WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 212 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 211 212
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
This is fast becoming a Biden-Warren race (sorry Bernie), as more (now 4) Dems drop their bids, and others fade. Who do we see as potential running mates? Biden/Harris (patch the rift)? Biden/Beto (sub O'rourke for O'bama)? Biden/Klobuchar? Warren/Booker? Warren/Buttigieg (wonk power!)?

I know centrists and media like pushing that narrative. Much like Centrism and incrementalism, it's been shown to be hollow and lacking any meaningful evidence to back the claim.
other than, I suppose, facts and polling? What criteria do you propose, my friend? Wishful/magical thinking?

Oh, I see the answer. Add in magical economics.

Individual donors is a simple poll. It also measures voter enthusiasm as it has a real political economic component. I see no magic with it.

He also has a large volunteer force in all 50 states. Very dedicated and mobilized.

It may be that it's Biden or Warren. Can't say it's so easy to ignore Sanders at this point but, hey, why not. They did it in 2016 and we saw how that worked out....

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Who do we see as potential running mates?
Too many moving parts to even zoom in on a likely field of possibilities. Has a candidate EVER chosen a competitor in the primaries as a running mate?
Off the top of my head: Reagan picked GHW Bush; Kerry picked John Edwards; Obama picked Biden. Oh, and Kennedy picked Johnson.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
One wonders who's side Perez and the DNC is on......
One doesn't have to wonder very much. The DNC is the money side of the party. They did change the "super-delegate" rule so perhaps they aren't evil incarnate. They are the purse strings of the party and as such you can expect them to be a bit on the centrist/corporatist side.

The refusal to grant the Climate Change Debate was one of structure rather than content...sort of.

Can't say it's so easy to ignore Sanders at this point but, hey, why not. They did it in 2016 and we saw how that worked out....

They didn't ignore Sanders. They just didn't agree with him. It's politics. There's a lot more to it than just being right, because everybody thinks they're right whether they agree with you or not.
The way it worked out was that Bernie didn't win in the primaries. He didn't get as many votes as Clinton. You can blame whoever you want but that's what happened. More people voted for Clinton and she got the nomination. Even though Clinton was being constantly attacked and mocked and harangued in the press and online, that anti-Clinton forces from the right and the left united for that one grand take down of the great evil detested by them both. She still got more votes.

we saw how that worked out....

Yeah we sat down that fateful night and watched Clinton get millions more votes than Trump. And then give a concession speech because she lost. And you somehow think Bernie got f*cked over worse than she did?

And you're still butthurt about that 2016 primary.
You want him to win...? GET HIM THE MOST VOTES.

Because on the primary election date in your state and mine a lot of Bernie fans are gonna sit home and say..."Why vote, he's not gonna win anyway because Democrats are assh*les and don't like us so we're not gonna play their silly game..."

And you know how that's gonna turn out?

I don't care whether it's Bernie or Liz. At the end of the day a Bernie and Liz ticket would thrill me to death. The closer we get to the 2020 primaries the more obvious it's going to become that Trump will not be able to win. Possibly won't even run. Republicans will basically abdicate power due to policy failures...So what is it we need Biden for? To beat Trump?

I see it turning into Warren vs Sanders race.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Off the top of my head:...
Okay...it was an honest question, I really didn't have any idea. Johnson turned out okay. But not in the way most southerners would have expected.
Biden's been a presidential candidate in every election since I was born, does he really count?

C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
"And you somehow think Bernie got f*cked over worse than she did?"

No. I think the country got f*cked over because of what she and her tribe did. It's not complicated.

I think your right about a Warren vs. Sanders race. Pretty sweet deal really.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 08/24/19 08:56 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel

Most of the single digit candidates will be running out of money soon. the rest won't get much past Idaho. Bernie and Liz are well funded. Biden is too.

Holy Cow! I was digging around and just noticed that California has moved their primary up to Super Tuesday March 13, that might help weed out the riff raff. WE should pretty much know the mood of the voters by then. I've just got a feeling we're gonna see Warren keep climbing.

"I've got a plan." That's a genius slogan. It's what people want to hear. We seriously need this country fixed and voters are going to hire the contractor who seems to have a plan and know how to do it.

Rumor has it that the other guy, "Crazy Bernie", was more expensive, would probably take longer, and quite frankly, seems a little daft. But they say he's like an artist or magician or something...

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
No. I think the country got f*cked over because of what she and her tribe did. It's not complicated.

Here ya go...;)
[Linked Image from static.politico.com]

If you're looking for the driving force in the Sanders screw-over, she's yo gurl.

Let's just let Joe hang himself a few more times and I think we will get our Sanders-Warren race.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
She did her bit no doubt. She became the very public face of a team of tribal loyalists no doubt. Whats Robby Mook, Donna Brazile or Podesta doing these days?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
She did her bit no doubt. She became the very public face of a team of tribal loyalists no doubt. Whats Robby Mook, Donna Brazile or Podesta doing these days?

She did the big bit although Mook, Brazile and Podesta chipped in to do her bidding, most definitely. wink

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The voters did it. These folks all had some small part in influencing them but the voters are the only ones who deserve credit or blame for the results of elections.

Page 61 of 212 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard