a roll call vote during the second day of the Republican National Convention.

I PM'd the mailing address, cash check or money order will do nicely, it all spends the same.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Greger #290034 07/20/16 03:45 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Greger
Donald Trump Formally Nominated For President
Donald Trump made his hostile takeover of the Republican Party official Tuesday, with convention delegates casting their votes to make a bombastic, thrice-married New Yorker with a checkered business history their choice for president.

Trump earned the 1,237 bound delegates necessary to secure the party’s nomination in early June. The chairs of each state delegation expressed their vote totals and support for Trump in a roll call vote during the second day of the Republican National Convention.

I PM'd the mailing address, cash check or money order will do nicely, it all spends the same.
Duly noted.

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Page 71 of 150 1 2 69 70 71 72 73 149 150

Link Copied to Clipboard