WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 103 of 212 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 211 212
L
veteran
veteran
L
Fox News appears to be the source for Trump's new pitch, "Don't make the cure worse than the disease". Trump is FN's puppet.

I don't recall Fox News being on the ballot in 2016. Will it be in 2020?

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the old model obsolete.
R. Buckminster Fuller
enthusiast
enthusiast
Abrams lost the governor’s race by a mere 55,000 votes here in Georgia in 2018. She was minority leaders in our state legislature and has a history working across the aisle to get things accomplished. Her lack of experience, she never held a statewide office perhaps is the only thing against her. Stacey would also give the democrats a good chance of winning Georgia. From purely a numbers aspect, the best candidate to help Biden get to 270, she is the one. Deny Trump Georgia, Trump loses.

I’d also look at those from swing states, again from a number’s perspective. Klobuchar would be a good choice. Hillary won Minnesota by just a single percentage point in 2016, Amy would guarantee Minnesota stays blue along with having influence in Wisconsin which Trump won. Speaking of Wisconsin, Baldwin would be another, numbers wise, a good choice. Trump won Wisconsin, Baldwin should deliver the state to Biden along with having some influence in Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Whitmer, Michigan, another excellent pick. She would deliver Michigan, plus have influence in Wisconsin and Ohio. All three from the Midwest brings regional balance to the ticket as would Abrams from the South.

Warren and Harris are from solid Democratic States, neither does anything as to helping Biden get to 270. Although Harris would bring regional balance to the ticket, Warren wouldn’t. Warren is also 70, having two old fogies on the same ticket, I don’t think that is a good idea. I’d say Harris over Warren, the above mentioned four over Harris.

Yes, Baldwin, Klobuchar are senators, Whitmer a governor. Both Minnesota and Wisconsin have democratic governors, each would appoint another democrat should Biden win. Michigan has a Democratic Lt. Governor to replace Whitmer. There would be no loses senate or governorship wise for the Democrats. Although there probably would be special elections in 2022 in both Wisconsin and Minnesota for Baldwin’s or Klobuchar seats as their senate term doesn’t expire until 2024. But the appointed senator would have two years to get known and appreciated along with having an incumbent’s advantage.

This from a purely numbers perspective, choosing the best VP that gives my ticket the best chance of gaining 270 electoral votes.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
journeyman
journeyman
I want Abrams mostly on account of she's the right person for the job.

What can we do to help you stop screaming?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Hamish Howl
I want Abrams mostly on account of she's the right person for the job.

She has a good reputation here in Georgia from all but hard core Republicans who hate her. I'm not sure how her history of being willing to work with Republicans to get legislation passed would set with some Democrats. Although as a senator, Biden did that when he could also.

I do think both Abrams and Biden bring the art of the possible to the table, as in the old saying, politics is the art of achieving the possible. I also think four years of grooming for Abrams as VP would make her the ideal candidate for 2024.

I'll sum her up as saying outside of experience, she is in my opinion an ideal choice.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Abrams would probably be his best choice. She will cement the black vote, deliver Georgia to Biden, and probably depose Trump.

I have an enormous amount of respect for black women, a certain amount of fear too. They aint afraid to grab yo little arm and spank yo ass right out the door of the supermarket.

I'd like to see her as VP. I don't know a lot about her but her record speaks for itself. Strategically speaking I can see a path to her winning in 2024. It's not an easy path but there's a possibility.

Not enough to actually get me to vote for him though.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
I agree that Abrams could, could being the keyword deliver Georgia to Biden. Biden is fairly well liked down here where as Hillary was deeply disliked. That combo might be a winner here. Abrams lost the governorship in 2018 by a mere 55,000 votes, a bit more than a single percentage point.

Deny Trump Georgia, he loses. From a numbers perspective, Abrams is the best choice. She's an excellent campaigner. It really surprised me that Stacey decided not to run for either of our two senate seats up for election this year. Perhaps she knew something else was waiting in the wings for her.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by perotista
I agree that Abrams could, could being the keyword deliver Georgia to Biden. Biden is fairly well liked down here where as Hillary was deeply disliked. That combo might be a winner here. Abrams lost the governorship in 2018 by a mere 55,000 votes, a bit more than a single percentage point.

And only then due to the most blatant voter suppression since Bull Daley kicked the bucket.

What can we do to help you stop screaming?
enthusiast
enthusiast
for a numbers guy, there's something very interesting happening with Trump's approval numbers since this Corona Virus thing has taken hold.

Trump's overall Job performance approval/disapproval numbers caught my eye. For the first time since 14 Mar 2017, over three years ago those who disapprove of Trump Job Performance has dropped below 50%. Currently nationwide, Trump job approval is at 46.5%, Disapprove 49.7%. The 46.5% is the highest overall approval percentage ever or since he took office. How long will this improvement last, I don't know. But I'm certainly going to keep an eye on it.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

I would wager it is all due to the public's perception of how he is handling the pandemic. Public Approval of President Trump's Handling of the Coronavirus: Approve 49.4% Disapprove 45.3%

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...ps_handling_of_the_coronavirus-7088.html

This I don't think any of you wanted to hear or see. Progressives staying home in November might not be such a good idea or is dividing the Democratic Party.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There's a fair chance that this thing blows over pretty quickly and Trump comes out smelling like a rose.

There's a bigger chance that it grinds on for months and Trump's current "surge" in the approval/disapproval polls will dwindle away like his stock market gains.

Trump is blessed with Teela Brown's luck. It's not normal.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
There's a fair chance that this thing blows over pretty quickly and Trump comes out smelling like a rose.

There's a bigger chance that it grinds on for months and Trump's current "surge" in the approval/disapproval polls will dwindle away like his stock market gains.

Trump is blessed with Teela Brown's luck. It's not normal.

1. Trump: This country wasn't built to be shutdown.
This coming from The Shutdown King himself.

2. Trump: We inherited a broken system, that was also inadequate.
Trump's actions specifically broke the system further, and he had 3.5+ years to do something ABOUT the system that he thinks was inherited as inadequate and broken, he had three and a half years to ADDRESS these problems and he did NOTHING.

3. Trump: No one saw this coming. (echoed by his staff minions)

Trump is resorting to the same weak and lame excuses that Bush tried with regard to 9/11, another Republican debacle of spectacular proportions that we were warned about.
Trump is attempting to have us believe that the warnings about the pandemic were never given, and that it was okay for him to ignore them if he heard them, which HE DID.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Page 103 of 212 1 2 101 102 103 104 105 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard