WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:22 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 104 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 103 104
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Yer link is shite Jeffery.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger

That's not very much information.
Perhaps you can DM me with more.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I think he simply means it leads to "page not found".

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
I am writing to you from my bunker in the PNW...

The current virus that is disrupting our lives so profoundly is not as deadly as the black death or Spanish flu, but it is scary enough and has exposed many faults in our modern existence. We, as a species, learn lessons slowly and sometimes not at all. If we did (or, through sheer incompetence, do) nothing at all, eventually the majority of the population will be exposed and contract COVID-19. Given the state of our resources, upwards of 2% of the population will die therefrom, mostly the elderly and infirm (which, I think, describes most of us here at RR). This is not hyperbole or fearmongering. It just describes reality.

I don't think we'll get there, because the competent will force themselves into the fray and take measures. That is already happening despite the administration's efforts to undermine them. I think the vast majority of the voting population has now gotten an object lesson in the reality of Trump's incompetence and the dangers imposed therefrom. Whether that lesson will carry forward to the fall is still to be learned. Significant and largely irreparable damage has already been done, and will reverberate for a generation.

I expect, like 9/11 and the crashes of 1987 and 2008, we'll "get over it," eventually, and learn virtually nothing from it. We'll return to our bad habits of thinking and behavior and be as unprepared for the next crisis as this one. It's the human (and, particularly, the American) condition. Eventually, though hopefully not in my lifetime, it will prove the end of us as a species. See how optimistic I remain?

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Originally Posted by Greger

That's not very much information.
Perhaps you can DM me with more.

It's a link to a private Facebook page, directed to an audience I am not a member of. Lot's of people on Facebook share their content only with "Friends". Lot's of Facebook Groups are "members only" and their content cannot be shared outside the group. Facebook links are generally unreliable outside of Facebook, you can't lift images or videos successfully and are generally required to find a different source when sharing Facebook links outside of Facebook. People who aren't members of Facebook cannot see any Facebook link. And yes, they do exist. LOGTROLL!

However, if you want to steal an image or meme, you can simply click on it in your feed, then, when it loads, "save image as" down to your machine then use imgur or whatever to reblog it somewhere else(like here). That's probably too much information.

If anyone here wants to "Friend" me my name is Mark Kyle and I'm probably searchable on Facebook. I won't spam your newsfeed and usually share several clever memes each day.

Last edited by Greger; 03/14/20 04:09 PM.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Talk about "politicizing":

Republicans Think Basic Public Health Measures Radical Left-Wing Agenda

Republicans are accusing Democrats of loading up their Corona response bill with left-wing agenda items, but everything in the bill is a reasonable comprehensive public health measure.
These are all imminently sensible responses to the crisis at hand, which has shown that paid sick leave is an absolutely essential public health precaution. You want people to be able to get tested for this virus. You do not want them going to work and spreading an infection because they need to support themselves. You want people to be able to eat. You do not want consumer spending to crater.

Yet, Republicans are calling this some sort of radical, leftist plot, suggesting they still have no understanding of what it will take to address this crisis or prevent ones like it down the line.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I think I probably have it, by the way. Very mild so far, but we shall see. My immunosuppression supposedly does not harm my ability to react to new viruses, and indeed I have been recovering very quickly from colds (other corona viruses?) for a couple of years. They say I react slower to flu shots, but I do develop immunity. I tend not to have typical histamine reactions like drippy eyes or nose, with this immunosuppression. I can feel it in my chest, and have rails when I listen closely. No fever and my oxygen saturation is still about 95.

I have very good isolation, on our 10 acre ranch. Not going out anywhere. We assume my wife has it if I do, though she has no symptoms at all. If tests were available, I would take one. But not really necessary because I am isolating as if I am positive.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
I can speak as someone that's been afflicted with and now volunteers for a support group for multiple diseases being spread thru climate change.

Most of those afflicted consider the CDC to be fully captured by capital interests. It's infuriating to see new victims coming in for information and reassurance that they are not going bat sh!t crazy about their doctor or for profit health insurance. You get used to the pattern but your hatred grows for the politics and economics of our KenTacoHut health care industry and idiots that support this vicious system, politically and economically speaking.

The medical industry is completely commodified at this point so good luck with your technocratic competency coming in to assert itself. One wonders how much liberal means testing would be involved before the patient decides it would be easier to just succomb to the darkness than fill out another form, income verification, residency status etc that is so cherished by that class of people.

Without any foundational apparatus of public health and the intense consolidation and competition between regional market healthco turf's I don't see a timeline sufficient to meet the health challenges and economic shocks that are expected to rapidly grow in the coming weeks.

I do see much opportunity for Klien's disaster capitalism though. Good time to be in cash.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Good luck with it. They say we'll all have it sooner or later, we're just trying to keep it slowed down until until government gets its sh*t together.

If we had a coordinated national health system and a functional government there would be contingency plans.

Corvid-19 symptoms are mostly all in the chest without the sneazy drippy snotty stuff.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Good time to be in cash.

That's the saving grace here. I may die, but at least everything is in cash. grin

Page 14 of 104 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard