WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/20/24 03:38 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,072 my own book page
5,017,078 We shall overcome
4,196,071 Campaign 2016
3,794,717 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,749 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,790
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 104 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 103 104
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Now one other interesting thing I heard in the video is that these receptors are present in lung tissue, but they are also present in your GI tract. This could explain why so many Wuhan victims reported strong diarrhea for several days as their first symptom. (Me too!)

Oh geez...I DID HAVE the hot burning "yellow" diarrhea for about four days prior to developing my acute respiratory distress.
At this point I am about 95% sure I caught the COVID-19 but still, I am NOT a doctor, so there's still that five percent doubt.

But this did not feel like ANY pneumonia or bronchitis I've EVER had in the past...it was a zillion times worse.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
Greger, I just went and looked at the back for instructions.
They're all in Chinese.
Can you please tell this idiot how to make it?
Is it just "dump a packet in hot water" or is there a right way and wrong way to make this stuff?

Pour hot water over the cubes and stir. The little cubes can be broken in half for a tea cup or the whole thing makes a 12 oz coffee mug. It's very sweet, pretty yummy at first, more like brown sugar in water than anything else, after you've been drinking 3-4 cups a day for a while it gets a little old though, you can add lemon or cloves or a splash of orange juice or rum or whatever to make it more exciting.

If your lungs are still achy and coughy from your illness this will help them feel better.

Thank you! At least now I know what "pour hot water over cubes and stir" looks like when written in Mandarin! ROTFMOL

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
Has it crossed anyone's mind that terrorists or enemy states do not have to develop lethal weapons to completely disrupt America. All they have to do is ensure an infected person makes it to any international airport and spreads the happiness.

Imagine, a low tech solution for the poor man's war against America.

Developing new viruses is not a poor man's game. Weapons might be easier and cheaper.

But the Billionaire class has every reason to want about half the population of the earth wiped out. They can afford to develop new viruses and have the means to introduce them into populations.

They used to use wars to reduce the numbers of the poor, but most of the world has generally abandoned war as a means of population control. The cannon fodder wised up to their tricks...except Americans and Saudis.

Developed in private labs, released in China for testing, convinced Americans that barbaric Chinese peasants were forced to eat bats for sustenance in the Communist regime and everyone knows that bats carry diseases...add snakes to memorandom because that's just gross.

Of course Trump isn't worried about catching it. He got the vaccination early.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Democrats are a black pilled party now

"In not embracing march-in rights, Biden is aligned with the pharmaceutical industry, which launched a coalition led by two of its top lobbying groups, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) and The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO), to push back against calls for using the authority...

...The pharmaceutical industry has given Biden far more campaign money than anyone else who has run for president this cycle, including President Trump. Joe Biden’s campaign and the outside groups backing him have taken over $1.34 million from the pharmaceuticals and health products industry, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. For context, Trump has received about $752,000 from the industry this cycle, while Sanders has received about $422,000. "

Biden Sides With Big Pharma Against Plan That Could Make Coronavirus Vaccine Affordable

I hear Cuba has a good antiviral treatment that's proven effective with COVID.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Meanwhile in 'The Villages' down in Florida where the death cult is strong:

Florida retirees more worried about stock market than coronavirus

Wasn't this the community that had a syphilis problem not so long ago?

Hang in their Jeff. Sending you healthy thoughts.

L
veteran
veteran
L
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
close enough to what my imagination insists horse-piss would taste like! LOL
gobsmacked

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
veteran
Online Content
veteran
Developing new viruses is not a poor man's game.
who said anything about setting up a research facility, etc etc .... COVID-19 found in nature and it's free ... all you need is one infected person and an international airport

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
L.A. County just announced that it is now enforcing a "lockdown order", according to The L.A. Times.

Closed
All movie theaters, live performance venues, bowling alleys and arcades
All gyms and fitness centers
All bars and nightclubs that do not serve food
All private social clubs
In addition, all restaurants and retail food facilities will be prohibited from serving food to dine-in customers.

Exceptions
Restaurants, as well as bars and nightclubs that serve food, may continue to prepare and offer food to customers via delivery service or takeout.

Houses of worship are urged to limit large gatherings on their premises and to explore and implement ways to practice their respective faiths while observing “social distancing” practices.
Cafeterias in hospitals, nursing homes or similar facilities will be allowed to continue operations.
Grocery stores, pharmacies and food banks will also be allowed to continue operations.

Schools
• All Los Angeles Unified School District campuses -- and many other around the region -- are closed.

• Los Angeles school officials were racing Sunday to organize the complex logistics of opening 20 meal pickup sites and 40 family resource centers to serve students who will be displaced from campuses beginning Monday in an unprecedented shutdown to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

deepfreezefilms.com
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I am about 95% sure I caught the COVID-19

Sure sounds similar to me, though my respiratory distress was pretty mild. I still have rales in my lungs and my SpO2 is running around 94. (98 is optimal function.) I got an antigen test yesterday. That will tell us if I have the virus present. I heard we will have an antibody test soon, which will tell you if you had it and recovered or are fighting it.

I think the Chinese may either have an aversion to mentioning diarrhea or it is so common there they don't consider it a symptom. Some authorities report the symptoms from Wuhan include about 4% having diarrhea, others report 50%. There has to be some reason for that disparity.

I have been reading some GI scientific papers and reports and the simple fact that the same ACE II receptors the virus uses to get into your lungs are also present in your gut, means you can get it via food or drink. So restaurant take out food is not totally safe, but canned food should be.

I think my minimal respiratory distress was because of two things: I keep my vitamin D level around 70, and I take losartan every day. Just a theory but both have some evidence discussed in peer-reviewed journal papers.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
It's being reported that some chain stores, including a bunch of fast food places, are NOT offering their employees paid sick leave. That means lots of their workers are going to come to work and prepare food sick. Smart people will not eat there.

Note that Costco and Home Depot are offering paid sick leave. Safer establishments to patronize. Still, you should try to minimize shopping trips and maintain distance from other patrons. We are still shopping for food at Costco (pending my Covid test results, of course) but we try to keep it down to once every two weeks at most.

I wonder if there will be some sort of "covid immune" badge or something to identify those who have recovered. They could be paid a premium to be workers who face the public. Or even to be helpers at nursing homes, etc.

Page 17 of 104 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard