WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
A question
by rporter314 - 05/20/24 05:05 PM
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/20/24 03:38 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,079 my own book page
5,017,078 We shall overcome
4,196,071 Campaign 2016
3,794,717 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,750 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,791
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 104 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 103 104
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
The key is to get Twitter to enforce their "no Covid Misinformation" policy, including from Trump. Then get the FTC to enforce "Covid misinformation equals fraud" over broadcast TV, radio, and the internet". Of course, that might actually help Trump get reelected, in effect gluing his mouth shut so we are not reminded every day what a jerk he is.

Maybe we could extend that to Trump officials, like those who told us last week to go buy stocks. I hope Trump's supporters did!

Nothing will glue Trump's mouth shut, I'll just paste some raw links to give you a preview of his soon-to-crack mental state.
He's teetering on the edge of a total psychotic break, and even the Republicans are growing weary, and even scared.

Lindsey

Frustrated

Worried

Spoiled

Tweets

I predict that Dr. Fauci will be fired before the end of April, if he doesn't fall victim to COVID19 first.
And with Fauci's exit goes the very last shred of any credibility that the Trump administration might have had, except with his loyal followers, of course.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Have you seen Joe Bidens online address? Not inspiring either.

Sanders has been giving constant town halls by the way. He's turned his campaign apparatus into a health emergency campaign.

There's rising protests to release the refugees from their cages. I'm not sure if that goes into coke or pepsi bad column.

Ditto with our large prison system and world beating incarceration rates. If there's a tragedy that unfolds in our human caging facilities I'm not sure who will get the blame there either. It was Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton's 'super predator' crime bill that ballooned that population of americans..

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Speaking of blood on their hands...

Man dies and his wife is under critical condition after ingesting drug[/b] [b] touted by Trump as a coronavirus treatment

Trump on Twitter

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
A great early result from a drug that will start tomorrow in New York and other places! #COVID19

That's just one reported case, and I hold Trump personally responsible for every domestic community transmission related COVID-19 death now and in the future, because of his refusal to listen to early warnings.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The moment Trump goes on cable news with a press conference, I will be turning the TV set off or switching channels. I will not watch one more Trump Rally masquerading as a coronavirus update.
I urge you to do the same and maybe, let the channels know your intentions, too.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
Your indignation will be a big comfort to the millions of Americans without or underinsured.

As far as the drug: Chloroquine for COVID-19: Cutting Through the Hype

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
The moment Trump goes on cable news with a press conference, I will be turning the TV set off or switching channels. I will not watch one more Trump Rally masquerading as a coronavirus update.
I urge you to do the same and maybe, let the channels know your intentions, too

I don't have a television and have never heard Trump speak.

I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
I read something about the poisoned couple consuming aquarium cleaner that contained chloroquine. So it may have not been the chlorquine that killed him and hospitalized her. Here's a few basic facts about it:

Chloroquine is not available in the US: They use hydroxychloroquine, which is supposed to better tolerated.
For malaria, the adult dose is 400-500 mg daily.
Twice that can be lethal by cardiac arrest, so DO NOT DIY with non-doctor supervised treatment.
You may not need anywhere near the malaria dose to stop the Covid-19 virus. Dose still unknown.
Quinine (as in tonic water) may be just as effective. Unknown
All of these quinines work as zinc ionophores. They let extracellular zinc into cells through a ion-specific channel. Zinc inside the cell disrupts virus replication. If you want to read the papers on this, you can Google "zinc chloroquine virus ionophore".

Nobody claims this is a magic cure: All they have claimed so far is that victims have shorter infections.
If it slows down virus replication, that would give your own immune system time to make some antibodies.

Here's an interesting quote from the NY Times:
The University of Minnesota is conducting three studies, including one on remdesivir for seriously ill patients. A second study will give hydroxychloroquine to people who have been exposed to the coronavirus, because they live in the same household as patients, to see if the drug can prevent them from becoming infected.

The third study will use an old, safe drug called losartan, normally given to treat high blood pressure, to find out whether it can prevent mild coronavirus infections from turning more serious. The drug blocks the receptor that the virus uses to get into cells, so researchers think it might stop or slow the illness.

I am a case study of N=1 (AKA anecdotal): I am a 68 year old MS patient on immunosuppression, so a pretty damned high risk. I take a lot of Vitamin D3 for the MS and I take losartan for blood pressure. I had a very mild case over the course of about 15 days. I did stop taking the immunosuppressant drug as soon as I got the infection.

One way out there theory I think might have helped is that the MS immune system modifier I take (Tecfidera) might have stopped any cytokine storm syndrome. That's what actually kills a lot of flu victims: The body's own immune cells release a lot of killer chemicals that go wild and attack host cells. One treatment is a similar drug. Totally unknown and I doubt anybody is looking at this.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
I urge you to do the same and maybe, let the channels know your intentions, too

I don't have a television and have never heard Trump speak.

I don't need that kind of negativity in my life.

You've never seen him on YouTube?

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
It took 67 days to reach a hundred thousand cases of COVID, it took another two weeks to hit the next hundred thousand, another four days to reach 300,000 and two days to reach 400 thousand.

This virus is taking off like a rocket thanks to inaction on the part of governments worldwide, and Trump is the poster child for not only inaction but WRONG ACTION.

To date, the CDC has tested 352. Other agencies have tested plenty more but the CDC has only SUCCESSFULLY tested 352, and meanwhile we're grasping at AZT and a variant of fish tank cleaner after ignoring the pandemic threat for almost two months.

Oh, but the stock market is gonna come roaring back!!!

And that is all Trump is concerned about!!!

deepfreezefilms.com
L
veteran
veteran
L
Trump’s talent for disruption through cavalierly sowing chaos, one of his most appealing qualities to his followers, does not seem to be well-suited to managing the current state of things.

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
Page 23 of 104 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard