WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 104 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 103 104
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by perotista
You're missing the whole partisanship angle. Democrats hate Trump's response

What is partisan about it?

January 26th:
People have wondered what Democrats would have done differently. There's your answer.
JANUARY twenty-****ing sixth.

Schumer calls on feds to declare coronavirus outbreak a public health emergency
By Daniel Cassady and Jackie Salo | January 26, 2020 | 4:20pm

Sen. Chuck Schumer on Sunday* urged federal officials to declare coronavirus a public health emergency in the US, so millions more in funds could be made available to fight the deadly bug.

The senator appealed to the Department of Health and Human Services to make the declaration in order for the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention to access $85 million that is allocated to fight infectious disease.

“Should the outbreak get worse they’re going to need immediate access to critical federal funds that at present they can’t access,” Schumer told reporters at his Manhattan office.

The CDC issued its first warning on January 8th.
Trump held campaign rallies on the 9th, 14th, 28th, 30th, Feb 10th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 28th.

He GOLFED on Jan 18th, 19th, Fev 1st, 15th, Mar 7th and 8th.

During this entire time he continually called the whole thing a hoax, the flu, the common cold, he said we'd be done in a week, it would be a miracle, etc etc.
The first time he admitted it might be a crisis was March 13th.

Please defend this for us all, Perotista.
Tell us where the PARTISANSHIP IS in HATING this response which has killed untold numbers of Americans.
I say partisanship my rosy red ass...the man is a lunatic.

And it doesn't have a damn thing to do with him being a Republican and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with partisanship.

*Sunday, January 26, 2020

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
And he tops it all off by accusing Cuomo of stealing equipment and running a black market!

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Maybe that's all true, Jeff, but the partisan republican response is that Trump is doing a great job!

Democrats think he's doing an awful job.

That's a big partisan divide. There IS a partisan angle and it's important. Once again Democrats are underestimating Trump, thinking this will surely bring him down. Blood on his hands...yada yada yada.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
Maybe that's all true, Jeff, but the partisan republican response is that Trump is doing a great job!

Democrats think he's doing an awful job.

That's a big partisan divide. There IS a partisan angle and it's important. Once again Democrats are underestimating Trump, thinking this will surely bring him down. Blood on his hands...yada yada yada.

The states where most people are ignoring the warnings, where most think it's all media hype, are on the cusp of some very medieval sh!t in the next few weeks.

Check back then and see how well all our comments have aged.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
So you're saying that in a few weeks Trump supporters will turn against him because a bunch of people are going to die? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say nope. They will continue to love and adore him while blaming Pelosi for everything. That's how partisanship works.

Democrats will continue to hate him. Just as Democrats continued to love Obama as he sat on his duff and let the banks take away their homes.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Just as Democrats continued to love Obama as he sat on his duff and let the banks take away their homes.

Do you even remember the congressional fight over the CFPB and McConnell blocking almost every attempt to make the banks accountable?
Do you remember the fight over Dodd-Frank, or the lengths to which Republicans went to prevent even the most basic borrower protections against --- OMG never mind, this is just absurd.

You really don't even remember what we went through, it seems.
Moreso, you don't seem to remember what the Rethuglicans put Bamz through.

deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
enthusiast
So you're saying that in a few weeks Trump supporters will turn against him because a bunch of people are going to die? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say nope. They will continue to love and adore him while blaming Pelosi for everything. That's how partisanship works.

Democrats will continue to hate him. Just as Democrats continued to love Obama as he sat on his duff and let the banks take away their homes.
Our politics may be different, but we seem to be kindred spirits in the way we look at things. You're correct, those who love Trump will continue to love him no matter what he does or doesn't do. Those who hate him will always hate him, again regardless of what he does or doesn't do. I suppose one can substitute Democrat for anti-Trumpers and Republicans for pro-Trumpers. At least around 85% of each party.

I tend to gloss over both major parties and go to independents, the less partisan and non-affiliate folks. I study independents as they will generally let you know who wins an election or what those folks who aren't all that partisan think about issues, policy and legislation.

You have a good chunk of this group that are persuadable. That can swing wildly between parties from one election to the next. It's these folks one must convince to vote against Trump. Trumpers never will. On the other side, Trump and company must persuade this group to vote for him as anti-trumpers never will.

Trying to convince Trump supporters to leave him won't work. Just like trying to convince Obama supporters to desert him, didn't happen. But that group in the middle is up for grabs. Concentrate on that group, not the hard core Republicans, Trumpers or democrats, anti-Trumpers.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
I think we are just now witnessing the amnesia that comes with three and a half years of stress at this level. People, even smart people, seem to be forgetting what life was really even like prior to Trump's ascent to near dictatorship.

Sure, dictatorship by proxy if you want to call it that, it's something of a cultlike power grab. Trump is on record openly talking about how he could crash the economy if he felt like it (2014) and so it's become so off the scale absurd that it should be funny.

I guess three and a half years has begun to normalize the brand so much that everything that happened in the recent past now seems a century ago.

The brand...yes...Trump has a brand. He has always had a brand, and it's always been the same brand. It's how he has always conducted business, and this is not much different a formula, only magnified, and his methods have the astonishing ability to instill a nationwide case of battered wife syndrome.
Don the Pimp has convinced many of us that the guy we had before was a no account shiftless no good [censored].

The Brand...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
A little bit of good news that is part disaster capitalism, part goodwill, part luck and part timing.

Texas 'mom and pop' business flooded with [b]orders for helmet ventilators amid coronavirus crisis[/b]

"Chris, I saw what you do, and we want to help," Whitesides said, according to Austin. "Whatever it takes."

Austin told him he needed more machines to manufacture the devices but didn't have the cash to pay for them. Later that day, Austin got a call from his New Jersey-based supplier.

"Somebody just paid your bill," Austin said he was told. "They'll be shipping tomorrow."

deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
And then...

Trump officials have decided against reopening Obamacare enrollment to uninsured Americans during the coronavirus pandemic, defying calls from health insurers and Dems to create a special sign-up window amid the health crisis

POLITICO on Twitter

deepfreezefilms.com
Page 35 of 104 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard