WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:22 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 104 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 103 104
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I think you are saying that I think that the capitalist raping on drug prices are somehow good for government. That would be a really wrong interpretation of the situation.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
There are still no test kits although I saw one guy, today, say that tomorrow there will be 5 million test kits. In lieu of test kits we have labs that can test for the virus. The problem with that one is that they are not standard and labs have been known to make mistakes and they simply don't have the capacity to do the job (not their fault).

The Fault remains exactly the same, ie:
We don't have test kits because OUR president, the jackass, " in 2018, the Trump administration fired the government’s entire pandemic response chain of command, including the White House management infrastructure. ". After that he reduced the funding of our healthcare agencies like HSS and CSS. Then he decided that we should not use the tests that the rest of the world has tested and been using. Then he refused any thought that other countries might send us test kits even though they offered. Then he lied about it all and gaslighted the whole thing (he is REALLY expert in that which is, basically, so confusing an issue that nobody has a clue as to the truth).

The reason is because the Seattle news people have now changed their description of test to: "Assumptive Test Results" because nobody really knows. If gov ever does decide to actaully release standardized and verified testing kits, in their millions the results should be really interesting really quick.

This whole thing is on Trump, pure and simple. I would have thought the Dems would be pointing that one out with some consistency. Instead, I think they have decided that everybody knows so there is no need to say that. What the hell is wrong with these people! The Republicans have proven, time after time, that repeating something regularly and often makes it a fact and, sofar, what I am talking is not a fact but something denied from on high.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Karma is a bitch, part 2:

Ted Cruz Self Quarentines

Sen. Ted Cruz announced Sunday that he will self-quarantine after finding out he interacted with an individual at last month’s Conservative Political Action Conference who later tested positive for the coronavirus.

“Last night, I was informed that 10 days ago at CPAC I briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19,” which is the disease caused by the virus, the Texas Republican said in a statement, adding that the interaction involved a handshake and a “brief conversation.”

So Ted is a vector, even if he does not show any symptoms. How many people has Ted interacted with, shaken hands with, etc. over the last 10 days? Many of them will be vectors as well. How many of them interacted with Trump? How many with Mitch? How many with Lindsey? I predict a massive outbreak in the Senate.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Two updates: covid-19 has reached my neck of the woods. Only one case, but in our little burg (4 in the County). My wife, who is severely compromised, is in a full panic, with good reason. Rubbing alcohol, which we use on our medical devices, is unavailable because of the panic, and our supply of masks is limited. We're scheduled to take a trip next week, and I'm trying to convince her it's actually safer (no Coronavirus there, and we'll be using our RV, which we have full control over.)

Second, the Republicans in Congress are at higher risk because they're mostly old white men with bad health habits. Is Karma contagious?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Tampa's the closest to me so far. An hour's drive away. All the cases here(12 with 2 deaths) are on the coasts. I'm surprised Orlando hasn't been hit yet with all the travel to Disney World.

For the next month, if I need anything, I'll have it delivered. Not a perfect solution, but better than going out among people.

Online retailers still have most of the things everyone needs, including alcohol.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
veteran
veteran
perhaps being slapped by reality will bring them to their senses.

nahhh ... Mr Trump will remain the almighty god of their cult, FEAR THE BASE!!!!!!

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I couple of things. The first is that everybody I know are, pretty much, encouraged by Trump's ability to continue to hold rallies, shaking hands, etc. Not a real good idea but for those who want him gone.............

We now have covid-19 in Port Angeles. Somebody went up to Seattle to visit a family member in a retirement center. Turns out its the same place that started all the dying around Seattle. Now she has it and, before realization set in, shared it with a few friends.

As far as I can tell gov has yet to start the distribution of the promised millions of testing kits. I also notice that, now, most of tv has moved on to peculiar naming of test results that are not really.

It ALL remains the fault of our dear leader, the jackass in charge, Trump the Terrible.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Time to go hermit. I'm 68 AND immunosuppressed, so if I get it I'll probably die. That's the perfect storm of susceptibility, according to everything I'm hearing. So no more Thursday lunches at the food court with my old friends for a while. No more going out to eat. No more spontaneous shopping trips. Maybe even order staple food via amazon, and then let it sit untouched for several days.

I think this is going to be possible. We live in the middle of a 10 acre parcel, fully fenced, with a locked gate.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Karma is a bitch, part 2:

Ted Cruz Self Quarentines

Sen. Ted Cruz announced Sunday that he will self-quarantine after finding out he interacted with an individual at last month’s Conservative Political Action Conference who later tested positive for the coronavirus.

“Last night, I was informed that 10 days ago at CPAC I briefly interacted with an individual who is currently symptomatic and has tested positive for COVID-19,” which is the disease caused by the virus, the Texas Republican said in a statement, adding that the interaction involved a handshake and a “brief conversation.”

So Ted is a vector, even if he does not show any symptoms. How many people has Ted interacted with, shaken hands with, etc. over the last 10 days? Many of them will be vectors as well. How many of them interacted with Trump? How many with Mitch? How many with Lindsey? I predict a massive outbreak in the Senate.

Well, I was sort of hoping for something along these lines...

...because it's more entertaining, but I'll settle for a slow motion plague that picks them off one by one.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Interesting blog:

Vitamin D vrs Acute Respiratory Infections

Very much worth watching, at least the first part. The whole thing is very interesting, if a bit repetitive. It's about a study of studies across many different experiments with Vitamin D supplements. It offers substantial protection from respiratory infections like the ones that Covid-19 gives seriously ill and dying patients.

A lot of the deaths occur not so much because of the virus, but because of the immune response that fills the lungs with fluid. Vitamin D mutes that response. It actually mutes a lot of different inflammatory responses, so it is useful for all sorts of autoimmune diseases. I'm taking about 8000 iu/day for my MS. The doctor blogging is taking about 1000 iu/day. You all should be too!

He says a lot of us are D deficient, and by taking supplements it decreases your respiratory infections by 70%! (But don't go crazy with it: Too much is not healthy.)

Page 10 of 104 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard