WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 100 of 212 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 211 212
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
The Russian Hoax followers are now clearly in the scientology realm of suspended disbelief and it's useless to argue the points. I've honestly never tried in the 3 1/2 years that they've been building their church.

Justice didn't have a case. They backed down when Concord called their bluff and proceeded to challenge them in court. Justice claims they couldn't go thru with it as discovery could compromise whatever they don't have to say could be compromised.

In other words, it was all for show until it wasn't. They brought charges to court thinking the parties involved would never defend themselves. When they did Justice tucked tail and ran off with another 'vast right wing conspiracy' style excuse.

Justice's case was predicated on defendants not defending themselves.

Kafka is laughing somewhere.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/22/20 03:38 PM.
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I think the Mueller report got wrecked when Mueller made a statement to the effect that ALL those giving testimony were liars and their lies stood assault. Basically, he said that the problem was that the people he was investigating were all liars and their stories held up because of that and there was nothing he could do about it in spite of having the entire power of gov on his side.

Always thought that was VERY strange but, apparently, no really because everybody read it just seemed to shrug their shoulders with a slight "Whatcha gonna do???" and moved on.

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Justice didn't have a case.

I think that quite a stretch. It completely ignores all the US Intelligence agencies' findings. Those were not opinions. Those were real analyses of internet traffic, real evidence of phone call patterns, etc. It's a lot more plausible to think the cases were not prosecuted because they threatened Trump's fantasies about winning the election without Russian help. Especially since the Justice Department has repeatedly sided with Trump's agenda over respect for the law.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
I just watched After Truth: Disinformation and the Cost of Fake News and, much as I detest saying this, Chunk's account of Russian meddling sounds almost like he follows the talking points of Jerome Corsi and Jack Prosobiec/Jack Burkman.

Chunk, are you a regular RT viewer?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Are we hashing over the Meuller Report again? I told yall back when that sh*t was going on that nothing was gonna come of it. Nothing came of it.

Then along came impeachment. I tolja from the getgo that nothing would come of it, nothing came of it.

Even less will come of hashing it all over again. But if you find comfort in it during these very strange times then have at it!

We're watching the world we all knew and loved slowly crash and burn.
Remember the trainwreck I promised you? It has arrived....

And once again, I think Trump is gonna come out smelling like a rose.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I remember PIA doing the same smears as your now attempting by accusing me of being a Russian agent. I had no idea how much conditioning or how deep it went with the liberals.
I enjoy Chris hedges, if you want to do an unamerican activities style questioning. I’ve been as fan of Chris Hedges who has a show on RT. Former NYT correspondent and award winner. One of the first to call the Russian conspiracy a Hoax, as well as Noam Chomsky, author of Manufacturing Consent or Matt Tiabbi who spent time in Russia and reported on the flimsy evidence and lack of reporting credibility over it. A host of others were reporting on it as well though they weren’t being let into corporate media to push back. They were not suspending their disbelief and treating the Russian circus a consumer brand loyalty exercise.

But Gregor’s right and there’s no value in pointing out to a sucker that they bought a lemon. That was not my intent. Just to point out how voter suppression and rigging is a variable now and depends on wether it damages the coke brand or the Pepsi brand.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/23/20 03:54 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Justice didn't have a case.

I think that quite a stretch. It completely ignores all the US Intelligence agencies' findings. Those were not opinions. Those were real analyses of internet traffic, real evidence of phone call patterns, etc. It's a lot more plausible to think the cases were not prosecuted because they threatened Trump's fantasies about winning the election without Russian help. Especially since the Justice Department has repeatedly sided with Trump's agenda over respect for the law.

The intelligence community that lied us into a war with Iraq?

You would think after the Hitler level amount of death and human suffering we inflicted in that region of the world that we would be skeptical of those blunt instruments and what they tell us. Truly terrifying how fast the roles changed between the NeoLibs and neoconservatives where the security state became members of the Libs #resistance and are now populating all the corporate infotainment media.

It’s been dark amusement watching libs call Fox News ‘Pravda’ or state TV while cnn and msnbc has a constant stream of spooks and generals on their programs. On the other hand, the history of Liberalism is a mixed bag at best and has always broke hard right when push comes to shove as we witnessed in 2016 and now.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/23/20 03:13 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Are we hashing over the Meuller Report again? I told yall back when that sh*t was going on that nothing was gonna come of it. Nothing came of it.

Then along came impeachment. I tolja from the getgo that nothing would come of it, nothing came of it.

Even less will come of hashing it all over again. But if you find comfort in it during these very strange times then have at it!

We're watching the world we all knew and loved slowly crash and burn.
Remember the trainwreck I promised you? It has arrived....

And once again, I think Trump is gonna come out smelling like a rose.

That's not the point. Do you believe that all of the information was a hoax? Manufactured by the intelligence agencies? Do you think it's all a lie?

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Do you remember a time when generals and CIA spooks were not a permament feature of the 'news' media Jeff?

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/23/20 04:54 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
Do you remember a time when generals and CIA spooks were not a permament feature of the 'news' media Jeff?

I asked if everything they're saying is a lie.
PS: My old man was one of those spooks, Deputy Director of the Defense Nuclear Agency.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 100 of 212 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard