WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 104 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 103 104
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Just got tested. Takes about three days to get results. Spent about 4 hours in the ER and various isolation tents leading to the ER. Tomorrow, my medical group will have drive-by kiosks by appointment, but the appointment nurse told me to go to the ER today because of my high-risk status so they could look for other stuff too. Had a chest xray: Clear Had Flu A+B tests: Negative. Some blood work: results unknown so far. On physical exam, the doc did hear some junk in my lungs. So now I wait...

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I think you and me are in the 10% mortality rate group. So the good news is there's a 90% chance you'll live. I went on lock down early and there have been some minor breaches. The neighbors though...they seem determined to catch it and give it to me.

Lo Han Kuo beverage soothes and moisturizes the lungs. Might be sold out by now though.**nope, plenty of that sh*t, get some**

Good luck and godspeed.

Last edited by Greger; 03/17/20 01:20 AM.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
I think you and me are in the 10% mortality rate group. So the good news is there's a 90% chance you'll live. I went on lock down early and there have been some minor breaches. The neighbors though...they seem determined to catch it and give it to me.

Lo Han Kuo beverage soothes and moisturizes the lungs. Might be sold out by now though.**nope, plenty of that sh*t, get some**

Good luck and godspeed.

I went and got sommuh dat sheeit based on your earlier suggestion and it's in the cupboard.
But I am not a tea drinker, not normally.
Can you tell me, does it taste crappy or is it yummy?

I suppose I'll make some anyway...I just hope it doesn't taste like horse piss.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Greger, I just went and looked at the back for instructions.
They're all in Chinese.
Can you please tell this idiot how to make it?
Is it just "dump a packet in hot water" or is there a right way and wrong way to make this stuff?

deepfreezefilms.com
L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
I just hope it doesn't taste like horse piss.
Do you know what horse piss tastes like? sick

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
veteran
Has it crossed anyone's mind that terrorists or enemy states do not have to develop lethal weapons to completely disrupt America. All they have to do is ensure an infected person makes it to any international airport and spreads the happiness.

Imagine, a low tech solution for the poor man's war against America.

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Covid-19 is a very crappy bioweapon. Just kills old non-productive people, and is just as likely to infect your own people.

The More You Learn: Just viewed a Youtube video on ACE II and high blood pressure meds. Seems SARS and Covid-19 both get into cells via the receptor site involved with the angiotensin pathway for regulating blood pressure. There are two popular hypertension drug classes called ARBs and ACE inhibitors. Mouse models suggest that ARBs clamp a key molecule into the receptor site, keeping the virus from getting in. ACE inhibitors do not. So there is a bit of evidence that very sick humans on ARBs do better in the ICU. ARBs usually end in "an", like losartan (the ARB I have been on for a few years). ACE inhibitors usually end in "pril", like lisinopril. (The drug I was on that gave me diarrhea for a month before I switched.)

Now one other interesting thing I heard in the video is that these receptors are present in lung tissue, but they are also present in your GI tract. This could explain why so many Wuhan victims reported strong diarrhea for several days as their first symptom. (Me too!) American doctors are pretty much ignoring diarrhea as a covid-19 symptom, and think you must have another flu virus. So the fact that you have the virus receptors in your gut means that take-out restaurant food is dangerous, but canned food is very safe. Especially if you wash your hands and the outside of the cans when you get them home from the store with hot soapy water.

veteran
veteran
My point was it is not necessary to just kill the enemy. Incapacitate the enemy with a tsunami of infrastructure failure. Hospitals pouring out into the streets is the least of it. If there is no effective containment, think of half of the work force quarantined ... half the military ... half of the government ... work stoppages ... logistics failures ... food shortages.

And the point of the attack would not be to conquer a country outright, but to cripple it. Think of repeated attacks.

We are obviously not prepared for such a scenario, and I am not sure if there could be a viable program developed which would address such low probability scenarios ... just spitballing

Far fetched? maybe ... but if I thought of it (or maybe I am channeling the movie "Outbreak" where the US military was the bad guy), I know there are some very cleaver bad folks thinking of it

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Greger, I just went and looked at the back for instructions.
They're all in Chinese.
Can you please tell this idiot how to make it?
Is it just "dump a packet in hot water" or is there a right way and wrong way to make this stuff?

Pour hot water over the cubes and stir. The little cubes can be broken in half for a tea cup or the whole thing makes a 12 oz coffee mug. It's very sweet, pretty yummy at first, more like brown sugar in water than anything else, after you've been drinking 3-4 cups a day for a while it gets a little old though, you can add lemon or cloves or a splash of orange juice or rum or whatever to make it more exciting.

If your lungs are still achy and coughy from your illness this will help them feel better.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by logtroll
I just hope it doesn't taste like horse piss.
Do you know what horse piss tastes like? sick

I know what warm Budweiser in a can tastes like...close enough to what my imagination insists horse-piss would taste like! LOL

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 16 of 104 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard