WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 115 of 212 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 211 212
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Greger
Biden is literate and knows what words mean.
Biden is a peevish old prick who flies off the handle when he's asked hard questions. He will surround himself with people who don't ask hard questions, that don't question his judgement. Remember, he can't remember what town he's in or who he is talking to, he's old and sometimes confused. He won't be able to absorb as much information as a younger sharper man so his intelligence briefings, like Trump's. will need to be kept simple to avoid confusing him. When he gets confused he lashes out.

Apparently when I look at him I see an entirely different person than everyone else.

I could not disagree more, and I'm not looking for a fight. Just agree to disagree man,

What if the Hokey-Pokey REALLY IS what it's all about?
God Hates Me
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Almost anybody at the presidential podium would introduce and defer to his expert on the subject, when asked a difficult technical question. Not Trump. It's not a President's job to answer difficult technical questions, unless somebody asked Jimmy Carter a question about nuclear reactors. Ask Biden about a virus, and he would have his HHS or infectious disease expert like Fauci answer. And then not contradict him in the next sentence.

Trump is almost unique in this sense. He's actually told us again and again that he knows more on every subject than the experts. That's a very dangerous delusion for anybody in power to have.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Just agree to disagree man

In the fullness of time...we will know whether I am right or wrong. I would prefer in the end to agree that you were right.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
He'll be a better president than Trump but that doesn't magically mean he's gonna be a "good" president.

WORST vs.

OKAY - GOOD - BETTER - BEST

He'll be a better president than Trump - - but let's just let Trump destroy the country, and by proxy, most of the developed world, for another four years, because - -

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I just don't get it, and I never will.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
enthusiast
I said numerous times on another site that the Democrats should nominate a fresh young face. That if that fresh young face was from flyover country, so much the better. That wasn't to be. Fresh young faces from flyover country had been successful for the Democrats in the past. Obama, Illinois, Bill Clinton, Arkansas, Jimmy Carter, Georgia. Old politicians not so successful. Hillary Clinton 2016, John Kerry 2004, Al Gore 2000, Micheal Dukakis, 1988, Mondale 1984. JFK was young, although LBJ probably would qualify as an old politician. But death led him to the presidency. Then another old politician lost to Nixon in 1968, Humphrey.

This year we were left with two old white men and an old white woman from the Northeast. Although Buttigieg gave me a bit of hope in Iowa and Amy Klobuchar after New Hampshire.

With all said and done at this point, I'll vote and support Biden. I hope he picks a young fresh face for his VP. Again one from flyover country would be ideal. Regional balance on the ticket.

Biden is far from the choice I had hoped for. But he's the one the Democrats chose. I'm not really enthusiastic about him, but of the choices I do think he stands the best chance of dethroning Trump of those who were left prior to Super Tuesday. Unlike a couple of others, I'm sure Biden will win the independent vote and with the democratic party still being the larger of the two major parties, he'll become our next president.

So how about it old Joe, a fresh young face from flyover country as VP. One you can groom for 2024?

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
He's kind of limited himself by promising to have a woman as VP. I won't be surprised if it's Warren. That would actually help him with the left. She's already said she would do it, if asked. Klobuchar probably gets him more Northern swing states. She's also a lot closer politically to Biden.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
He's kind of limited himself by promising to have a woman as VP. I won't be surprised if it's Warren. That would actually help him with the left. She's already said she would do it, if asked. Klobuchar probably gets him more Northern swing states. She's also a lot closer politically to Biden.

Abrahms. Seriously.

What can we do to help you stop screaming?
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
Warren wouldn't help Biden get to 270. The Northeast is going Democratic whoever Biden chooses as is the West Coast. I would think someone who could deliver a state Trump won in 2016 and have a positive influence in swing states in flyover country would be much better than an old woman, Warren.

Warren probably would hurt Biden in some swing states. Hillary won Minnesota by a single point in 2016, a Klobuchar would guarantee Minnesota stays blue and help in Wisconsin. Baldwin, Wisconsin would deliver that state to Biden, help in Minnesota and Michigan. Whitmer, Michigan would turn Michigan blue, help Biden in neighboring Ohio and Wisconsin. All states Trump won.

Abrams in Georgia wouldn't guarantee a win here. But one must remember she lost the governor's race by a mere 55,000 votes. She's a good campaigner, there is probably around a 40% chance with her as Biden's VP, Georgia could be won. I'd give Masto, Nevada a good hard look. Hispanic and ensures Nevada stays Blue. Masto could deliver Arizona to Biden and would have heavy influence in Texas.

All the above provides regional balance along with helping Biden get to 270. Warren neither helps Biden get to 270 nor does she give the ticket regional balance.

I'm a numbers guy, ideology means little to me. The idea is to get my candidate a win. Warren won't help in the midwest nor the south. Harris has been mentioned, but California is going blue anyway. it make no difference whether Biden wins California by 3 million or 4 million votes.

If I knew of a good candidate from Florida or Pennsylvania that could deliver those states, I'd go with them. You're talking 29 and 20 electoral votes and both states Trump won.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
If I knew of a good candidate from Florida or Pennsylvania that could deliver those states, I'd go with them. You're talking 29 and 20 electoral votes and both states Trump won.
There's no Democrats in Florida to speak of, me and another fella over in Pasco County and I think that's about it.

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
enthusiast
enthusiast
There's no Democrats in Florida to speak of, me and another fella over in Pasco County and I think that's about it.
LOL, okay. Well, you'd have to be a woman and preferably a minority to be considered. Congresswoman Demmings has been mentioned. But choosing candidates from the House hasn't had any luck on helping carrying their home state. One just has to go back to 2012 when Romney chose Ryan, they still lost Wisconsin. A candidate from the House just doesn't have that statewide appeal a senator, governor etc. who hold or held statewide office.

Page 115 of 212 1 2 113 114 115 116 117 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard