WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by Jeffery J. Haas - 05/20/24 02:30 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 4 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,081,060 my own book page
5,017,077 We shall overcome
4,196,069 Campaign 2016
3,794,715 Trump's Trumpet
3,017,747 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,789
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 104 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 103 104
journeyman
journeyman
There is still time for the states to set up absentee voting for everyone. There is money for this in the virus bill, but Republicans do not want to do this. It seems that absentee voting screws up all voter suppression efforts by the GOP and Democratic votes would be overwhelming.

As far as I know Wisconsin still intends to hold their primary vote - Coronavirus crashes the Wisconsin primary a Politico article

Vote 2022!

Life is like a PB&J sandwich. The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!
veteran
veteran
Yes ... mail-in voting would be Republican's nightmare and dream. Let me explain.

Mail-in would, as several Republicans have noted, kill their chances of ever winning anything. What they are not considering however is the opportunity to tie up an election forever in the courts and thus pushing the election to the SC (ahhh .... 2000). Anyone want to guess who wins that???

ignorance is the enemy
without equality there is no liberty
Save America - Lock Trump Up!!!!

veteran
veteran
I do think it premature to be talking about cancelling or rescheduling the November general elections at this time
Let's see ...

It is unknown what the effects will be for the next couple of months. By June 1 we should have a better idea where this is going. But then as Dr Faucci says we will get the whiplash effect of a return in the fall. Still no vaccine, but maybe an effective treatment, but will we still employ social distancing as the best and most effective prophylactic? If so November voting will be compromised unless an effective alternative is found.

I like being prepared by considering situations which appear probable.

ignorance is the enemy

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by rporter314
Yes ... mail-in voting would be Republican's nightmare and dream. Let me explain.

Mail-in would, as several Republicans have noted, kill their chances of ever winning anything. What they are not considering however is the opportunity to tie up an election forever in the courts and thus pushing the election to the SC (ahhh .... 2000). Anyone want to guess who wins that???

That would possibly set off something of a revolution and here's why.
By that time, people will have become accustomed to dealing with an economic crisis, and a ham handed toss to the SCOTUS to pick a pre-ordained and selected "winner" for the second time in 20 years (based on a SCOTUS vote only) would just be one more angle to the ongoing crisis, and as a result, I think we might see a hardened social and economic response, which would ricochet across the economy.

It wouldn't have to be much either, because by that time, the golden goose may already be on life support anyway.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
I was watching the governor cuomo report this morning. The Navy sent the Comfort to New York to handle hospital patients that do NOT have Covid-19. The reasoning is that the Navy figures they simply don't have the ability to disinfect the Covid-19 from the ship after its done with Covid-19. There is, however, a problem. Seems that New York doesn't have all that many no-Covid-19 problems. This is pretty interesting. I live in a small town of 19,000 We have the county hospital here. We also, at the present time, have 8 people with Covid-19 (as far as anybody knows and all 8 are currently not in the hospital). The hospital is expecting Covid-19 patients but they are not here yet and the hospital is not reducing staff because they knows its coming. Oh, as far as I know 7 of those infected came from outside the area and only one is from spread) The problem is that they don't have all that many patients! (they stopped all non-necessary operations, etc).

This is a problem and, I suspect, its a problem nationwide (except for those states not doing the distance thing thereby guaranteeing that they will have a Covid-19 disaster on their hands pretty soon)

I wonder if they should return to doing non-necessary operations?

veteran
veteran
I see Gov. Kim Reynolds (R-IA) will not issue a stay in place order because she believes Dr Fauci does not have all the information. So, I have to wonder what information she has which Dr Fauci does not have????

I recommend the family of anyone living in IA who dies from the corona to file a wrongful death suit by negligent homicide against this moron.

ignorance is the enemy

Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Governor Reynolds is a moron and unfit to judge anybody smarter. That's the problem with democratic elections: All the morons are just as likely to vote for a moron as for a smart person, if the moron has a nice speaking voice and looks good on TV. (And she does.) Politicians should not be making medical or epidemiology decisions, unless they actually are MDs or qualified epidemiologists. This is Trump's lack of respect for expertise biting us in the ass.

Dr. Fauci understands the simple fact that when a virus doubles infections every three days, a few scattered cases of asymptomatic infection turn into Italy withing a few weeks. He wants to spare Iowa that experience. Well, it's Governor Reynolds' political funeral if that's what she wants.

Carpal Tunnel
Online Happy
Carpal Tunnel
I'm surprised that Donald Trump hasn't yet tried selling the ashes of cremated COVID19 victims to cannibals as "Instant People Powder".

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
OP Offline
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Jeffery J. Haas
I'm surprised that Donald Trump hasn't yet tried selling the ashes of cremated COVID19 victims to cannibals as "Instant People Powder".
It just hasn't been reported yet.

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
She is simply saying that he is as ignorant as she is so why would she listen to him? These people revel in being flat out ignorant. Its their thing - top down ignorance and everything in between.

AND THEY GLORY IN IT!

If the Dems can't take out these jackasses....... They have not, if memory serves, ever had the opposition working so hard to prove their ignorance and ability to toady to their lord and master. The problem is, obviously, that they are actually killing people!

I also agree about going after them in the courts as people WILL be dying! The only real problem is that the Dems seem to be having a really hard time actually saying that out loud (must have something to do with their obvious scheme to lose the election everyplace they can)

Just dawned on me. The Democrats have decided that the election doesn't start until after their convention, whenever that is (nobody really knows how or when)

Page 37 of 104 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 103 104

Link Copied to Clipboard