WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/20/24 03:38 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,072 my own book page
5,017,078 We shall overcome
4,196,071 Campaign 2016
3,794,717 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,749 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,790
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 104 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 103 104
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by chunkstyle
Well, Trumps approval ratings are up and in the majority so that means he’s doing a good job and what Americans want. Hmm

I wouldn't be surprised if he finally broke 50%. He's reassuring Americans that this will soon be over and everything will quickly be back to normal.

America is open for business on the federal level, nothing preventing things from getting back to normal except Democrats.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
CHB-OG
CHB-OG
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Which plan do YOU think is better?
That's what the big kerfuffle is about...that's what Mitch McConnell's big hissy fit is about.
Don't let ANYONE tell ANYONE otherwise.
Republicans are really big on bloc grants, ergo the money to states and localities.

Dems want direct payment relief for everyone.

Contrarian, extraordinaire

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
He has

Biden's in a meat locker. The Ibogaine hit he got for the last debate has clearly worn off. Sanders has suspended his campaign to raise money for relief.

Conservatives and liberals are starting to float getting people back out to work. The market is demanding it as the alternative is more unthinkable. Any form of planned social distribution that would collide with market fealty, I suppose.

Strong death cult energy in the air now.

veteran
Online Content
veteran
He's reassuring Americans that this will soon be over and everything will quickly be back to normal.
I think what you meant to type is, he says this will be over soon etc etc.
There is nothing reassuring about what he is saying. I can very easily see a dystopian future from the actions he has taken and is considering.

People make fun of me mentioning the prospects of the walking dead ... remember ... for every 1000 confirmed cases of corona there are upwards of another 2000 potential cases waiting to be detected

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
No bill congress passes will have much effect. The important information is in the spreadsheet model above. Considering the relatively poor quarantine we have so far, I suspect we will have nearly 100% infection in about 20 days. Trump can only make that worse. The good news is that by about 14 days after that, we are all either recovered or dead. No more virus in America! Of course, about 6 million or so dead because hospitals will run out of ventilators shortly.

So will people remember Trump's crappy response, resulting in about the same number of Jews killed by Hitler? His main concern, the stock market, is going to fall drastically from where it is now as people panic. We are seeing dead cat bounces from his deluded fans buying. If those Trump fans buy now and panic sell at the bottom, will they blame Trump for having their retirement savings wiped out? Are a lot of Trump voters going to decide "owning the libs" by installing a sociopath as President was a bad idea in November? Are a lot of elderly Trump voters going to be dead?

We shall see around April 14th.

Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Life is getting complicated at home. My son has been in isolation for 10 days. Today my wife has started exhibiting symptoms (fever, so far low grade), and dry cough (which is hard, when you have a trach) and tight chest. She is the one we've been isolating our son to protect. The local testing location has shuttered because the exhausted their testing supplies. Fortunately, we have three bedrooms and three bathrooms, plus the RV. But trying to keep the three of us separated AND keep tabs on her progress will be difficult. It may just be the season, but given current conditions, we're not taking chances. Plus, who keeps the dogs?

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Life is getting complicated at home. My son has been in isolation for 10 days. Today my wife has started exhibiting symptoms (fever, so far low grade), and dry cough (which is hard, when you have a trach) and tight chest. She is the one we've been isolating our son to protect. The local testing location has shuttered because the exhausted their testing supplies. Fortunately, we have three bedrooms and three bathrooms, plus the RV. But trying to keep the three of us separated AND keep tabs on her progress will be difficult. It may just be the season, but given current conditions, we're not taking chances. Plus, who keeps the dogs?

OMG praying for you John...
Hate this helpless feeling, is there anything you need?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Patience. I need lots of patience. I'm not a very passive individual, so this is maddening. I want information. I want to do, not sit. I was planning on donating blood tomorrow, and that now seems foolish.

I just finished cancelling the family reunion, yesterday. That was painful -I've spent a year setting it up. But the safety of the family is paramount. I'd rather we all be here for it next year. But, this is more painful.

It is insane that we can't get her a test to know one way or another. She's extremely high risk. But, she won't even call her doctor, because she's afraid they'll take her to a hospital, and she has good reason to hate hospitals. I just want to KNOW, even if we follow the same protocols either way.

I mentioned it here because you guys know me, and we're already "socially distant". I trust you all, and I need to vent.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by NW Ponderer
Patience. I need lots of patience. I'm not a very passive individual, so this is maddening. I want information. I want to do, not sit. I was planning on donating blood tomorrow, and that now seems foolish.

I just finished cancelling the family reunion, yesterday. That was painful -I've spent a year setting it up. But the safety of the family is paramount. I'd rather we all be here for it next year. But, this is more painful.

It is insane that we can't get her a test to know one way or another. She's extremely high risk. But, she won't even call her doctor, because she's afraid they'll take her to a hospital, and she has good reason to hate hospitals. I just want to KNOW, even if we follow the same protocols either way.

I mentioned it here because you guys know me, and we're already "socially distant". I trust you all, and I need to vent.

I know, and she should not only qualify but she should qualify for drive-through testing...but the tests just simply aren't there yet.

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Well, as it turns out...
ALL LIVES DON'T MATTER.

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 25 of 104 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard