WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 121 of 193 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 192 193
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
...the very behavior that signifies a FAILED LIBERAL, the release of the inner fascist...
What? Hmm

You're getting your political ideologies mixed up:

[Linked Image from i1308.photobucket.com]

Contrarian, extraordinaire

old hand
old hand
Ajamu Baraka, Jill Stein's running mate.

The Green Party's New VP Candidate

It starts with his condemnation of the still warm corpse of Muhammed Ali and spirals downward in a dour, armband-wearing display of the very behavior that signifies a FAILED LIBERAL, the release of the inner fascist.
This fellow is a textbook 3%-er true believer, a fractuous and vituperative malcontent who never met a human being or a political philosophy he wasn't offended by.

Not sure why failed liberal?
The guy sounds lost in a time that he thinks existed but never really did. It's not even extreme, it's delusional.
Sure he'll make a good impression on the Birkenstock crowd LOL
But I agree with him on the Ali thing: The only person less fitting to speak at Ali's funeral might have been Trump. Clinton is very far from someone who understood and agreed with Ali's activism.
Also, Beoyonce giving a nod to the Panthers smacks of corporate BS, I wouldn't argue with that.
The rest of his rants sound crazy

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290928 08/06/16 09:51 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So the dude's totally bonkers. Fits right in with the Green Party.

Meanwhile, Nate Silver's Nowcast has Hillary at 92.5% if the election were held today. That's a number I'm comfortable with.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Ezekiel #290929 08/06/16 10:04 PM
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
But I agree with him on the Ali thing: The only person less fitting to speak at Ali's funeral might have been Trump. Clinton is very far from someone who understood and agreed with Ali's activism.

This requires more than just a general rehash about Clinton's political overtures but rather, it asks that you supply something that spotlights her as being against Ali's activism specifically.
Now, if you're focusing exclusively on his early activities with Elijah Muhammed I would be forced to remind you that he soundly rejected NOI shortly after the death of Malcolm X, who died BECAUSE HE rejected NOI as well.
In fact, Ali said that not having reconciled with Malcolm X after his epiphany was one of his greatest regrets.
Ali and X had very complicated political evolutions which defy the broad brush.

Also, Beoyonce giving a nod to the Panthers smacks of corporate BS, I wouldn't argue with that.
The rest of his rants sound crazy

I am forced to assume you are referencing The New Black Panther Party. If not, and you are instead referencing the original group, then it means you don't know a lot about the original Black Panthers or their activism, none of which would be considered corporate at all. Nor would appropriating their symbolism be considered corporate.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
pdx rick #290930 08/06/16 10:14 PM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick
...the very behavior that signifies a FAILED LIBERAL, the release of the inner fascist...
What? Hmm

You're getting your political ideologies mixed up:

[Linked Image from i1308.photobucket.com]

No, I am not getting my ideologies mixed up, the young naive campus lefties are. Rick, you're one of the few who recognize the political failure that occurs when one releases their inner fascist so you of all people should recognize the cognitive dissonance of the radical campus lefties. The reason they ARE failed liberals is that their would be affinity for liberal belief systems run up against their desire to impose fascism upon their opponents and the inner fascist wins, and their beliefs in liberal values collapses.

That is why almost ALL the current crop of Reagan era neocons all started out as radical campus lefties. They failed as liberals and rush to the arms of conservatism, could not jive with the personal freedoms espoused by them and tried to invent this illegitimate baby called "neo-conservatism" which is just campus lefty radicalism's nuts and bolts driving a right wing ideology.

HORSESHOE THEORY

The horseshoe theory in political science asserts that rather than the far left and the far right being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, they in fact closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe.

You might say that the majority of screaming radical campus lefties very quickly "jump the ends of the horseshoe" and their minds catch up after their emotional maturity sets in, but that is almost always accompanied by a sort of amnesia which allows them to pretend that ALL liberalism is as they once saw it, which justifies their wild accusations which they level at liberals, or "libtards" as they like to say.

deepfreezefilms.com
Greger #290931 08/06/16 10:15 PM
veteran
veteran
and ipsos dipsos says they are within 3 points .... the MoE

i like Mr Trumps idea .... a rigged election

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

old hand
old hand
This requires more than just a general rehash about Clinton's political overtures but rather, it asks that you supply something that spotlights her as being against Ali's activism specifically.
Now, if you're focusing exclusively on his early activities with Elijah Muhammed I would be forced to remind you that he soundly rejected NOI shortly after the death of Malcolm X, who died BECAUSE HE rejected NOI as well.
In fact, Ali said that not having reconciled with Malcolm X after his epiphany was one of his greatest regrets.

I am forced to assume you are referencing The New Black Panther Party. If not, and you are instead referencing the original group, then it means you don't know a lot about the original Black Panthers or their activism, none of which would be considered corporate at all. Nor would appropriating their symbolism be considered corporate.

Did you actually read the post? Hmm

1) I was referring to BILL CLINTON (you know the guy who read the eulogy) rolleyes Nothing to do with NOI - ALI'S CIVIL RIGHTS AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE ADVOCACY that does not jive with Bill Clinton's Neo liberal policy. Missed my point entirely.

2) Again - my point was BEYONCE's co-opting of the ORIGINAL Panthers at the super-bowl was corporate, not the Panthers themselves, of which I was a member! rolleyes Yes, appropriating the symbols of the movement without understanding it smacks of corporatism.

Please read with care.

So, why a failed liberal? Don't get it.

Last edited by Ezekiel; 08/06/16 10:34 PM.

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

old hand
old hand
HORSESHOE THEORY

The horseshoe theory in political science asserts that rather than the far left and the far right being at opposite and opposing ends of a linear political continuum, they in fact closely resemble one another, much like the ends of a horseshoe.

I think they misspelled the theory - it was originally HORSESHYTE THEORY ROTFMOL
A failed attempt at classifying political systems in order to justify the status quo.

In the mathematics of chaos theory, a horseshoe map is any member of a class of chaotic maps of the square into itself. It is a core example in the study of dynamical systems. The map was introduced by Stephen Smale while studying the behavior of the orbits of the van der Pol oscillator. The action of the map is defined geometrically by squishing the square, then stretching the result into a long strip, and finally folding the strip into the shape of a horseshoe.

Most points eventually leave the square under the action of the map. They go to the side caps where they will, under iteration, converge to a fixed point in one of the caps. The points that remain in the square under repeated iteration form a fractal set and are part of the invariant set of the map.

Or maybe it was this horseshoe they were thinking of? idea

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290936 08/07/16 01:18 AM
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Administrator
Bionic Scribe
Just wanted to drop in and put into the mix that labels always divide, that is their purpose, and we are all humans in essence and reality.

Continue ......

Life is a banquet -- and most poor suckers are starving to death -- Auntie Mame
You are born naked and everything else is drag - RuPaul
Ezekiel #290937 08/07/16 01:43 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Did you actually read the post? Hmm

1) I was referring to BILL CLINTON (you know the guy who read the eulogy) rolleyes Nothing to do with NOI - ALI'S CIVIL RIGHTS AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE ADVOCACY that does not jive with Bill Clinton's Neo liberal policy. Missed my point entirely.

2) Again - my point was BEYONCE's co-opting of the ORIGINAL Panthers at the super-bowl was corporate, not the Panthers themselves, of which I was a member! rolleyes Yes, appropriating the symbols of the movement without understanding it smacks of corporatism.

Please read with care.

So, why a failed liberal? Don't get it.

I read it carefully, and if you read Baraka's screeds, then you know that he has turned it into a help wanted poster for his ridiculous campaign, so I sneer at his attempt to turn Bubba into an imperialist enemy of blackdom just because he doesn't jive with Far Left tropes.
I know you love Jill Stein and I know you're considerably farther left than I am but please consider that Stein is already pretty far left as it is and instead of choosing a moderating influence, she went farther out on the fringe.

If he doesn't seem fringe to you, then I guess we have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for Beyonce, you can call it corporate appropriation of Panther symbols if you want or you can call it Beyonce paying homage, whatever suits your fancy or your agenda.

I wager most people, most who weren't far right anyway, took it as net positive. Leave it to you to turn it into a negative.

Some people are offended BY ABSOLUTELY EVERY. THING.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 121 of 193 1 2 119 120 121 122 123 192 193

Link Copied to Clipboard