WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 73 of 150 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 149 150
Ezekiel #290102 07/21/16 10:11 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Exactly, my friend. The shortened version (which most people know) is, frankly, inaccurate.

The reason I think it applies to Trump is that he is just like those other tyrants, other autocrats, other strongmen through history.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Exactly, my friend. The shortened version (which most people know) is, frankly, inaccurate.

The reason I think it applies to Trump is that he is just like those other tyrants, other autocrats, other strongmen through history.

He certainly fits the bill !!

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290119 07/22/16 10:01 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Twinks for Trump

Where the hell is Rick when we need him most! I'd love to hear his comments on this aberration of humanity.

Even after I’d passed through the press check-in, where the list ran six or seven pages, even after I’d passed through a security check and gotten in the elevator at the Wolstein Center in downtown Cleveland, there was still a part of me that was still sure the Wake Up! party — billed as "the most fab party at the RNC" — was a hoax. The party invitation seemed absurd. Beneath a banner illustration dominated by a superhero Donald Trump, the party invitation sketched out a call for a new gay Islamophobia. ("As gay Americans, we could no longer stay silent about a barbaric ideology," the invitation read. "p.s. It’s a known fact that gays throw the best convention parties.")The speaker list included legendary Muslim-basher Pamela Geller, Dutch politician and preeminent European hatemonger Geert Wilders, and gay-fascist provocateur fameball Milo Yiannopoulos. Photography and artwork were to be supplied by Lucian Wintrich, the man behind Twinks for Trump .

Village Voice

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290120 07/22/16 10:21 AM
Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Donald Trump’s creepy fascist infomercial

The truths of religion are not the same as the truths of daily life. Faith has to get you through the day with the promise that things will improve. It does not have to withstand strict logical scrutiny. It can be an article of faith that something is two contradictory things at once. There is a hidden logic to its incoherency. It coheres because it offers a single system for fixing everything that ails you. It answers all your woes. It fits all complaints. Just like Donald Trump. Everything he touches with his hands — which are the correct size — he cures, or at least turns to gold-colored brass.

Donald Trump is selling America a miracle juicer. The juicer is Donald Trump. It is orange and it will never let you down. If you order now, Donald Trump will send you another one free.

WaPo

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290141 07/22/16 04:20 PM
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
[Linked Image from image.cleveland.com]

Here Comes the Trump Sun

Donald Trump speaks out in support of the LGBTQ community in a campaign speech but picks one of the most notorious anti-gay politicians in American history as his running mate. Word on the street says that Mike Pence will basically be the one making policy, not America's billionaire CEO President.
The pattern should be clear to even the most soggy-foggy layabout.

Trump intends to massage the surface to a moist pink glow while continuing to chew through every layer beneath in his quest for power and he will use any termite, any cockroach, any rat to do it for him.

He will express his love of the gay community while Mike Pence railroads more bathroom laws and religious freedom themed anti-gay laws through Congress. He will promise tariffs against countries that don't give our industries respect while Mike Pence makes sure outsourcers and free trade agreements get fast track approval and more tax cuts.

And he will build "that wall" to fulfill his promise to choke back illegal immigration, and when it fails to do so, Mike Pence will scold America for not thanking Herr Trump for "ALL THE JOBS it created", despite the fact that, given Trump's past record, 95% of those jobs will be given to hastily imported foreign laborers who are paid wages which should be considered criminal.

Do we not sense a pattern here? Is the drug being injected into the veins of our conscience so strong that we are comfortably numb?

That guitar in the Republican logo did softly weep to George Harrison's "Here Comes the Sun".
But it appears that the Trump Sun has blinded the American perception of sham.

Yes, Trump really does own the Sun, and if you don't believe it, Mike Pence's new laws that penalize solar electric owners will prove it in short order. We must prolong our coal addiction.

We should despise sham and be able to spot it in a minute.
Doctor my eyes, tell me what you see, I hear their cries.
Just say if it's too late for me.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Ezekiel #290148 07/22/16 04:52 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Twinks for Trump

Where the hell is Rick when we need him most! I'd love to hear his comments on this aberration of humanity.
What can I say? Some boys have a thing for rich "daddies." It's almost like a turkey that can't wait to be the Thanksgiving meal. It must be low self-esteem. Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Ezekiel Offline OP
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by pdx rick
Twinks for Trump

What can I say? Some boys have a thing for rich "daddies." It's almost like a turkey that can't wait to be the Thanksgiving meal. It must be low self-esteem. Hmm

It's so weird. That is not voting against your interests - it is begging to be sent to a concentration camp.

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290151 07/22/16 05:04 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
It's so weird. That is not voting against your interests - it is begging to be sent to a concentration camp.
These twinks support the same GOP that has put opposition to same-sex marriage in every single platform since 1992. It is the same GOP whose members have been trying to outlaw trans people pooping since they first found out about trans people existing. It is the same GOP that just, on the anniversary of the Orlando shooting, proposed legislation that would make it legal for government employees and government contractors to discriminate against LGBT people.

It's the same GOP that has consistently helped to elect candidates who not only do not want gays to have any rights, but who also would like to see gays burn in a pit of fire for all eternity. It is the GOP of Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, Ted Cruz, Sarah Palin, Jim DeMint, Bobby Jindal, Rick Perry, George W. Bush, Todd Akin et cetera ad infinitum. It is the party that has repeatedly compared their desire to marry the person they love to someone wanting to screw a dog.

...and some twinks are really into gas masks and German-style S&M apparently. Hmm

Ezekiel #290153 07/22/16 05:10 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hey! Don't hate on Germans...

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
Ezekiel #290154 07/22/16 05:11 PM
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Twinks for Trump also think that GOP Nominee Donald Trump is actually super awesome about things when it comes to gay rights and that the GOP should follow in his footsteps.

Yeah, Donald Trump sure is GREAT on LGBT rights. Except for the fact that he has said that those rights should be left to the states, so that bigots can have a say in whether or not gays get to have them or not. Seems only fair! Hmm

Page 73 of 150 1 2 71 72 73 74 75 149 150

Link Copied to Clipboard