WE NEED YOUR HELP! Please donate to keep ReaderRant online to serve political discussion and its members. (Blue Ridge Photography pays the bills for RR).
Current Topics
Biden to Cancel $10,000 in Student Loan Debt
by pdx rick - 05/19/24 10:52 PM
A question
by perotista - 05/19/24 08:06 PM
2024 Election Forum
by jgw - 05/17/24 07:45 PM
No rubbers for Trump
by Kaine - 05/16/24 02:21 PM
Marching in favor of Palestinians
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:38 PM
Yeah, Trump admits he is a pure racist
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:28 PM
Trump's base having second thoughts
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:25 PM
Watching the Supreme Court
by pdx rick - 05/14/24 07:07 PM
Trump: "Anti-American authoritarian wannabe
by Doug Thompson - 05/05/24 03:27 PM
Fixing/Engineer the Weather
by jgw - 05/03/24 10:52 PM
Earth Day tomorrow
by logtroll - 05/03/24 01:09 AM
Round Table for Spring 2024
by rporter314 - 04/22/24 03:13 AM
To hell with Trump and his cult
by pdx rick - 04/20/24 08:05 PM
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 3 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Agnostic Politico, Jems, robertjohn, BlackCat13th, ruggedman
6,305 Registered Users
Popular Topics(Views)
10,078,574 my own book page
5,016,696 We shall overcome
4,192,797 Campaign 2016
3,792,248 Trump's Trumpet
3,015,949 3 word story game
Top Posters
pdx rick 47,286
Scoutgal 27,583
Phil Hoskins 21,134
Greger 19,831
Towanda 19,391
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
jgw 6
Kaine 1
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics17,089
Posts313,787
Members6,305
Most Online294
Dec 6th, 2017
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 119 of 212 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 211 212
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
He's just not interested in anything that takes longer than November. If we could get a vaccine before then, he would gladly take credit for it. And in fact, maybe we can. There are clinical trials in progress already.

It's the Despair Quotient!
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by pondering_it_all
He's just not interested in anything that takes longer than November. If we could get a vaccine before then, he would gladly take credit for it. And in fact, maybe we can. There are clinical trials in progress already.

The only vaccine he should really be interested in is one that cures the effects of Tertiary Syphilitic Dementia.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
enthusiast
Here's an interesting article, something I've been talking about a lot. That those voters who disliked both candidates, that those who voted for the candidate they least wanted to lose, not win which was Trump are now choosing Biden. One also has to remember that 9 million voters in 2016 refused to choose between Hillary Clinton and Trump, their dislike for both was that high they voted for a third party candidate that they knew had no chance of winning. Such was the amount of dislike of both major party candidates.

"For Some Reluctant Trump Voters, Coronavirus Was The Last Straw"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reluctant-trump-voters-coronavirus-last-195429217.html

For the record, I was one of the 9 million folks who voted against both Trump and Clinton. Both major party candidates disgusted me to no end. It was like both major parties went searching for the candidates that would disgust most Americans, candidates Americans would dislike and not want to become their next president. They certainly succeeded in 2016.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
C
C
Originally Posted by perotista
Here's an interesting article, something I've been talking about a lot. That those voters who disliked both candidates, that those who voted for the candidate they least wanted to lose, not win which was Trump are now choosing Biden. One also has to remember that 9 million voters in 2016 refused to choose between Hillary Clinton and Trump, their dislike for both was that high they voted for a third party candidate that they knew had no chance of winning. Such was the amount of dislike of both major party candidates.

"For Some Reluctant Trump Voters, Coronavirus Was The Last Straw"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/reluctant-trump-voters-coronavirus-last-195429217.html

That is interesting, and wouldn't surprise me.

For the record, I was one of the 9 million folks who voted against both Trump and Clinton. Both major party candidates disgusted me to no end. It was like both major parties went searching for the candidates that would disgust most Americans, candidates Americans would dislike and not want to become their next president. They certainly succeeded in 2016.

laugh Don't forget the Libertarians, who did their best to compete in kind.

2016 proved again the truth of Greek Tragedy, wherein the failings of each actor proved their downfall, even the actor who seemingly "won", but who seems likely now to receive its comeuppance... due to those same failings.

enthusiast
enthusiast
The problem with the Libertarians is they only field candidates for the presidency and a few senate races. There is no grass roots or base for them. It's kind of like they are satisfied with having only 2 or 3% of the electorate to identify with them.

They're not active at the local level, at the county or town and city level. Only at the national level. Then too, only about half or less that identify with the Libertarian Party will actually vote for their candidates. Preferring to vote for the lesser of two evils from the two major parties. Unless the Libertarians drop down to the grass roots level, the local level and field candidates there, they'll be just a third name on the ballot with no real meaning and with no chance at all. Especially at the national level.

I never understood that.

It's high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first instead of their political party. For way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
That's simple: They don't want to lead a massive party and win control of the country, because they all know their ideas would be a disaster. They just want attention and adoration from their (few) fans. Promoting an "Everybody Else Is Wrong" agenda is an easy way to stand out from the crowd. If they promoted standard Democratic or Republican ideas then they would just be one of many.

Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
When it comes right down to it I never understood Hillary's "failings" or why she disgusted so many people. And I will certainly never understand why anybody thought Trump was a better choice.
**no need to read further, I'm just ranting**

There is not a single incident which has occurred over the last four years that wouldn't have been better handled under her administration.

Thousands of lives would have been saved over the last two months with any able administrator at the helm. Clinton has a decades long record fighting for better healthcare. Her people would have been on this Corona virus thing like stink on sh*t. And Republicans would have fought her every step of the way. But tens of thousands of lives might have been saved. Two Trillion Dollars was handed over to the Trump administration to do with as they pleased.

Without accountability.

The President's son in law informs us those medical stockpiles belong to the Trump Family, not the united states. And the Trump Family will sell them to whom they please for as much as they can get. And they will mostly buy them from their friends. They will even buy them from friends who don't have them to sell.

Millions have been made to suffer over the last three years, perhaps a few thousand have seen benefits relatable to his presidency. He intentionally overheated the economy for maximum possible profit.

He controls the stock market with his tweets.

And some here think he may go down in history as a pretty good president.

Are all of his cell phone calls private? Or will we one day have access to the tapes?

Good coffee, good weed, and time on my hands...
Carpal Tunnel
Carpal Tunnel
Originally Posted by Greger
When it comes right down to it I never understood Hillary's "failings" or why she disgusted so many people. And I will certainly never understand why anybody thought Trump was a better choice.

If you have the financial resources to overheat the global economy, then it stands to reason that you have the financial resources to build a fake cardboard cutout of Hillary and convince enough big money donors that she is the boogeyman.
All you need besides that is the willingness to break some laws (oh wait, not some...A LOT!) and hire enough attorneys to stall prosecution until the next century.

That's my takeaway from it.

"The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD
deepfreezefilms.com
enthusiast
enthusiast
Here's an interesting article I received from Gallup this AM.

"Attention to U.S. Election Reverts to Pre-Primary Level"

https://news.gallup.com/poll/310892...nt=morelink&utm_campaign=syndication

This is what caught my eye, it's lower down in the article.

Enthusiasm has declined since January among both party groups -- down six points among Republicans (to 62%) and down seven points among Democrats (to 54%).

G
G
Jared Kushner is saying that the November 3rd elections will be postponed. The idiot doesn't know that it's done by Federal Law. Oh well, who knows what the Trump Crime Family will be able to do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kushner-law-aside-doesnt-rule-121444216.html

Please take COVID-19 seriously; don't panic but don't deny it; practice social distancing (stay 6ft from people); wash your hands a lot, don't touch your face, don't gather with too many people, so that you help us contain it.
Page 119 of 212 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 211 212

Link Copied to Clipboard