WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Kaine - 05/20/24 03:38 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 5 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,072 my own book page
5,017,078 We shall overcome
4,196,071 Campaign 2016
3,794,717 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,749 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,790
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 104 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 103 104
enthusiast
enthusiast

Update on Trump’s job performances. His overall job performance disapproval is still below 50% and has been since 24 Mar. Currently nationwide, Trump job approval is at 47.3%, still a record high for him, Disapprove 49.3%.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html

Public Approval of President Trump's Handling of the Coronavirus: Approve 50.5% Disapprove 45.5%

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/e...ps_handling_of_the_coronavirus-7088.html

Still very partisan with 84% of Democrats stating Trump has done an awful job, 89% of Republicans stating Trump’s response has been excellent. Independents, the non-affiliated and less partisan, 47% approve, 43% disapprove.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
You sure you won't need tippers, what with being out in the boonies and all?
Out here the chair is strictly for indoor use. I spend about 12-14 hours a day in this desk chair. Sometimes I move to a recliner for gaming. I'll get the tippers for while I'm learning to drive the chair so I don't go over backwards, once I've mastered wheelies and gained control of the thing I'll remove them. You can't go down a curb with them on the back or you'll wind up on your face. Custom manual chairs are extremely tipsy and have a really short wheelbase so they can have a tight turning radius. They aren't like those transport chairs for invalids. My upper body is fine, my arms and shoulders are strong. If I could just stop falling down even my back might heal. The legs aint coming back though.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Hey con-tards, how's that "government drowned in the bathtub" stuff holdin' up for ya?

The Trump administration acted far less expeditiously. When China began confining many millions of people to their homes in January, the U.S. government should have gotten the message that this was serious, the Yale sociologist and physician Nicholas Christakis told me. “We lost six weeks” in the United States to prepare—“to build ventilators, get protective equipment, organize our ICUs, get tests ready, prepare the public for what was going to happen so that our economy didn’t tank as badly. None of this was done adequately by our leaders.”
The U.S. response, by contrast, has been hobbled in part by low levels of trust in government and high levels of partisanship, reflected in how even the concept of social distancing has become politicized.
Why America Is Uniquely Unsuited to Dealing With the Coronavirus

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
You sure you won't need tippers, what with being out in the boonies and all?
Out here the chair is strictly for indoor use. I spend about 12-14 hours a day in this desk chair. Sometimes I move to a recliner for gaming. I'll get the tippers for while I'm learning to drive the chair so I don't go over backwards, once I've mastered wheelies and gained control of the thing I'll remove them. You can't go down a curb with them on the back or you'll wind up on your face. Custom manual chairs are extremely tipsy and have a really short wheelbase so they can have a tight turning radius. They aren't like those transport chairs for invalids. My upper body is fine, my arms and shoulders are strong. If I could just stop falling down even my back might heal. The legs aint coming back though.

Oh I understand. Believe me, after twenty-two years and almost a dozen and a half different chairs, we have definitely learned about them.

Right now Karen has a manual chair which she hardly ever uses now that pressure sores are an issue, an older "retired" power chair as a backup, and her current power chair which is her primary.

But for the first twelve or thirteen years, she refused a power chair altogether, before her rotator cuff started yelling at her. That's when the doctors told her it might be time to get a power chair.

I'll never forget her convo with her PT lady:

"But I can't give up my manual chair, that's my physical therapy."

"No, your manual chair is your MOBILITY, your physical therapy is your physical therapy, and that's why your shoulder is giving you problems now. You've been ignoring your PT too long."

"Ohhhhh...."

Of course now she's been very good about going to her PT, at least up till the recent crisis. frown

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
veteran
veteran
May I conclude that if Republicans love Mr Trump's response to the corona, then they would have loved Pres Obama's response to H1N1?

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
There's also a power chair waiting for me in the house I'm moving to. They bought Nick a nice new power chair and remodeled his house for him after his injury, sadly he never made it out of rehab. I'm also looking for an electric cargo trike to get me a little more range. I'll be quite the sight! Auld longbeard hauling his wheelchair around town on a tricycle...

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rporter314
May I conclude that if Republicans love Mr Trump's response to the corona, then they would have loved Pres Obama's response to H1N1?

You're missing the whole partisanship angle. Democrats hate Trump's response, Republicans love it. If Obama had done the same thing, provided the same response to H1N1, Democrats would have loved it, Republicans hated it.

It's all about the R and the D behind the name. Not the response. It's all about who proposes something, anything proposed by Republicans is automatically opposed by Democrats and vice versa. Anything proposed by democrats is automatically opposed by Republicans.

Such is the nature of the political era we have entered today. Polarization, ultra high partisanship and divisiveness.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Interessting MedCram video about something everybody could try at home without having to buy anything:

Temperature Effects on Immunity

This matches Dr. John Campbell's observation that in Italy, doctors do everything they can to reduce fever often using Ibuprofen. He thought that may have contributed to the very high death rate. The video points out that ERs are telling Covid patients to go home and come back once they have pneumonia. But they have no suggestions to prevent those patients from getting pneumonia to begin with. So here's what doctors did to prevent Spanish Flu victims from getting pneumonia. He actually has some numbers.

veteran
veteran
I guess I should have included the appropriate emoji.

But still ... had Pres Obama done the exact same thing as Mr Trump I would have been just as critical of Pres Obama.

If ya frackup ... own it and try to do better next time

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by rporter314
I guess I should have included the appropriate emoji.

But still ... had Pres Obama done the exact same thing as Mr Trump I would have been just as critical of Pres Obama.

If ya frackup ... own it and try to do better next time
Very few from either party will own up to something wrong the president of their party did. Kudos.

Page 34 of 104 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard