WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 114 of 212 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 211 212
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Livetoride
[/quote]
And Republicans will fly off the handle because they are doing too much and if they try to do anything at all it will be deemed an un-Constitutional power grab

Explain your interpretation of the modern republican party again? I'm confused about the definition of a, "republican". [/quote]

When have Republicans not flown off the handle every time Democrats tried to accomplish anything? ACA comes to mind, perhaps you remember that? My definition of a republican is a right leaning individual who may or may not be a party member. When I use a capital R as in Republican I'm speaking of a registered member of the Republican Party. My interpretation of the Republican Party is roughly equal to the largest smelliest pile of dogsh*t you can imagine. After it's dried out a few days it more resembles the Democrats. It's gone pale, the aroma not quite so pungent and it's more likely to crumble than stick to your shoe.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Hamish Howl
Originally Posted by Greger
"I have no idea how to fix x, y, and z, but I know people who can."

And this is somehow different from "I'll hire the best people"?

So you think the president SHOULD make decisions in place of experts in a given field?

I think Trump promised to "hire the best people"

How is Biden's promise to "hire the best people" different.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Hamish Howl
"I have no idea how to fix x, y, and z, but I know people who can."

And this is somehow different from "I'll hire the best people"?

So you think the president SHOULD make decisions in place of experts in a given field?

I would guess that it would be what defines the best people.

Trump's model of the "best people" are the people who will give him a public rim job.

What can we do to help you stop screaming?
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
The biggest difference is that Biden is not bat-shiz crazy, so his "experts" would actually be experts. Like professors, scientists, economists, and such rather than Trump crony crackpots and former FOX News broadcasters. "Hire the best people" means hire the worst people in Trump-speak.

Actually hiring the best people is what every competent President has to do. The federal government is way too complex for one person to run all by himself, even if that person is an actual genius. Remember, the rarest of geniuses are only about twice as smart as the average Joe. Two and a half times as smart (IQ 250) does not exist.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
The biggest difference is that Biden is not bat-shiz crazy, so his "experts" would actually be experts. Like professors, scientists, economists, and such rather than Trump crony crackpots and former FOX News broadcasters. "Hire the best people" means hire the worst people in Trump-speak.

Actually hiring the best people is what every competent President has to do. The federal government is way too complex for one person to run all by himself, even if that person is an actual genius. Remember, the rarest of geniuses are only about twice as smart as the average Joe. Two and a half times as smart (IQ 250) does not exist.

And...the other "biggest difference" is that Biden is most likely to actually LISTEN TO the experts.

When's the last time anyone in the current administration actually listened to anyone other than the sycophants in their inner circle, the morons on Fox News, or Rush Limbaugh and Alex Jones?

I have to laugh at anyone who makes a direct comparison between TrumpCo and any Democratic administration. Dried dog crap, please.
They're not far left enough? Yeah okay...they aren't far left enough, they aren't as far left as we need to be.

How on Earth is that the same as being a millimeter away from Viktor Orban. Trump just threatened to adjourn Congress.

Sure, the odds of his gambit succeeding are infinitesimal, at least for now. So, what will Trump do if his plan to erase the Legislative Branch's authority fails? Will he stop and think and will cooler heads prevail?
The odds of that happening are even smaller, because instead, Trump will search for ways to up the ante even more, taking whatever hostages are handy. The man fantasizes about crashing the economy to get his way.

What's next? Starting a war to get satisfaction?
The choruses of "It Can't Happen Here" are getting really old, and so are all the bogus "red lines" that keep getting laid down; Trump will never do this, Trump can't do that, even Trump would never do X or Y, bla bla bla -- he has DONE almost everything folks said he would never do, and even when he has failed to actually do something, that doesn't ever stop him from upping the ante, it spurs him on.

Shall we wait till one of these batsh!t attempts succeeds?
He's already succeeded in crashing the economy just by refusing to take prompt action to stem a pandemic.
Shall we wait for him to start pushing buttons?

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Two and a half times as smart (IQ 250) does not exist.

Marilyn VosSavant's (yeah right, like that's a real name - LOL) Standford-Binet score was supposedly a record 228.
Her claim to fame?
She's a magazine columnist!

I had a very dear friend who could do advanced physics calculations in his head.
My nuclear physicist father tossed him a couple of questions for fun and damn near fell out of his chair when my friend responded with a correct answer in a matter of seconds.
His claim to fame?
He never got a better job than being a courier.
He too, died at a young age.
He died a bitter, miserable drunk.

The world is full of people with sky-high IQ's who work delivering pizzas. Just having the IQ of a Good Will Hunting is not enough.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
CHB-OG
CHB-OG

Fatboy thinks "best people" are cretins like Betsy De Voss. Clearly Fatboy doesn't understand what the word "best" means. Then again, Fatboy is a functioning illiterate. Biden is literate and knows what words mean.

Hmm

Contrarian, extraordinaire

J
jgw Offline
old hand
old hand
J
My suspicion is that he might prefer Brazil!

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pdx rick

Fatboy thinks "best people" are cretins like Betsy De Voss. Clearly Fatboy doesn't understand what the word "best" means. Then again, Fatboy is a functioning illiterate. Biden is literate and knows what words mean.

Hmm

Trump hired the best people to do what he was hired to do. Destroy the departments that Republicans and corporate interests would like to see destroyed. They have done a remarkable job.

Biden is a corporate controlled neoliberal. He will choose the best people to rebuild those departments to better serve corporations while giving lip service to unions and the working class.

He'll be a better president than Trump but that doesn't magically mean he's gonna be a "good" president.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Biden is literate and knows what words mean.
Biden is a peevish old prick who flies off the handle when he's asked hard questions. He will surround himself with people who don't ask hard questions, that don't question his judgement. Remember, he can't remember what town he's in or who he is talking to, he's old and sometimes confused. He won't be able to absorb as much information as a younger sharper man so his intelligence briefings, like Trump's. will need to be kept simple to avoid confusing him. When he gets confused he lashes out.

Apparently when I look at him I see an entirely different person than everyone else.

Page 114 of 212 1 2 112 113 114 115 116 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard