WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 212 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 211 212
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
It will be interesting who she endorses. Will be an interesting reveal and have much to say about her 'progressive' narrative that's been advertised.

I have to say I resent that. IF she doesn't endorse Bernie she's not a true progressive?
As a progressive and long time Bernie supporter myself, I don't know now who I'm going to vote for now that she's gone. She stole my heart this time with her well thought out doable progressive agenda. Bernie's Bros are driving me batshit crazy with the notion that the ONLY reason she ran in the first place was to get Bernie elected. And that if she endorses Biden (I don't like him either) she's selling out.
I'm in Georgia (yeah believe it or not) and at the end of the day now I'm going to vote for who I think has the best chance of beating this monster in office.
And nobody can tell me I'm not a progressive. Those from here who remember me can testify to that!

Excuse my anger but right now I'm devastated, angry, disappointed and feeling hopeless. The one person, the most qualified person (by far), with the best PROGRESSIVE plan is gone now.
And the Bernie folks (of which I used to be and hope I still am when I calm down) better straighten up. You're driving people away with your sexist whining and bullying and speculating on what a woman candidate "should" do!

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by olyve
It will be interesting who she endorses. Will be an interesting reveal and have much to say about her 'progressive' narrative that's been advertised.

I have to say I resent that. IF she doesn't endorse Bernie she's not a true progressive?
As a progressive and long time Bernie supporter myself, I don't know now who I'm going to vote for now that she's gone. She stole my heart this time with her well thought out doable progressive agenda. Bernie's Bros are driving me batshit crazy with the notion that the ONLY reason she ran in the first place was to get Bernie elected. And that if she endorses Biden (I don't like him either) she's selling out.
I'm in Georgia (yeah believe it or not) and at the end of the day now I'm going to vote for who I think has the best chance of beating this monster in office.
And nobody can tell me I'm not a progressive. Those from here who remember me can testify to that!

Excuse my anger but right now I'm devastated, angry, disappointed and feeling hopeless. The one person, the most qualified person (by far), with the best PROGRESSIVE plan is gone now.
And the Bernie folks (of which I used to be and hope I still am when I calm down) better straighten up. You're driving people away with your sexist whining and bullying and speculating on what a woman candidate "should" do!

You have to remember that a certain type of Bernie fan thinks of themselves as a sort of priesthood, and they will tell you what is moral and right.

It's your job as a fully paid-up human being to tell them to get stuffed, of course, but don't be shocked by the preaching.

What can we do to help you stop screaming?
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I don't think you can claim to be insulted when you start in on the Bernie Bro slur. It was started in 2016 and has been framed as a campaign feature of his but doesn't square with reality.
His coalition was always a multi ethnic, multi racial, etc, etc. Ditto supporters of Sanders being mean.

Her choice will be hers and will have ramifications on the race between two very different politicians. One will fight for progressive ideas the other the status quo. You'll have to pardon me if I draw a conclusion from what her decision will mean about her politics.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Warrens suspending her campaign

Looks like she is declining to endorse anybody, at least not at the moment, according to reports.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by olyve
better straighten up. You're driving people away with your sexist whining and bullying and speculating on what a woman candidate "should" do!

I didn't realize I said something sexist or bullying. Could you point out where I did that in my post:

'It will be interesting who she endorses. Will be an interesting reveal and have much to say about her 'progressive' narrative that's been advertised.'

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
IF she doesn't endorse Bernie she's not a true progressive?
No one but Bernie is a true progressive. When he's gone there will be none left. True Scotsmen are hard to come by too....

I've heard a rumor that Her people and Bernie's people are talking. We'll see if anything comes of it. It won't matter much since both are toast as far as this election is concerned. Biden appears to be the shoo-in at this point. Were there shenanigans? I think so...

Bloomberg's late entry when Biden began to stumble and his dumping of half a billion dollars into centrist advertising served to conflate Biden with Bloomberg. Spread the message of safe conservative centrist policies and turn the tide against the populist uprising.

They did it fair and square. If this was a game, their strategy was impeccable. Beto's endorsement alone might have swung Texas(his father in law is a billionaire) but voter suppresion played a part there too...

There's a million arguments but the moderates appear to have things under control at this point. I'll leave the top line blank or vote third party if there is someone I'd like to throw a bone.

I stand by my belief that we are better off re-electing Trump than electing Biden.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
Chunkstyle,
I apologize for wording my post in such a way that singled you out as a sexist and bully. And honestly I don't know where the term Bernie Bros comes from so I probably shouldn't have used that reference either. In fact I usually don't use it at all.
I haven't visited this forum in a while so I don't know you other than this thread.
I was speaking generically to whom it may apply. In fact, I came here because I needed a safe place to rant. As I said I'm angry and disappointed that her chances looked so good and then she was squashed like a bug. Sexism. You betcha. I thought she was the one who could beat it.

I have numerous friends, and I do mean friends (I don't want to lose) who are driving me crazy with their attacks on Elizabeth.
I myself was/is a passionate supporter of Bernie until Elizabeth entered the race. She stole my heart with her progressive ideas and detailed ways to implement them. That doesn't mean that I think less of Bernie. Not at all. I just think she's more pragmatic and I like a person with a plan. I mean it, my other progressive friends are really getting turned off by the Hillary like vitriol surrounding her. It is distinctly sexist.

Who she decides to endorse is in question because she may choose strategy over ideals. I may go the same way. I disagree with Greger that Joe is just as bad as the present occupant. I have a decision to make about who I think is most electable.
So....I think that one shouldn't presume that if she endorses Biden she's not still a progressive.
Wouldn't it be nice if she had the ear of centrist Joe and could pull him to the left a little bit?

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
enthusiast
enthusiast
RCP has updated the delegate count from California. Sanders 167, Biden 116, Bloomberg 15, Warren 5. There's still 112 delegates left to be awarded.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/democratic_delegate_count.html

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Hey Olyve,
Don’t sweat me any. I get your frustration and anger. It’s not easy to have your champion step down when you place your hopes and efforts into them for real progressive change.
I live in Buffalo Bills country and being crushed with disappointment is a regular feature every season frown
While I have some reservations with Warren it would never be about her gender. Only her politics. I’ve worked on two political campaigns for two awesome women candidates. One succeeded while another did not. It sucks when your candidate loses. Real bad.

I can’t tell you how to vote only that one candidate has a solid record of fighting the good fight for progressive causes his whole political career. The other candidate has dismantled much of the progress that was achieved by our parents and grandparents struggles to achieve a living wage, public services, bringing banks and monopolies to heel, fighting for the right to organize, racial justice, etc...

In my entire adult life I have seen little evidence of strategic political triangulation that has led to any lasting, universal progress in health, income or justice for the majority of Americans. I see no reason why it would now.

I really want to be pleasantly surprised by Warren and Sanders. Settle any differences and present a united progressive front to the conservative, corporate sponsored wing of the Democratic Party.

I want Warren made a financial fraud czar to stomp on Bloomberg, Diamond, Blankfein, etc. Sanders will need people like Warren if there is any hope of getting some progress made and getting any kind of humane form of government from this soul crushing one we’ve had. I hope their talks result in an alliance.

I’m happy you could blow off some steam here at the rant and glad to see you post again and hope you will some more.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I want Warren made a financial fraud czar to stomp on Bloomberg, Diamond, Blankfein, etc. Sanders will need people like Warren if there is any hope of getting some progress made and getting any kind of humane form of government from this soul crushing one we’ve had. I hope their talks result in an alliance.

Seeing as how Obama was happy to help her, the one bright spot in all of this is that Biden most likely will do the same.
I guess we will see in the fullness of time.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 77 of 212 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard