WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,071 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,070 Campaign 2016
3,794,716 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,748 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 104 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 103 104
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Maybe sooner is better than later, while they still have ventilators. Seems very mild, so far.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
I think I probably have it, by the way. Very mild so far, but we shall see. My immunosuppression supposedly does not harm my ability to react to new viruses, and indeed I have been recovering very quickly from colds (other corona viruses?) for a couple of years. They say I react slower to flu shots, but I do develop immunity. I tend not to have typical histamine reactions like drippy eyes or nose, with this immunosuppression. I can feel it in my chest, and have rails when I listen closely. No fever and my oxygen saturation is still about 95.

I have very good isolation, on our 10 acre ranch. Not going out anywhere. We assume my wife has it if I do, though she has no symptoms at all. If tests were available, I would take one. But not really necessary because I am isolating as if I am positive.

Sh!t...so sorry to hear this news.
I hope that you can get tested and that the results come back negative. Blessings on you and your lovely wife.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Thanks, but we all knew it would get to the elderly and immunosuppressed pretty damned quick. I just hope my mom and all the other old folks at her assisted living place make it through. This has the potential to burn through those places. A few of our neighbors are older and frail, too. Hate to see them go.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Good time to be in cash.

That's the saving grace here. I may die, but at least everything is in cash. grin

Yikes!
I hope your wrong about what your dealing with. My sister in law was suffering from sore throat, headaches cough but it passed and is feeling much better now. Don’t know if it was Covid or the usual seasonal afflictions. I’m hoping it’s just the usual for you PIA.

Don’t forget to air out your house daily. Stay away from sugar and inflammatory food. Drink lemon with hot water. Keep us posted on how your doing. Fingers crossed.

Seems like we have pestilence and plague happening. Guessing an economic crash could lead to famine. Looking at Ireland as a reference.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Looking at Ireland as a reference.
Speaking of potatoes why didn't you ever tell me about Syracuse salt potatoes?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Coronavirus Timeline

A month after being acquitted in the Senate of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, Trump was notified of the coronavirus in China and he and his administration did nothing, while the disease silently spread in the U.S.

When WHO started sounding the alarm on February 1, 2020, Trump sat with his thumb up his lazy ass and did nothing but plan a trip to India and took his entire grifting family with him..

Trump administration's John Bolton dismantled the National Security Council’s global-health office, whose purpose was to address global pandemics immediately upon getting on the Security Council in April 2018 "to save money."

Who offered the United States the test they developed for China and the Trump administration turned down the WHO's testing methods to gotheir own way. It took six weeks to develop a new US test and wasted valuable time.

...and here we are today with major domestic airlines cutting 75% of their flights, businesses shutting down for a month, schools closed for 4-6 weeks depending on the District, people are being ask the ed to stay home to keep the virus from spreading aka "social distancing" and orange idiot in the Oval is still Tweeting about Hillary's emails even today.

Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Schools and business's closing for 4-6 weeks is just the start. They needed some sort of end date, but there is no reason to think they will not continue to stay closed after that. Assuming Covid-19's infectability is about 2.5 (people the average patient infects), we need at least 60% of the population to be immune before new infections start to drop. Then most active corona patients will infect less than 1.0 other people. But that's just statistical data. It doesn't help you if you are one of the non-immune! You go out and interact with a crowd of random people, and you WILL get infected. But of course, we could then reopen schools but just for people with proven immunity. So 60% of normal attendance.

What everybody is trying to do now by isolating, cleaning, and social distance is to flatten the curve, so when that 2% gets to the hospitals they don't run out of respirators.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
There are all sorts of problems with covid-19 One is that everybody is kinda ignorant and folks are still learning about it. They do not know, for instance, whether you can catch it again or not. For instance, if you have the flu you can catch it again. They are not the same but nobody knows if you can get it again.

there remains the testing problem. millions have been promised, many have been delivered, and most have been found flawed one way or another. Now the capitalists are involved to supply and, maybe, they will, nobody really knows (a hell of a lot about covid-19) Most of the rules coming down are specs and just in case - nobody seems to really know anything! All that seems to be known, right now, is that people are getting this and its not a good thing to get, even if you are young. Inspite of that, however, if you are over 75, and get it, you have a serious problem and belong to the largest group dying from it.

All that being said virtually every university in the United States are working on this thing. That means, to me, that eventually we are going to know a lot more about this one. Once that happens I fully expect to see solutions to the problem. I do know that there are several companies, right now, trying to develop a cure. If you google "covid-19 cure" you will see there are a LOT of companies, universities, etc. working on this one. The total, in Washington state is now over 790 and climbing. they think they can get up to 5000 tests a day! Here is a link to the University of Washington covid-19 test efforts: https://khn.org/news/how-intrepid-seattle-scientists-ramped-up-tests-as-coronavirus-closed-in/

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Most if not all of the failures in our hobbled response to COVID-19 are almost directly traceable to Republican efforts to dismantle Obamacare, dismantle the social safety net, dismantle the public sector...in a nutshell - - DECONSTRUCT (a fancy word for "dismantle") the administrative state.

And if we have a single brain between all of us in this godforsaken land, it would behoove us to hold them ACCOUNTABLE.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
How many of you have seen the Little Caesar's commercial about "Sliced Bread"?

Suddenly Little Caesar's pizza delivery is now "the best thing since sliced bread" and stocks in "Sliced Bread" take a massive tumble....prompting the above scenario.

Now picture...oh I dunno, the Trump White House, GOP House, GOP Senate?

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 15 of 104 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard