WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,080,879 my own book page
5,017,073 We shall overcome
4,194,406 Campaign 2016
3,794,538 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,678 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 212 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 211 212
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
They lie enough to know not to trust them.

yellow cake comes to mind. agent curveball is another. Gulf of Tonkin, Church commission, Latin American fascist death squads badged as freedom fighters, etc etc. Whatever it takes to maintain empire.

Do you think intelligence agencies have been honest with the public or congress?

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
They lie enough to know not to trust them.

yellow cake comes to mind. agent curveball is another. Gulf of Tonkin, Church commission, Latin American fascist death squads badged as freedom fighters, etc etc. Whatever it takes to maintain empire.

Do you think intelligence agencies have been honest with the public or congress?

Do you think Gish Galloping is helping your argument?
I don't.
And I think that when it comes to career professionals in the intelligence agencies, there is a clear divide between the political operatives and the professionals, and that the professionals take their jobs seriously.
Sorry, I am not letting the perfect be the enemy of good, so I view our intel the way I view our military, and I don't intend to tar the entire apparatus with your broad brush, especially since you have already admitted in the past that you lack any ideas for solutions, nor do you see it as your shared responsibility either.

That makes you an armchair revolutionary of the very worst kind, interested only in tearing down the apparatus but not retooling it.

Police have done some terrible things in the past, extremely terrible, but I'm also not ready to do away with police either.

You sound a LOT like what I see and hear on RT every single day...a LOT.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
when it comes to career professionals in the intelligence agencies, there is a clear divide between the political operatives and the professionals,
Sure there is, but we never hear what the career professionals have to say, Just what the political operatives want us to hear. Actual intelligence ALWAYS goes through a political filter before we hear it.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
when it comes to career professionals in the intelligence agencies, there is a clear divide between the political operatives and the professionals,
Sure there is, but we never hear what the career professionals have to say, Just what the political operatives want us to hear. Actual intelligence ALWAYS goes through a political filter before we hear it.

Actually we did get to hear some of the professionals recently.
Sorry, I try to keep track of individuals, and I don't throw them all into one knee-jerk box.
I do actually trust James Mattis, I do actually trust Barry McCaffrey, even if they do not have a perfect record.
I do trust Russell Honore, I do trust Colonel Vindman.

I don't trust John Negroponte, I don't trust Porter Goss, or Gina Haspell. There's more but you get the point.

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
I love how you put words or intent in people’s mouths or arguments.

Distinction without a difference with regard to intelligence communities.

The results are the same.

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/23/20 06:44 PM.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
Many people were speaking out about the sham on the intelligence in the run up to war, by the way. Many others of your 'honest' intell community did speak out. They were sidelined or ignored.

Biden believed in going to war in Iraq. Hence Biden has blood on his hands. Clinton did too, though liberals were canceling all objection to her as a 'vast right wing conspiracy' (convenient) or being dupes of Russia. Ranters here may recall their behavior here at the time. As though there could not be any ideological differences from her detractors to have a criticism of her career in politics. How lazy and convenient for them.

People have also been speaking out on the Russian hysteria, too. Same play. All critique has been dismissed as though anyone making them are dupes and russian assets or it devolves into some weird party loyalty, support the troops style framing.

The detractors, much like it was in the Iraq war run up, have been ignored while the rubes believe what their TV's tell them.

What's the saying? something about lies having wings while truth has pants or something?

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/23/20 06:57 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Intelligence from whatever source when originally collected is what is known as raw intelligence. There’s also a rating scheme applied to the source in many different categories. Once assembled, analyst go through all the data coming up with their own interpretations of it. Which is handed further up the chain of command for further study and analyzing. It is then passed on to whomever is in charge from company commanders up to the JCS, the secretaries, etc. then on to the political leaders depending on what it is about. The need to know always taking precedence along with security clearances.

Most stay in classified channels going to the various agencies and their heads to draw their own conclusions and make a response if warranted. Depending on what it is about, the public will never know. Although there are instances such as the Cuban Missile crisis of 1962 in which the photo’s were publicized and the general public briefed. Some gets leaked for political reasons, not security reasons from the president to congressional officials and staffers which can cause harm to those involved and in the field. Even to the country.

Filtered yes. The general public gets to know very little as to what is going on. What they’re told is usually when something is over and then not very detailed. It’s been this way ever since I first went into the army back in 1966. The old motto, loose lips, sink ships still applies. I think one would be astounded to the amount of material that is still classified from WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

What the government tells you or the general public is very filtered and what you are told is what the government wants you to know for a variety of reasons.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
So I'm guessing Madam Clinton had nothing to back up her claim that Tulsi Gabbard was a a Russian asset?

Last edited by chunkstyle; 03/23/20 07:56 PM.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
So I'm guessing Madam Clinton had nothing to back up her claim that Tulsi Gabbard was a a Russian asset?

I dunno but I guess AOC is no longer welcome among your particular group of Lefties.

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
C
my particular group?

Dunno what your talking about. You'd have to expand a bit. Unless it's more mean girl flexing?

Page 101 of 212 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard