WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 98 of 212 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 211 212
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by jgw
How about this one. Trump, a previously lifelong Democrat decides to try for the Democratic nomination as well as the Republican nomination and then runs under both parties?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

That right there reminds me of Lyndon LaRouche trying to run as a Democrat, while simultaneously playing footsie with Reagan's intelligence apparatus.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
How about this one. Trump, a previously lifelong Democrat decides to try for the Democratic nomination as well as the Republican nomination and then runs under both parties?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

If, in the next few months, President Trump rescues the economy and puts an end to the Corona virus then Both parties will happily re-elect him in November. Congress might then amend the constitution and make him president for life. Ivanka will be designated his heir and a Golden Throne will replace that desk built from an old boat.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??

If, in the next few months, President Trump rescues the economy and puts an end to the Corona virus then Both parties will happily re-elect him in November. Congress might then amend the constitution and make him president for life. Ivanka will be designated his heir and a Golden Throne will replace that desk built from an old boat.

No...the ham handed response to this crisis will not roll off his back. And hate to say it but the economy is not going to recover from this in six months. We'll be lucky if we're still above water or ground in four months.

deepfreezefilms.com
C
C
Originally Posted by perotista
Mail in ballots would work. Yep, that would be good and I agree, time to get started with them. VP considerations, remember I'm a numbers guy. Warren wouldn't help Biden get to 270, neither would Harris. California and Massachusetts are going Democratic regardless. Although Warren would bring an ideological balance to the ticket. But not a regional one. You would also have two old fogies, 78 and 70 if I remember right. Harris is 55, in my opinion a better fit age wise.

Back to numbers, I'm leaving out men since Biden said he would choose a woman as VP. Klobuchar, Minnesota, regional balance, from Minnesota a state in which Hillary won by a single percentage point. Klobuchar would keep the swing state of Minnesota in the Democratic column. Baldwin, Wisconsin along with the Michigan governor, Whitmer, either one would bring those states Trump squeaked by in 2016 back into the Democratic column.

Although Stacey Abrams, Georgia, has the possibility of delivering Georgia to the Democrats, I like her. She lost the governorship by 55,000 vote in 2018. She lacks experience being the minority leaders in the Georgia state legislature. She's held no statewide or national office.

I'd be asking the question who would help me the most to get to 270. Then again, I'm not a partisan and not really ideological. So perhaps getting to 270 isn't the top priority among those faithful democratic loyalist.

Demings, Florida, congresswoman is another possiblity. But congress members do not the the ability to deliver a state like a senator or governor. Two governors are also possibilities, New Mexico, Grisham and Nevada, Masto, but they're going Democratic anyway. No help in getting to 270

This sounds very much like you think Kloubachar is his best bet.

From a non-numbers "tone" perspective, I think you are right - Kloubachar helps bring back a lot of the people put off by nuttery in the primary and any leftward-tics Biden has made to try to capture the Bernie People's grudging willingness to vote Blue.

C
C
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
No...the ham handed response to this crisis will not roll off his back. And hate to say it but the economy is not going to recover from this in six months. We'll be lucky if we're still above water or ground in four months.

I'm honestly of two minds on that question. So much is going to be driven by the responses of the Governors, and the willingness to reopen economic activity. I could see this being a flash in the pan, or, if politicians get into a more-risk-adverse-than-thou competition... yeah, something more destructive.

Market was back up, what, a year and a half after the 2008 crash, though? As someone in his mid 30s, that's not so bad smile

Last edited by CPWILL; 03/21/20 02:09 AM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by CPWILL
I'm honestly of two minds on that question. So much is going to be driven by the responses of the Governors, and the willingness to reopen economic activity.

Too bad Goldman Sachs didn't toss in one of those rosy predictions today. I'd have thought they'd be eager to do so if they agreed.

deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by CPWILL
Originally Posted by perotista
Mail in ballots would work. Yep, that would be good and I agree, time to get started with them. VP considerations, remember I'm a numbers guy. Warren wouldn't help Biden get to 270, neither would Harris. California and Massachusetts are going Democratic regardless. Although Warren would bring an ideological balance to the ticket. But not a regional one. You would also have two old fogies, 78 and 70 if I remember right. Harris is 55, in my opinion a better fit age wise.

Back to numbers, I'm leaving out men since Biden said he would choose a woman as VP. Klobuchar, Minnesota, regional balance, from Minnesota a state in which Hillary won by a single percentage point. Klobuchar would keep the swing state of Minnesota in the Democratic column. Baldwin, Wisconsin along with the Michigan governor, Whitmer, either one would bring those states Trump squeaked by in 2016 back into the Democratic column.

Although Stacey Abrams, Georgia, has the possibility of delivering Georgia to the Democrats, I like her. She lost the governorship by 55,000 vote in 2018. She lacks experience being the minority leaders in the Georgia state legislature. She's held no statewide or national office.

I'd be asking the question who would help me the most to get to 270. Then again, I'm not a partisan and not really ideological. So perhaps getting to 270 isn't the top priority among those faithful democratic loyalist.

Demings, Florida, congresswoman is another possiblity. But congress members do not the the ability to deliver a state like a senator or governor. Two governors are also possibilities, New Mexico, Grisham and Nevada, Masto, but they're going Democratic anyway. No help in getting to 270

This sounds very much like you think Kloubachar is his best bet.

From a non-numbers "tone" perspective, I think you are right - Kloubachar helps bring back a lot of the people put off by nuttery in the primary and any leftward-tics Biden has made to try to capture the Bernie People's grudging willingness to vote Blue.

I was basically throwing out candidates that I think would help Biden get to 270. Of course that leaves out solid blue state candidates as they can't help numbers wise. Actually those three Midwestern women would be ideal. Klobuchar would probably help in Minnesota and in Michigan, perhaps Ohio. Baldwin in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and possibly in Ohio. Whitmer in Michigan, Wisconsin and in Ohio.

The thing is each could deliver their home state plus have some influence on neighboring states. Of course this is a numbers game, not an ideological one. Each would bring regional balance to the ticket also.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Tim Canova, running against Debbie Wasserman-Schultz explains the illegal activity that happenned in Fl and has been ongoing in the presidential primary.

I only post this as a rebuttal to someone posting allegations from a Facebook page that Bernie Bro’s would be making these claims.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
Tim Canova, running against Debbie Wasserman-Schultz explains the illegal activity that happenned in Fl and has been ongoing in the presidential primary.

I only post this as a rebuttal to someone posting allegations from a Facebook page that Bernie Bro’s would be making these claims.

Interesting that AOC is now being blasted. Circle the wagons!
Interesting that Canova thinks "Democrats should have tried to work with him".(Trump)
But the capper in all of this is the fact that Jimmy Dore's favorite isn't even Bernie at all, it's Tulsi Gabbard, and she just dropped out and endorsed Biden...not that a Gabbard endorsement is something Biden should relish.

Still, this is sounding more and more like a fifth column effort to endorse Trump.

Are these guys COVID-19 "truthers"?

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Jimmy has a record that is familiar with anyone who’s followed him. He’s rabidly anti state murder, something unfamiliar with most liberals.
The left has had/ does have criticisms of Sanders. I guess when you vote like it’s a brand loyalty exercise there’s no need to be critical but the larger point was made here.

For all the hyperventilating about phoney Russia narratives over the last 3-4 years, there Is real criminality that is observable, has documentation and has been witnessed.

Page 98 of 212 1 2 96 97 98 99 100 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard