WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 193 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 192 193
Scoutgal #290287 07/25/16 01:42 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
This is an interesting article that looks into why so many people despise Hillary:

Why Do People Hate Hillary Clinton So Much

Marianne Cooper, a sociologist at Stanford’s Clayman Institute for Gender Research and the lead researcher on Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In, says that women who are successful in areas that are culturally coded as male are typically seen as “abrasive, conniving, not trustworthy, and selfish.”

What’s happening to Clinton, says Cooper, “happens to a lot of women. There are millions of people who will say about another woman: She’s really good at her job, I just don’t like her. They think they’re making an objective evaluation, but when we look at the broader analysis, there is a pattern to the bias.”

Ezekiel #290289 07/25/16 02:01 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Originally Posted by rporter314
unreliable & MoE optimism .... sounds like the key buzzwords

coin toss within the MoE sans any optimism

One more time, with verve!

Coin toss = 1/2 probability. (Vide J.H.S Maths)

Hillary 58.3% chance of winning
Trump 41.7% chance of winning
Watch this space.

A well reasoned argument is like a diamond: impervious to corruption and crystal clear - and infinitely rarer.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
This is an interesting article that looks into why so many people despise Hillary:

Why Do People Hate Hillary Clinton So Much

Marianne Cooper, a sociologist at Stanford’s Clayman Institute for Gender Research and the lead researcher on Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In, says that women who are successful in areas that are culturally coded as male are typically seen as “abrasive, conniving, not trustworthy, and selfish.”

What’s happening to Clinton, says Cooper, “happens to a lot of women. There are millions of people who will say about another woman: She’s really good at her job, I just don’t like her. They think they’re making an objective evaluation, but when we look at the broader analysis, there is a pattern to the bias.”

Here we go again. Women don't need this happy horsehyte to demand and receive respect. I have known plenty of women who were true leaders , who commanded respect from men and women alike , and didn't need any excuse for it. They were respected because anyone could see they deserved respect. These are things one earns, and as such, do not need some condescending nonsense in order to be attained.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
Originally Posted by rporter314
unreliable & MoE optimism .... sounds like the key buzzwords

coin toss within the MoE sans any optimism

One more time, with verve!

Coin toss = 1/2 probability. (Vide J.H.S Maths)

Hillary 58.3% chance of winning
Trump 41.7% chance of winning
Watch this space.

I am hoping this differential will increase in months to come. It was once 70/26. The Kaine appointment didn't help and the Republican convention may have caused a bump for Trump.
Now the Democratic convention may have a similar effect.

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #290292 07/25/16 02:12 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I've asked a lot of Hillary haters why. A VERY few have a substantial reason based on something she actually did. (And Zeke, you are one of these few.)

From one of the posts to the above article:
I've personally noticed that the more frothing at the mouth someone is about Hillary Clinton, the less likely they are to cite a real reason based in reality for why. There's something visceral, emotional, and personal that people don't like about her that stokes that level of hatred.

old hand
old hand
I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I've asked a lot of Hillary haters why. A VERY few have a substantial reason based on something she actually did. (And Zeke, you are one of these few.)

From one of the posts to the above article:
I've personally noticed that the more frothing at the mouth someone is about Hillary Clinton, the less likely they are to cite a real reason based in reality for why. There's something visceral, emotional, and personal that people don't like about her that stokes that level of hatred.

I can see why. There can be a dose of misogyny, but I think even among women who dislike Hillary, it is something that she exudes, it has that sales aspect to it, a sort of slickness that raises peoples hackles with respect to her true intentions. There is a natural distrust of any salesperson - you immediately feel they are trying to sell you something that is in their interest and not yours.

I also think most people become too personally involved in the election process. You know, the old, oh yeah, someone I'd like to have a beer with (as if that were a reason to vote for someone).
Obama - in spite of being African American - exuded trust and earnestness. She did/does not. Hence, he won the nomination even though she was the "favorite" at the start.

Bernie's ascension in the primaries was due to the same sensation.
You also note that Elizabeth Warren does not have that same level of rejection - so it's not [only] the fact that she is a woman.

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290300 07/25/16 02:52 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There is a natural distrust of any salesperson - you immediately feel they are trying to sell you something that is in their interest and not yours.
So where is the natural distrust of Trump? Republican voters are eating up his sales pitch.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Greger #290301 07/25/16 02:59 AM
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Greger
There is a natural distrust of any salesperson - you immediately feel they are trying to sell you something that is in their interest and not yours.
So where is the natural distrust of Trump? Republican voters are eating up his sales pitch.

Have you been sleeping? He has higher negatives than Clinton.

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #290307 07/25/16 04:16 AM
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Apparently it is just on TV that Clinton has this problem. People who have disliked her and then met her usually come away with a totally different impression. Maybe she just isn't photogenic!

I would suggest she mostly use radio and inspirational still images on the internet.

old hand
old hand
Apparently it is just on TV that Clinton has this problem. People who have disliked her and then met her usually come away with a totally different impression. Maybe she just isn't photogenic!

I would suggest she mostly use radio and inspirational still images on the internet.

How many voters have actually met her? ROTFMOL

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Page 102 of 193 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 192 193

Link Copied to Clipboard