WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 122 of 193 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 192 193
Scoutgal #290938 08/07/16 01:45 AM
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
PS: You are doing a bangup job of proving the horseshoe theory.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Schlack #290939 08/07/16 01:45 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Schlack
Originally Posted by pdx rick
This campaign season is a college professor's gold strike. They have enough material that will fill their syllabuses for an entire term. Heck, I'll will go as far as to suggest that Trump will be a political science topic all on its own. smile

The only way Trump would get a whole chapter is if he wins. So its hopefully a punctuation mark. The period that marks the end of the GOP Southern Strategy 1964-2016.

Not the end of the Republican party, but the end of this version of the GOP

Wow, good call!
Spot on, mate.

deepfreezefilms.com
Ezekiel #290940 08/07/16 01:48 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
In the mathematics of chaos theory, a horseshoe map is any member of a class of chaotic maps of the square into itself. It is a core example in the study of dynamical systems. The map was introduced by Stephen Smale while studying the behavior of the orbits of the van der Pol oscillator. The action of the map is defined geometrically by squishing the square, then stretching the result into a long strip, and finally folding the strip into the shape of a horseshoe.

Most points eventually leave the square under the action of the map. They go to the side caps where they will, under iteration, converge to a fixed point in one of the caps. The points that remain in the square under repeated iteration form a fractal set and are part of the invariant set of the map.

Or maybe mixing physics with politics is a dead end right from the start. We are not particles, we are people.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Phil Hoskins
Just wanted to drop in and put into the mix that labels always divide, that is their purpose, and we are all humans in essence and reality.

Continue ......

Nevertheless while I grant you everything, quantifying behavioral tendencies is the standard method of classification.
People who like hunting do not generally go to vegan restaurants.

deepfreezefilms.com
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
This requires more than just a general rehash about Clinton's political overtures but rather, it asks that you supply something that spotlights her as being against Ali's activism specifically.
Now, if you're focusing exclusively on his early activities with Elijah Muhammed I would be forced to remind you that he soundly rejected NOI shortly after the death of Malcolm X, who died BECAUSE HE rejected NOI as well.
In fact, Ali said that not having reconciled with Malcolm X after his epiphany was one of his greatest regrets.
Ali and X had very complicated political evolutions which defy the broad brush.

I am forced to assume you are referencing The New Black Panther Party. If not, and you are instead referencing the original group, then it means you don't know a lot about the original Black Panthers or their activism, none of which would be considered corporate at all. Nor would appropriating their symbolism be considered corporate.

Did you actually read the post? Hmm

1) I was referring to BILL CLINTON (you know the guy who read the eulogy) rolleyes Nothing to do with NOI - ALI'S CIVIL RIGHTS AND ECONOMIC JUSTICE ADVOCACY that does not jive with Bill Clinton's Neo liberal policy. Missed my point entirely.

2) Again - my point was BEYONCE's co-opting of the ORIGINAL Panthers at the super-bowl was corporate, not the Panthers themselves, of which I was a member! rolleyes Yes, appropriating the symbols of the movement without understanding it smacks of corporatism.

Please read with care.

So, why a failed liberal? Don't get it.

I read it carefully, and if you read Baraka's screeds, then you know that he has turned it into a help wanted poster for his ridiculous campaign, so I sneer at his attempt to turn Bubba into an imperialist enemy of blackdom just because he doesn't jive with Far Left tropes.
I know you love Jill Stein and I know you're considerably farther left than I am but please consider that Stein is already pretty far left as it is and instead of choosing a moderating influence, she went farther out on the fringe.

If he doesn't seem fringe to you, then I guess we have to agree to disagree on that one.

As for Beyonce, you can call it corporate appropriation of Panther symbols if you want or you can call it Beyonce paying homage, whatever suits your fancy or your agenda.

I wager most people, most who weren't far right anyway, took it as net positive. Leave it to you to turn it into a negative.

Some people are offended BY ABSOLUTELY EVERY. THING.

Apparently again you didn't read my post.
1) I don't like Jill Stein- never said I did.
2) I called the guy crazy - so clearly I don't support him or her.
3) Fringe is what exactly? Everything that doesn't suit you?
4) I'm not offended by anything except ignorance.
5) Bill is a neo liberal per his policies - not opinion. Do the research.
6) Beyonce is someone who doesn't understand what the panthers were about.

"The liberals can understand everything but people who don't understand them."
Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

old hand
old hand
In the mathematics of chaos theory, a horseshoe map is any member of a class of chaotic maps of the square into itself. It is a core example in the study of dynamical systems. The map was introduced by Stephen Smale while studying the behavior of the orbits of the van der Pol oscillator. The action of the map is defined geometrically by squishing the square, then stretching the result into a long strip, and finally folding the strip into the shape of a horseshoe.

Most points eventually leave the square under the action of the map. They go to the side caps where they will, under iteration, converge to a fixed point in one of the caps. The points that remain in the square under repeated iteration form a fractal set and are part of the invariant set of the map.

Or maybe mixing physics with politics is a dead end right from the start. We are not particles, we are people.

In case I need remind you - people are particles ROTFMOL
And the theorem is from topology - pure mathematics - not physics.

Lenny Bruce

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

old hand
old hand
PS: You are doing a bangup job of proving the horseshoe theory.

No such theory, dear fellow. It is balderdash. Unadulterated nonsense. coffee

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Ezekiel #290945 08/07/16 02:15 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So, why a failed liberal? Don't get it.

If your liberalism consists mainly of attacking others for merely not agreeing with your point of view and you invest significant effort into demanding that other points of view get censored and prohibited, that IS FASCISM, which has NO place in liberal thought, word or deed.

Such conduct is also ammunition that the right uses when describing liberals as INTOLERANT. If you are intolerant, you CANNOT BE liberal.

EXAMPLE:

EXAMPLE:

EXAMPLE:

EXAMPLE:

deepfreezefilms.com
Scoutgal #290947 08/07/16 02:42 AM
old hand
old hand
What is it with being a liberal? Generalization is dangerous and leads to bigotry - a hallmark of fascism.
People believe what they believe and that is rarely ever black and white.

Lenny Bruce

Dostoevsky

Scoutgal #290948 08/07/16 03:52 AM
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You asked for examples of failed liberals.
If you watch each of the clips above, you will see liberals demanding censorship of dissent. That is grounds for revoking their "LIBERAL CARD".
If you are demanding "safe space", if you are demanding vengeance for "being offended" or "being triggered", you are intolerant and therefore a failed liberal.

Tolerance is the definition of liberalism. Liberals are supposed to have open minds.

I am actually NOT generalizing at all, I am focusing on specific types, that is the opposite of generalization.

Last edited by Jeffery J. Haas; 08/07/16 03:53 AM.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 122 of 193 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 192 193

Link Copied to Clipboard