WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 212 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 211 212
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I'm not alone in expressing refusal to vote for that guy.
No, you certainly aren't. Just because I liked Clinton doesn't mean I have to like Joe.

Do I think it's a good idea to replace Trump with a terrible Democrat? Just because he's a Democrat?

Do I think that Joe Biden would be a better president than Trump? Not necessarily. He's a bumbling inept fool.

Likely a one term president because he's older than dirt and because he'd be an utter failure as a president, prompting the election of another Republican in 2024.

I'd rather see Trump go ahead and destroy the economy in his second term and the Republican Party along with it.

Pretty nearly any candidate besides Biden would be okay with me. I'm hoping those sensible folks up in Iowa will see it more or less the way I see it. It's up to the primary voters but the way I see it Biden is as big a fraud as Trump.

I won't vote for him.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Just remember folks, we're also voting for Congress and we HAVE to get rid of Mitch McConnell and the Republican Senate Majority.
If we fail, it won't matter if we win POTUS or not.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Actually, Biden with a Democratic Senate and House would not be that bad. He would get some qualified advisers and actually listen to them, so he would not be wrecking everything he touches. He would also probably sign anything congress sent him. Not inspiring leadership, but not disasterous either. And as lame as he is, I think he probably understands that Putin and Kim are not out best buddies.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
In any case, I don't think we can personally afford to sit back and watch Trump in what his supporters call "payback mode" for another four years.

Bannon: Trump will be in payback mode if he wins in 2020

If anyone else can afford it, good for them but I think most of us can't.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
What, Like Obama?
Would Biden get more third way types that want to kneecap progressives for conservatives like Rahm Emanual gleefully did?
Geitner 'foaming the runway' for his fellow white collar banking grifters while millions lost their homes?

Yes. Please.

I'm of the opinion that the Democratic party needs to be destroyed. There will be no chance for progressives to have a shot at the controls until centrists prove themselves utterly impotent and ineffective to the economic/ political realities they have divorced themselves from for most Americans.

The gift of distraction from Mueller and the Russian hysteria has allowed the neoliberals to largely escape any meaningful critique.

Hopefully, Joe Biden will be the rope for the party to hang themselves with.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hopefully someone will take away his undeserved lead in the polls because I see exactly what you do and it's not a scenario I want to contemplate. Biden will be a disaster.

I'd rather see the party reformed than destroyed.

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Our economic, military and political realities today are nothing I wanted to contemplate but here we are.

At a certain point you realize that there is no salvaging of the democratic party. Having become, as one writer put it, 'one of two factions of the corporate wing'.

For every hopeful green shoot that appears the power structures within the party weed it out to maintain their grip.
When the progressive left decided to ask how come there are so many conservative, corporate stooges, like Lipinski or Manchin, in what had been or still is heavily democratic districts and focus their upcoming efforts on those seats instead of trying to flip red to blue districts, club Dem had an answer. No primary challenges will be tolerated!

What I hate about these party hacks is that there records suck! Yet here we are being admonished to vote for the sake of whatever they got.

Already, tarps are being removed from the hectoring horns. The very soul of the nation is at stake and you will be responsible for the end of the great American experiment and all the promise it held if you sit out or vote third party in the coming election.

I can hear the cries of 'IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT!!!' now.

On the flip side the recognition that there is no route to reform within the party may very well lead to alternatives being established. Already, there are alternative funding sources now established to deal with the frat boys hoarding all the campaign money for them and their ilk.

I suspect that blockading progressives from hiring campaign shops will result in alternative campaign shops, outside the influence of the DNC, to be formed.

Ditto with the media's near blackout of left wing commentators or arguments getting aired.

This may be the silver lining and start of something better than what the Democrats represent now.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 06/26/19 12:32 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I don't see how this could have happenned last night without these alternative support structures:

Caban for the win!

Caban would have had her knees broke by Emanual before 2016, I would confidently guess.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 06/26/19 02:24 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
"But this election has ramifications beyond the reform movement, and beyond Queens. As others have pointed out, the Democratic establishment in New York and Washington was shocked by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s upset victory over Crowley last year; for much of the campaign, Crowley didn’t even bother to show his face. That was not true this time; the establishment aggressively backed Katz—the whole Queens congressional delegation endorsed her, except for Ocasio-Cortez—but it wasn’t enough to beat Cabán, who had an army of small donors behind her."

A more nuanced view

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It's encouraging to see, but I'm not gonna read too much into it. She was the better candidate and it was a lot of the same voters who sent AOC to Washington. A lot of people are sick of the Democratic machine and its kowtowing to corporate interests, but not enough to make a difference nationwide yet.

Page 34 of 212 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard